Destroyed Hands from Sparring

Well, my solution in class yesterday was simple, takedown and submit, something I probably should have been doing all along anyway since I have the best JJ at the school.

I will let you guys know once I get the gloves from Ron after New Years.

Take 3 or 4 strips of tape and put them scross the upper portion, the middle and then the lower portion (closest to your fingers) underneath your wraps. IT helps reduce the friction.

Also you can't really punch full force with MMA gloves unless you use gauze and tape. Your knuckles will almost always rip.

And like everyone else said. Get sparring gloves. Quano's are made for fighting. How did you even have room for wraps under them?

Not really, although I can squeeze into them with wraps on if I get some help.

I will be getting the PrimeTimes...hopefully that will work better. Until then, I am going to work on my takedowns and JJ. So much more elegant that punching someone in the face.

Wow Ron, is there a major brand you do not stock?

This is very impressive.

scorcho said:
Wow Ron, is there a major brand you do not stock?

This is very impressive.

Sprawl but I'm working on it. I'm gonna be the Target of the fight world without carrying any Brazilian products (what's up with that?).

www.SSFgear.com

You got something against Brazilians Ron?

Let's get the Japanese gear coming (Inspirit). J/K - I know you are doing your best.

scorcho said:
You got something against Brazilians Ron?

Let's get the Japanese gear coming (Inspirit). J/K - I know you are doing your best.

He doesn't love us anymore.. :icon_cry2

But we will make him to break the ice..

Cheers

Ice the knuckles and take advil. Get some shooto gloves, I have the fairtex ones and I never hurt my hands.

Back