Determining my fight weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prender

White Belt
Reaction score
I have recently started training and i am really enjoying it thus far, i am interested to work out what my ideal fight weight would be, i understand that there are several factors to take into consideration so here is a quick snapshot.

6ft 2in
Just weighed myself and i was 206 lbs, i have a little body fat but i have a fairly lean build. i am 19 years old and have dropped a little muscle mass due to stopping weight training around 8 months ago due to an injury, i aim to regain that muscle mass.

The way i was going to do it was a trial 4 week mini camp, would anyone recomend this as a good idea and what weight should i aim for, 185? 170?

Any tips would be appreciated :D

Have you cut weight before? Can you make 185 without cutting water? At the amateur level cardio is more important than just about anything else. I'd say cut no or very little water weight for your first few fights. My trainers recommend the same.

Have you cut weight before? Can you make 185 without cutting water? At the amateur level cardio is more important than just about anything else. I'd say cut no or very little water weight for your first few fights. My trainers recommend the same.

I dont know if i could make 185 without cutting water, one thing that sticks out in my mind is when i started weight training when i was 15-16 i walked around at 185 and i was very lean, i have bulked up a lot since then, im 3 inches taller and broader, i guess im just going to have to test it out and see what i can get down to

D&S is about the "how." Deciding what weight to fight at is dependent on factors mostly outside of what you eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back