Detroit - Google Street View 2008 vs. 2013

what GTA is this?

Seriously though, those pictures are comparatively nice.

Detroit is fucking grimy, man.

In 2000 a friend and I flew to Detroit (from WI) to watch Tyson fight Golota in Auburn Hills. We drove (rental) around Detroit's downtown a little bit....
I have never seen so many mattresses left on roads and interstates before.

Looks like nature is taking over. Guess white folk call that deteriorating.

the stories of the abandoned dogs rages my feels.

I told y'all the trees were taking over.

Take a look at East St. Louis on google street view. Wonder who drove through there to snap those pics.

buy buy buy buy

seriously, now is the time, it's pennies an ACRE

Detroit will be a whole new city in 10 years, where them acres you bought are now worth 100's of bucks an acre, on the pennies you spent

if I lived in the MW I'd for sure buy in Detroit, art and culture will take hold, bet on that

image.png

buy buy buy buy

Detroit will be a whole new city in 10 years, where them acres you bought are now worth 100's of bucks an acre, on the pennies you spent

if I lived in the MW I'd for sure buy in Detroit, art and culture will take hold, bet on that

WHERE? WHERE? WHERE?

seriously, I want to buy Detroit land.

buy buy buy buy

And I've heard that the property tax on that real estate that you think you can just snatch up and sit on is ridiculous. As in you're basically paying more than what it's worth a month or whatever because no one else in the area is paying theirs.

houses are going for back taxes, yea,you give the bank all the back taxes, you own that bitch, be sure to get one with a HUGE yard

granted there is nothing to scrap, but hire folks in the neighborhood to tare it down, they can keep what they want and then donate the rest to the junkyard

sit on that shit

seriously, wait 10 years, sell that empty lot or develop it into condos, turn a few thousand into your retirement

um,you can't ask for much more, and Detroit just needs more folks willing to do that, and then the smart will get a big high five

houses are going for back taxes, yea,you give the bank all the back taxes, you own that bitch, be sure to get one with a HUGE yard

granted there is nothing to scrap, but hire folks in the neighborhood to tare it down, they can keep what they want and then donate the rest to the junkyard

sit on that shit

seriously, wait 10 years, sell that empty lot or develop it into condos, turn a few thousand into your retirement

um,you can't ask for much more, and Detroit just needs more folks willing to do that, and then the smart will get a big high five

Gracias, BroClaudio

Im gonna look into it.

Gracias, BroClaudio

Im gonna look into it.

This was covered in another thread about 8 months ago(?) and I'm not going to try to find it [lots of Detroit thunderdome threads], but someone who does real estate did an online check to see if this was true and found out the property taxes you pay on a $1 house (or $100 house, etc.) is still the same as it would be when it WAS full price (pre-appocalypse Detroit). Which is really high for an actual home, let alone the condemned crackhouse you would be receiving in the bargain. Hope it's worth it to you

Talk to Rex Kwon Do for details (I think he's the poster who broke it all down).

This was covered in another thread about 8 months ago(?) and I'm not going to try to find it [lots of Detroit thunderdome threads], but someone who does real estate did an online check to see if this was true and found out the property taxes you pay on a $1 house (or $100 house, etc.) is still the same as it would be when it WAS full price (pre-appocalypse Detroit). Which is really high for an actual home, let alone the condemned crackhouse you would be receiving in the bargain. Hope it's worth it to you

Talk to Rex Kwon Do for details (I think he's the poster who broke it all down).

yea, spending $20,000 on acreage that 10 years in the future could net you 2.5 million is a seriously bad investment

granted no investment is guaranteed, but look at Detroit, it will come back, and there are tons of blocks for sale

FFS, I'm a stoner, not even an investment broker, and I'm looking at buying a few neighborhoods, even just texted my dad about buying a bunch of Detroit neighborhoods

even a 1000X's return on your investment would be small in 10 years, maybe a 1,000,000 X's.....who knows, but I wanna find out

yea, spending $20,000 on acreage that 10 years in the future could net you 2.5 million is a seriously bad investment

granted no investment is guaranteed, but look at Detroit, it will come back, and there are tons of blocks for sale

FFS, I'm a stoner, not even an investment broker, and I'm looking at buying a few neighborhoods, even just texted my dad about buying a bunch of Detroit neighborhoods

even a 1000X's return on your investment would be small in 10 years, maybe a 1,000,000 X's.....who knows, but I wanna find out

You really think it will only take 10 years to completely reverse the desolation that has happened there?

I think it's still possible, but only if you knew of some otherworldly program or investment by a foreign country or an entire industry being implemented there very soon.

I haven't heard of anything other than some hipsters moving there, which is generally good, but isn't going to turn the whole situation around any time soon imo. Detroit is broke as hell, can't even pay for it's own municipal systems, and that isn't close to changing from what anyone has seen, only getting worse

Back