Details of Iran’s Future Imports of Russian Arms Leaked to Media

His support was wainjng out of fear of communism taking over (godlessness), but the coup's purpose wasn't to save Jran from the Sobiets, it was to out their own puppet regime in place to help BP. And then the results; SAVAK and a venal monarch couples with the US blind eye/ ignorance of the situation lead to further missteps in our relationship.

Everything stems from the coup.

Mossadegh was appointed by the Shah. The Shah ordered him to abdicate his power and Mossadegh had his guards arrested. if anything Mossadegh tried to execute a coup and it failed.

And his support was waining in Iran because their economy was in shambles because they nationalized BP assets without compensation. The US tried to mediate compensation between Iran and BP but Mossadegh refused to negotiate.

Mossadegh was appointed by the Shah. The Shah ordered him to abdicate his power and Mossadegh had his guards arrested. if anything Mossadegh tried to execute a coup and it failed.

And his support was waining in Iran because their economy was in shambles because they nationalized BP assets without compensation. The US tried to mediate compensation between Iran and BP but Mossadegh refused to negotiate.

Which is why the CIA were involved and we denied involvement for 40 years.

What's your point?
He was democratically elected. If his ideas were so abhorrent to the people he could have been voted out of office. Instead he was arrested and spent his remaining years under house arrest. He was even buries in his home.

lol so saudi arabia?

And you do understand we fucked that relationship up with iran, not the other way around? lol

I don't give a shit, to be honest. The point is they're the enemy now. They can kiss the American ring or face the wrath. Welcome to the shrewd world of geopolitics.

Will they continue to engage in anti-American propaganda meant to instill hatred in their (rather large) population and continue to fund terrorists meant to undermine US interests? Cool. You're the enemy, then. No use crying over ancient history, who started what, etc. All that matters is this is the reality of things now, in 2016.

Rod1 said:
Yes, the secular Turkey that its arming the secular rebels that are totally not jihadists.

Are you John McCain?

Are you telling me Turkey is not a perfect country and has done good and bad things? Shocking news, I was unaware. Next you're going to tell me the US, UK, Japan, etc. have all done some fucked up stuff in the past. I guess we should sever our close relations because god knows you should make long-term alliances based on that.

Turkey is a secular (fairly) democratic country. In the Middle East, that's a good thing. That means they're going to elect leaders that are sometimes one way, sometimes another. That's how it goes in a country where leaders are democratically elected and reflect the changing moods of the populace. While it's less stable in the short-term than places run by dictators, I'll ally myself with democratic countries like that over the dictatorships all day because in the long-run they're better diplomatic investments.

inbe4 someone brings up that Iran has a "democratically elected" President as if their government isn't completely incestuous and requires the approval of non-democratically appointed Islamofascists

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

America has "chosen" the Shia and are washing their hands of the Sauds.

He was democratically elected. If his ideas were so abhorrent to the people he could have been voted out of office. Instead he was arrested and spent his remaining years under house arrest. He was even buries in his home.

It's hard to be democratically elected when you're not in a democracy

On 28 April 1951, the Shah appointed Mossadegh as Prime Minister after the Majlis (Parliament of Iran) nominated Mosaddegh by a vote of 79–12.

He was nominated by the legislature and confirmed by the Shah.

Later when his popularity waned he dissolved the legislature making himself a de facto Dictator.

When the Shah LEGALLY signed a decree dismissing him he had his guards arrested.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/middle-east/2014-06-16/what-really-happened-iran

I don't give a shit, to be honest. The point is they're the enemy now. They can kiss the American ring or face the wrath. Welcome to the shrewd world of geopolitics.

Will they continue to engage in anti-American propaganda meant to instill hatred in their (rather large) population and continue to fund terrorists meant to undermine US interests? Cool. You're the enemy, then. No use crying over ancient history, who started what, etc. All that matters is this is the reality of things now, in 2016.

Are you telling me Turkey is not a perfect country and has done good and bad things? Shocking news, I was unaware. Next you're going to tell me the US, UK, Japan, etc. have all done some fucked up stuff in the past. I guess we should sever our close relations because god knows you should make long-term alliances based on that.

Turkey is a secular (fairly) democratic country. In the Middle East, that's a good thing. That means they're going to elect leaders that are sometimes one way, sometimes another. That's how it goes in a country where leaders are democratically elected and reflect the changing moods of the populace. While it's less stable in the short-term than places run by dictators, I'll ally myself with democratic countries like that over the dictatorships all day because in the long-run they're better diplomatic investments.

inbe4 someone brings up that Iran has a "democratically elected" President as if their government isn't completely incestuous and requires the approval of non-democratically appointed Islamofascists

You cant possibly call Turkey a democracy at this point, a country that jails a blogger because it criticized the president and who jails a journalist for revealing that the government is arming jihadis doesnt gets to call itself a democracy.

