Devil's advocate: Jones shouldn't have been DQ'ed in Hamill fight

Ok...but the rule references 12 to 6 motion or straight down...so regardless of the reason it doesnt apply to said GIF ..is my point

Also 12 -6 elbows are dangerous they should be banned..all other elbows are fair game in my book...they dont impact the same when thrown on angles
Oh really!?
And of course you can explain how the 11-5 elbow hasn't the same impact as the 12-6.
Probably gravity makes the last much more powerful?!
<36>
Don't be ridiculous.

Hammil was done before the elbows.

Jones should have been awarded the victory, as it was a legal move that did the fight ending damage.

Likely, but impossible to prove. I'd say it should have been a NC. The problem with giving the fight to Jones is that fighters will then have an incentive to throw illegal strikes (eye pokes etc) during a flurry, knowing that often its pretty hard to tell exactly which of multiple blows ended the fight. Making it a NC when an illegal strike is done in a flurry takes away that incentive (ie makes fighters cautious about throwing illegal strikes, which is what is supposed to happen).

It was a blessing in disguise. Matt was about to fuck him up ...

Oh really!?
And of course you can explain how the 11-5 elbow hasn't the same impact as the 12-6.
Probably gravity makes the last much more powerful?!
<36>
Don't be ridiculous.

Its about point of impact dumbass

A 12 to 6 elbows concentrates the attackers force directly on the point of the elbow..this can depress skulls like a ball pin hammer would if trained properly and thrown hard enough..it can break orbital bones with ease from mount

Every other elbows strike doesn't land as clean..inchs matter when talking impact most other elbows land with abit of forearm or back of the elbow and back of the arm involved .. Not as clean..

Try training first before talking ...

Its about point of impact dumbass

A 12 to 6 elbows concentrates the attackers force directly on the point of the elbow..this can depress skulls like a ball pin hammer would if trained properly and thrown hard enough..it can break orbital bones with ease from mount

Every other elbows strike doesn't land as clean..inchs matter when talking impact most other elbows land with abit of forearm or back of the elbow and back of the arm involved .. Not as clean..

Try training first before talking ...
You are an idiot. But I guess you already knew it in school.
Hand is attached to the body. 12 to 6 impact is calculated from the body position. If the elbow strike goes parallel to the body - it is 12-6. And it doesn't matter what angle your body has!

Travis's elbow movement is parallel to his angled body.
It would be the same fucking movement if his body was perpendicular to the ground, you dumbfuck.
Travis-Browne-KOs-Josh-Barnett-in-the-1st-of-UFC-168.gif

You are an idiot. But I guess you already knew it in school.
Hand is attached to the body. 12 to 6 impact is calculated from the body position. If the elbow strike goes parallel to the body - it is 12-6. And it doesn't matter what angle your body has!

Travis's elbow movement is parallel to his angled body.
It would be the same fucking movement if his body was perpendicular to the ground, you dumbfuck.
Travis-Browne-KOs-Josh-Barnett-in-the-1st-of-UFC-168.gif

What your arguing isnt about why the 12 to 6 is illegal...you asked what the difference was between an 11 to 5 and a 12 to 6...which ive shown you ...

Brownes body isnt really parallel actually , his hips/legs are still in a sprawled position ..his hips are facing partially out if he was parallel to his hips would inline with his shoulders with feet together..but i mean hes tall as shit and can generate power from anywhere..

Again go train before you speak.. The rules are there for a reason

What your arguing isnt about why the 12 to 6 is illegal...you asked what the difference was between an 11 to 5 and a 12 to 6...which ive shown you ...
Are you telling me now, what i meant?! lol
Brownes body isnt really parallel actually , his hips/legs are still in a sprawled position ..his hips are facing partially out if he was parallel to his hips would inline with his shoulders with feet together..but i mean hes tall as shit and can generate power from anywhere..
What it has to do with his hips and legs?! His arm attached to his body, not his ass! The torque is generated by his arms and body. Jon Jones was sitting on Hamill when he was DQ'd. No way he generated more torque than Travis.
Again go train before you speak
Take some lessons in physics before you speak.
The rules are there for a reason
Some rules are made by idiots with power and you should be idiot too, if you never question rules that you must follow.

i'd wonder how many people here that agree with the Jones DQ... would also be ok with Conor getting DQ'd for his fouls against khabib.
Or DC getting away with eye pokes in the first Miocic fight
Or DC leaning on the towel at weigh ins

But Hammill clearly grabbed his shoulder and said something,nothing to do with the elbows and the fight should most def have been stopped "MINUTES" before.

