Devon Larrat replaces Eddie Hall. Will fight Thor Sept. 18

Volador

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://barbend.com/arm-wrestler-devon-larratt-replaces-eddie-hall-boxing-hafthor-bjornsson/

Kinda bizarre turn of events. Doesn't have much to do with anything, but since there were some threads about the Eddie Hall vs Thor shitshow/fight, I thought I'd throw this in.

Apparently Larrat will live and train at Tristar with Firas until the fight.

From article:

The undercard for the bout will feature CrossFit Games veterans Josh Bridges vs. Jacob Heppner and powerlifter Stefi Cohen vs. Avril Mathie.

Last edited:
At first I thought this was a real funny replacement. But the more I thought about it, considering Larratts prep time and other factors, I realized this fight has just been downgraded to an exhibition bout. No way either guy will go hard on his opponent.

Does Larrat know how to fight? Isn't he Canadian special forces or something?

If Thor gets beat up here it'll probably remove any interest in him fighting Hall.

Devons tough as nails, but boxing is a different animal
any striking sport is
He's done 'combatives' and judo....... but again, it's a different animal
And Thor has already been training diligently for months

With that said, can't count out someone who's being coached by firaz
Devon also has a high IQ in athletics

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens, to say the least

Seems completely crazy to me, and not in a good way. Devon said that he's never boxed before and he has 4-5 weeks to get ready. He can't even extend his arms ffs.

I'm most keen to see Stephi Cohen fight. She's been training incredibly well, I've been following her for years and seeing the transformation is wild.
Yes, Stefi Cohen actually looks like she has boxing technique, I was pleasantly surprised. She fought already earlier in the year too.

Seems completely crazy to me, and not in a good way. Devon said that he's never boxed before and he has 4-5 weeks to get ready. He can't even extend his arms ffs.

Lol, I feel like he's gonna be limited to short hooks and uppercuts.

Some Devon shadowboxing footage just dropped.

He does not look terrible but he does not really like great IMO. Props to him taking the fight on five weeks notice, but Mountain has such a huge head start on him. I also wonder how snappy those punches can be considering he can not straighten his arms.

Some Devon shadowboxing footage just dropped.

He does not look terrible but he does not really like great IMO. Props to him taking the fight on five weeks notice, but Mountain has such a huge head start on him. I also wonder how snappy those punches can be considering he can not straighten his arms.

Lol at this guy commentating in the video.

Here's some video of Devon sparring:

Anyway, he looks better than I thought he would at this stage. Better than Thor did in months of training. Still doesn't look great though and can't extend his arms, which was to be expected, and I don't think it'll be enough. I hope they had guys actually imitate Thor's style.

Lol at this guy commentating in the video.

Here's some video of Devon sparring:

Anyway, he looks better than I thought he would at this stage. Better than Thor did in months of training. Still doesn't look great though and can't extend his arms, which was to be expected, and I don't think it'll be enough. I hope they had guys actually imitate Thor's style.

Just made a thread on this with the sparring footage.

I agree too. For a near 50 year old man who just picked up boxing three weeks ago, he does not look that bad. However, there some expectations that Devon was like a legit polished fighter as he did Judo since he was 6, taught MMA in the military, and apparently has done alot of other hand to hand combat. What I saw here looked like a relatively tough and in shape 45 year old who just started boxing, who's arms are so warped he can not eve throw a jab - having this malformity is probably the worst thing that could possibly happen to a boxer too.

Thor has gotten more and more polished and has ever conceivable advantage. I have too think the end result is going to be ugly, and Devon's toughness could get him in trouble. Thor already went the distance with two pros and did not look that bad.

Back