And despite all of Iranians flaw, that country when compared to Saudi Arabia is like a bastion of freedom. Would rather live in Iran than Saudi Arabia all day long.

And dont blame the Russians for trying to make a buck when your own country sold Saudi Arabia cluster munitions that its dropping in civilian areas.

The reason why i like Iran more than Saudi Arabia is because they can be reasoned with, their proxies are not wild beasts that cant be controlled.

You cant possibly call Turkey a democracy at this point, a country that jails a blogger because it criticized the president and who jails a journalist for revealing that the government is arming jihadis doesnt gets to call itself a democracy.

And despite all of Iranians flaw, that country when compared to Saudi Arabia is like a bastion of freedom. Would rather live in Iran than Saudi Arabia all day long.

And dont blame the Russians for trying to make a buck when your own country sold Saudi Arabia cluster munitions that its dropping in civilian areas.

The reason why i like Iran more than Saudi Arabia is because they can be reasoned with, their proxies are not wild beasts that cant be controlled.

Democracy is a spectrum. Turkey is more democratic and its government more publicly accountable than Iran. No serious person could possibly argue otherwise. Turkey is not perfect and may be moving in the wrong direction, but I have much more faith that the combination of their secular institutions and voting populace will be able to move things in the right direction than I do have faith about Iran doing similarly.

I never mentioned or made an implication about KSA, just Turkey. They suck, too, but I don't see a viable better alternative to their current regime so it is what it is. As long as they continue to strike some sort of acceptable balance between fuckery and furthering our interests, so be it.

I don't blame the Russians--every nation has to look out for number one first and foremost--but that doesn't mean I have to wish them success. Not when they're a geopolitical foe and getting more and more distant by the day.

It's hard to be democratically elected when you're not in a democracy

He was nominated by the legislature and confirmed by the Shah.

Later when his popularity waned he dissolved the legislature making himself a de facto Dictator.

When the Shah LEGALLY signed a decree dismissing him he had his guards arrested.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/middle-east/2014-06-16/what-really-happened-iran
The Shah had little power in Iran at that time and Moss was elected by the Majils.

Moss did start to lose it a bit toward the end of his short reign, but that was most likely due to the economic pressure secondary to Iranian engineers not being able to leverage the oil as well as the British. This was essentially a 3rd world country at this point.

The Shah had little power in Iran at that time and Moss was elected by the Majils.

Moss did start to lose it a bit toward the end of his short reign, but that was most likely due to the economic pressure secondary to Iranian engineers not being able to leverage the oil as well as the British. This was essentially a 3rd world country at this point.

I think the British trade embargo was the biggest factor on their poor economy.

Turkey is going in the wrong direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iran ends up outshining Turkey. The real problem that Turkey has is that its democracy leads to further deterioration towards an islamist backwater, whilst democracy in Iran would arguably lead to progressive reform.

Democracy is a spectrum. Turkey is more democratic and its government more publicly accountable than Iran. No serious person could possibly argue otherwise. Turkey is not perfect and may be moving in the wrong direction, but I have much more faith that the combination of their secular institutions and voting populace will be able to move things in the right direction than I do have faith about Iran doing similarly.

I never mentioned or made an implication about KSA, just Turkey. They suck, too, but I don't see a viable better alternative to their current regime so it is what it is. As long as they continue to strike some sort of acceptable balance between fuckery and furthering our interests, so be it.

I don't blame the Russians--every nation has to look out for number one first and foremost--but that doesn't mean I have to wish them success. Not when they're a geopolitical foe and getting more and more distant by the day.

I would take a democratic society under a theocratic rule than a theocratic society under a democratic rule.

The issue is that Iranians as a people are far less radicalized than the bulk of Turkish voters that give legitimacy to the rule of Erdogan.

And as your geopolitical mumbo-jumbo, the reason they are buying Russian is because the US wont let anybody else sell to them, im pretty sure that Iran can be swayed.

Im not seeing the actual issue here. They bought some weapons. Its a country in the middle east sharing a border with Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. I would want weapons too.

Great for them.

They have a right to defend them selves and procure modern weapon platforms to do so. A strong Iran can be a good thong for the ME as long as turdMurica does not fuck things up. Iranians are probably the only Muslims iv met who are more common sense and logic then islam in their mind. Its Muricas stupidity and incompetence that pushed them to the hard islamic side. A decade of economic prosperity and they will be shedding hard islam to a more 70s type Iran.

S400 and Su-30SM are a hell of a combo, Jews are probably ass fucking Obama over the phone each and every day.

Someone went full retard

why do americans care what equiptment Iran buys? shouldn't you be worried about Saudi Arabia that has attacked the US twice in the last 15years?

why do americans care what equiptment Iran buys? shouldn't you be worried about Saudi Arabia that has attacked the US twice in the last 15years?

lol wtf is wrong with you.

Would you not care if you are selling guns and the fucks are buying from your competitor lol

Back