Are you telling me now, what i meant?! lol

What it has to do with his hips and legs?! His arm attached to his body, not his ass! The torque is generated by his arms and body. Jon Jones was sitting on Hamill when he was DQ'd. No way he generated more torque than Travis.

Take some lessons in physics before you speak.

Some rules are made by idiots with power and you should be idiot too, if you never question rules that you must follow.

Your a punk kid whos probably never been in a fight in their life...

Ive been training and competing in martial arts since i was 16 im 29 now...looking to compete in my first MMA fight this year

Legs and hips have everything to do with power when striking while standing fool... standing parallel refers to the whole body not just what you want to mean ..being in full mount position gives you full range of motion to smash down on your opponent you can absolutely generate some big force from mount..you sound dumb bringing up physics yet dont understand the dangers of full mount

Go read your other post ...you try and joke about 11 -5 elbows being no different then 12-6 ..but there completely different

Your a punk kid whos probably never been in a fight in their life...
Could be, or is it you who is too stupid to argue.
Ive been training and competing in martial arts since i was 16 im 29 now...looking to compete in my first MMA fight this year
Good luck, you will need it! And don't forget to get your pink sherdog belt!
Legs and hips have everything to do with power when striking while standing fool... standing parallel refers to the whole body not just what you want to mean ..being in full mount position gives you full range of motion to smash down on your opponent you can absolutely generate some big force from mount..you sound dumb bringing up physics yet dont understand the dangers of full mount
That is probably why Josh Barnett got KO'd after one strike. Get your facts straight, son.
Go read your other post ...you try and joke about 11 -5 elbows being no different then 12-6 ..but there completely different
So different, that you can't explain it for the past couple of hours.
<mma3>

It happened. You, Rogan. And the UFC need to come to grips with it and move on.

Could be, or is it you who is too stupid to argue.

Good luck, you will need it! And don't forget to get your pink sherdog belt!

That is probably why Josh Barnett got KO'd after one strike. Get your facts straight, son.

So different, that you can't explain it for the past couple of hours.
<mma3>

How about this Anytime ..anywhere.. you want to personally feel each elbow type and report back which one hurt more id be glad to help you out as the elbower bud..

Some people only learn through experiencing you strike me as that kind of guy.. The type that runs their mouth then get dropped for talking shit to wrong person then never talk smack again..sound accurate?

I agree. The guy gets dq’d for 12/6 elbows but gets a lifetime fast pass for USADA.

If he can't continue to fight due to an intentional foul then it's a DQ.

Noone considers it a real loss anyway.

I have to disagree. Hammil is from the area so I am obviously not biased. He lured Jones in and was crushing Jon's elbow with his skull. He was about to sweep Bones and turn it into a gogoplata. I'm really not sure how you can't see that.
<DisgustingHHH>

How about this Anytime ..anywhere.. you want to personally feel each elbow type and report back which one hurt more id be glad to help you out as the elbower bud..

Some people only learn through experiencing you strike me as that kind of guy.. The type that runs their mouth then get dropped for talking shit to wrong person then never talk smack again..sound accurate?
No problem, bitch, any time you want to come to Syria, Al Qusayr, I'll be waiting! How about tomorrow?!

Imagine if Wilder was aloud to GNP Fury after those knock out punches … oh wait its against the rules.

Timeline of events:

1. Jones elbows Hamill 12/6
2. Referee stops the action, takes 1 point(!!) from Jones
3. Hamill is on the mat, eyes covered in blood
4. Referee ASKS Hamill if he can continue
5. Hamill is deaf and cannot see referee's lips, thus doesn't say anything
6. Referee considers Hamill unable to continue the fight and stops the action.
Come on dude. Hamill was clearly unable to continue. Jones used blatantly illegal 12-6 elbows.

The fact that you're admitting that Hamill could not see PROVES that he could not continue. You want the guy to keep fighting when he cannot see??? Do you see the flaw in your logic there?

Also this is part of the rules: if the fighter cannot respond to the referee, then by definition they cannot continue the fight.

Back