Dhea

TGR74

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Any one using this? I read in a few sites it's good to take for endurance athletes in their 30's Plus.

I took it for a week at 25mg a tablet and it made me fairly cranky but a little bit more "alive" i guess you could say.

Anyone else using this as a supplement...I've read what other sites say but anyone here taking it personally?

It's a healthful thing to take.

DHEA is a plug-in prohormone. Basically anywhere there's hormone or ****bolites lacking, DHEA can readily plug itself in. However, the most notable statistical difference it's made is in males over 50, and in doses of around 300mg per day. As of right now it's cheap, and worth the couple bucks just to take, and the tablets are small.

On a sidenote, there's a lot of lobbying by PhRMA to get DHEA banned for over-the-counter sales, because they want it available only for prescription, and rumor has it they'll charge about $200 per bottle for it.

It's a healthful thing to take.

DHEA is a plug-in prohormone. Basically anywhere there's hormone or ****bolites lacking, DHEA can readily plug itself in. However, the most notable statistical difference it's made is in males over 50, and in doses of around 300mg per day. As of right now it's cheap, and worth the couple bucks just to take, and the tablets are small.

On a sidenote, there's a lot of lobbying by PhRMA to get DHEA banned for over-the-counter sales, because they want it available only for prescription, and rumor has it they'll charge about $200 per bottle for it.

FUCKIN HELL

Its not exactly expensive
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=1972
http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=4645

edit- I hate asking but always do.

Help to take to....who? Would anyone/everyon benefit to some degree?

And this is why I am poor, I keep trying stuff out

A plug-in prohormone can't really hurt, you know? It's kind of like having extra bricks for your house, proverbially, spare parts for your car.

A plug-in prohormone can't really hurt, you know? It's kind of like having extra bricks for your house, proverbially, spare parts for your car.

I hate you for making me think about buying something else

Take it every day or every now and then?

I take it at night before bed.

While this thread is still on page one and I reckon KK will look at it.

What is you opinion on Piracetam and alpha-GPC?

I have a friend that takes it that is nearing 50 and when he takes the 25mg tablets there is noticeable change in how he acts (seems more lively) and he also says he just feels like doing more.

I'm taking the 25 mg tablets once a day now and I don't notice any big differences but I do feel a bit more positive actually if that is something you can actually calculate!

I'm concerned of competitive inhibition caused by the dhea. The dhea needs to have a very specific binding affinity; it needs to be weak enough so that it does not compete with any hormones, but it still needs to be strong enough so that it will still bind.

Considering that this hormone can 'plug-in' into a variety receptors, I would imagine the dhea's binding affinity will vary among different receptors.

Also, it is a bit hard for me to imagine that dhea can plug into any receptors. Receptors have very specific shapes in order to prevent being activated by the wrong hormone.

^^^^
I'm not claiming I have 100% confidence in what I just wrote is true; these just some concerns I have about the product.

Started taking a 50mg pill daily around a month ago. Several years back I had good results on top of training so I figured I'd give it a shot again. It is cheap.

Since starting lifting again seriously around New Years, I've added around 60 lbs to my DL and squat, around 30 to bench. Really seemed to jump after starting DHEA, and libido also surged.

But I sweat terribly at times for no reason, especially in the mornings. I take all my vitamins in the morning, DHEA included. It just started after beginning DHEA supplementation again.

Any correlation? Anyone else have any experiences to share with this supplement?

So no one else sweats like a whore in church when taking DHEA?

Really hate the respect I have for people in this community. Makes me buy tons of shit based on their opinions ;\

Picked up some DHEA and going to try it out =)

Been taking 25mgs of DHEA for a number of years. Haven't noticed a difference. But have read that when to much is taken, can make some assertive.

Is DHEA dangerous?

The Heart Scan Blog: Is DHEA dangerous?

The only side-effects I see at these doses are 1) excessive assertiveness or crabbiness, and 2) insomnia if taken at bedtime.

In my experience, DHEA is a benign hormone, provided it is taken in limited doses and not abused. An occasional female younger than 55 years old will be able to tolerate only 10-20 mg per day before developing the edgy side-effects, but I've never witnessed masculinizing side-effects at these low doses, nor have I ever seen excessive increases in testosterone in men or women. (Women can raise testosterone levels slightly, but almost never enough to exert much effect beyond modestly increased libido.)"

Nah, it's not likely to do that at such a low dose, barring a very specific circumstance. And it's been debunked as a test booster in low doses for a long time now. It just doesn't do it.

Really hate the respect I have for people in this community. Makes me buy tons of shit based on their opinions ;\

Picked up some DHEA and going to try it out =)

Tell me about it.

And really, tell me about it, how the supplement affects you. my interest is piqued.

As the real deal DHEA is banned where im from i cannot say, but the version sold that is basically yam extract or something is useless and has no documented effects other than a slimmer wallet.

Back