Detroit - Google Street View 2008 vs. 2013

delta-city.png

image.jpg

You could be the greatest slumlord that ever lived. Collecting rent in toothless blowjobs. And that's just from the male tennants.

Those are the best kind. Why would you want to feel teeth on a beej?

Strange how many houses just vanish. I have a few shit holes on my block that I wish would dissappear.

This reminds me of that show that used to be on National Geographic called 'Life after People.' It went into detail about how if the human race became extinct, the earth would sort of "right the ship" without having us there to fuck things up.

Only difference is, this is a 5 year period of time. LOL

From a tactical training environment standpoint parts of Detroit would make an awesome M.O.U.T site. seriously, we have an emergency manager now, he has the power to make deals with our creditors. they're even considering selling off some Picasso's at the the Detroit institute of arts Detroit will be back

buy buy buy buy

seriously, now is the time, it's pennies an ACRE

Detroit will be a whole new city in 10 years, where them acres you bought are now worth 100's of bucks an acre, on the pennies you spent

if I lived in the MW I'd for sure buy in Detroit, art and culture will take hold, bet on that

I've been considering that for a while. Buy a couple of acres and wait/hope that Detroit will know a boom again and then sell. At worst i don't lose much at all. At best i make a shitload of money if things ever pan out again.

houses are going for back taxes, yea,you give the bank all the back taxes, you own that bitch, be sure to get one with a HUGE yard

granted there is nothing to scrap, but hire folks in the neighborhood to tare it down, they can keep what they want and then donate the rest to the junkyard

sit on that shit

seriously, wait 10 years, sell that empty lot or develop it into condos, turn a few thousand into your retirement

um,you can't ask for much more, and Detroit just needs more folks willing to do that, and then the smart will get a big high five

Most of the shithole abandoned houses that need torn down are going through tax sale. You are going to get a tax sale deed which isn't going to extinguish the interest of the previous owner, any lienholder, or anyone else with interest in the property from a title insurance perspective. You won't have marketable title, at least not with a quiet title proceeding. Most underwriters require personal service on each interested party in the quiet title proceeding to have marketable title. Good luck with that, and I also imagine the underwriters will be very cautious if it's anticipated for the land to increase in value. That equals extra risk for the underwriters, and tax sales already have way too many claims.

I work in and around the detroit area every day. Its a real shithole, you would have to be a moron to buy a house or property anywhere but in the downtown area

They should just vacate the city and only use it for filming movies.

While Detroit might stage a comeback, ten years is not at all realistic. It will have to get much worse to get the undesireable elements out of the area. You wouldn't even be able to build anything as any materials would be stolen. I was talking to a guy from Detroit who played tight end for the local semi-pro team and he said he wouldn't even go back for a visit.

Back