Devon "Alexander the Great"20(13)-0 vs Andriy Kotelnik31(13)-3-1 this weekend

this card snuck up on me.

Devon is a really talented guy and Kotelnik is a great opponent for him (tough, smart, skilled vet on the downside and lacking pop). I think that this probably looks a lot like the Khan-Kotelnik fight.
[snip]QUOTE]

I don't think it will look the same. Kotelnik can counter very well but Khan was too quick for him and he got completely shut out. He'll have more opportunities against Alexander who also is slower than Khan. But Kotelnik will have trouble to win rounds on the scorecards with his lack of power.

I don't think it will look the same. Kotelnik can counter very well but Khan was too quick for him and he got completely shut out. He'll have more opportunities against Alexander who also is slower than Khan. But Kotelnik will have trouble to win rounds on the scorecards with his lack of power.

IMHO, Devon's a little slower than Khan, but has twice the pop, and hasn't yet been dented (or KTFO as the case may be).

He's still much quicker than Kotelnik, though, so, although it will be a very different fight stylistically, the outcome is going to be similar. Kotelnik-L (I think Devon gets him out of there around the 5-7th rounds but if it's closer than I expect, I'd enjoy seeing Alexander tested too).

Whoo-wee. Three title fights, a super star prospect in Alexander, and a rising star in Cloud, both in tough fights, with Cory Spinks defending his belt on the untelevised undercard in front of his hometown. Don King can still put on a show.

Going to watch 117, but Im still looking out for this.

Alexander and Cloud by UD

weight-2.jpg

Cloud looks in awesome shape

weight-4.jpg

weight-5.jpg

Cloud looks mean as hell man. hah.

I can't wait, Very good card imo. I'm watching it over 117, I think it's worth it.

I think Devon Alexander will win a decision.

Anybody see the odds on this fight. They had Devon a 10-1 favored to win the other day.

Holy shit, I can't believe that happened lol.

I wish they had televised it.

I know, now I wished they had shown that fight. I hope we get to see a replay of the stoppage.

Very good first rd. Johnson and Cloud came to fight hard.

Also, can anyone see how crowded it is? I don't see many people in the upper bowl. Just wondering if Devon can sellout in his hometown.

Back