Destiny, v10: Are we ready for some new content yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just server issues or something.

Yeah, we breezed through a fresh run last night with only a few wipes at totems. We had 3 randoms with us so that was a bit of a challenge, but it was still fun. All of us got stiffed pretty bad though... full fresh hard mode run and I got nothing but shards and a shitty roll on the shotgun, along with 305 boots.

You're surprised? One of the reasons I haven't played in so long...

You're surprised? One of the reasons I haven't played in so long...

Haha, fair enough. That's the worst hard mode run I've ever had, in terms of rewards. I did forget that I got a 320 chest piece for the challenge mode because we did all of the challenges on Tuesday night. The rewards for the last Iron Banner weren't too shabby... my entire team walked away with quite a few armor pieces, as well as multiple sniper rifles.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44472/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---03172016

Alright! April 12 we're getting new content! Check out the link... they have a really cool picture which appears to show taken guardians. Not sure that's what they were going for, but that's certainly how it looks.

"From here onward, we’ll refer to it as the “April Update.” As promised, it will have something for every type of Guardian. Here are some of the highlights to look forward to:
  • New PVE Challenges
  • New and Updated Gear
  • New Quest featuring the Blighted Chalice Strike
  • Increased Max Light and Rewards
  • Sandbox and Crucible Updates
  • And more…"
header_frontpage_1.jpg

Not a DLC... as long as you have already purchased Taken King this content will be free. I'm excited!

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/44472/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---03172016

Alright! April 12 we're getting new content! Check out the link... they have a really cool picture which appears to show taken guardians. Not sure that's what they were going for, but that's certainly how it looks.

"From here onward, we’ll refer to it as the “April Update.” As promised, it will have something for every type of Guardian. Here are some of the highlights to look forward to:
  • New PVE Challenges
  • New and Updated Gear
  • New Quest featuring the Blighted Chalice Strike
  • Increased Max Light and Rewards
  • Sandbox and Crucible Updates
  • And more…"
header_frontpage_1.jpg

Not a DLC... as long as you have already purchased Taken King this content will be free. I'm excited!
Same day Dark Souls 3 is released. Damn you Bungie, how am I supposed to play two games at once.

good news. destiny has sort of ruined other games for me. it's weird.

Wow, looking at Planet Destiny, reddit (DestinyTheGame), and the Bungie forums there is some SERIOUS GOD DAMNED speculation about what's going on here in April. haha It certainly looks like we're going back into a Taken version of Prison of Elders... not 100% sure, but the gear we're seeing in the picture is all PoE and it makes sense that they would re-use the arena for an update. Others are talking that what we're seeing might, just might, be a Taken Subclass, rather than just Taken shaders. That would be awesome... I mean, our guardians are already ascendant hive, and our swords have the crystal which Oryx used to "take" others, so why not?

Lots of excitement going around, but since this isn't an actual DLC, but rather an update, precedent has already been set that engrams received now have the ability to draw from the loot table after the update. So if you're bored with the current loot table it might be wise to start filling up your vault with legendary/exotic engrams and encrypt them after the update hits. Last time we had a big update when they released the 2nd round of exotics in year 2 the old engrams were able to pull from the new loot table, so odds are this will be the same. I haven't decrypted an exotic engram in a few months... my armor vault is already 50% just exotic engrams. haha

The guys from Planet Destiny also made a good observation that some of the weapon archetypes we have now might not be available in the future... specifically 1000 Yard Stare archetype... very high impact sniper capable of resurrection-sniping. Who knows for sure, but just like high-range shotguns from the past, this archetype has a high chance of disappearing. But unlike the past, the infusion system won't be so easy to side-step by Bungie, so we'll probably be able to just keep on infusing current weapons. So it might be wise to do some grinding and try and get your hands on a decent roll and hold onto that weapon like there's no tomorrow.

*My entire post is conjecture on my part. : )

So I finally made the move to start looking into Trials for more serious play, rather than just casual for bounties. Doing ok so far, and was a bit better than I thought I'd be.

I figure to really consistently get to the lighthouse, I just need to find a regular team and build skill together. Everyone I know how goes to the lighthouse regularly, plays with a regular set of teammates. So if anyones down for trying to put together something regular for Trials on XboxOne, I'm down. Cheers.

So I finally made the move to start looking into Trials for more serious play, rather than just casual for bounties. Doing ok so far, and was a bit better than I thought I'd be.

I figure to really consistently get to the lighthouse, I just need to find a regular team and build skill together. Everyone I know how goes to the lighthouse regularly, plays with a regular set of teammates. So if anyones down for trying to put together something regular for Trials on XboxOne, I'm down. Cheers.

Good luck buddy... Trials is difficult. I have a team and for the last month or so we have been giving it an honest effort. But when we get to about 4-5 wins the skill level of our opponents is often leaps and bounds above ours. Not to mention the weapons... most of these guys have adept Doctrines and they just destroy us at any and every range. We also run into full red-bar teams and there isn't much you can do against them.

Wow, looking at Planet Destiny, reddit (DestinyTheGame), and the Bungie forums there is some SERIOUS GOD DAMNED speculation about what's going on here in April. haha It certainly looks like we're going back into a Taken version of Prison of Elders... not 100% sure, but the gear we're seeing in the picture is all PoE and it makes sense that they would re-use the arena for an update. Others are talking that what we're seeing might, just might, be a Taken Subclass, rather than just Taken shaders. That would be awesome... I mean, our guardians are already ascendant hive, and our swords have the crystal which Oryx used to "take" others, so why not?

Lots of excitement going around, but since this isn't an actual DLC, but rather an update, precedent has already been set that engrams received now have the ability to draw from the loot table after the update. So if you're bored with the current loot table it might be wise to start filling up your vault with legendary/exotic engrams and encrypt them after the update hits. Last time we had a big update when they released the 2nd round of exotics in year 2 the old engrams were able to pull from the new loot table, so odds are this will be the same. I haven't decrypted an exotic engram in a few months... my armor vault is already 50% just exotic engrams. haha

The guys from Planet Destiny also made a good observation that some of the weapon archetypes we have now might not be available in the future... specifically 1000 Yard Stare archetype... very high impact sniper capable of resurrection-sniping. Who knows for sure, but just like high-range shotguns from the past, this archetype has a high chance of disappearing. But unlike the past, the infusion system won't be so easy to side-step by Bungie, so we'll probably be able to just keep on infusing current weapons. So it might be wise to do some grinding and try and get your hands on a decent roll and hold onto that weapon like there's no tomorrow.

*My entire post is conjecture on my part. : )
I had a few exotic, sublime, and legendary endgrams saved up but I couldn't resist and cashed them all in and 6 out of the 8 exotic special weapon ones turned into the 4th Horseman.

Good luck buddy... Trials is difficult. I have a team and for the last month or so we have been giving it an honest effort. But when we get to about 4-5 wins the skill level of our opponents is often leaps and bounds above ours. Not to mention the weapons... most of these guys have adept Doctrines and they just destroy us at any and every range. We also run into full red-bar teams and there isn't much you can do against them.

Yeah, the matchmaking is odd now that Bungie has switched to connectivity over KD/skill. Coming up against a lot of great teams early. Still, managed to make it 8-0 twice last night before losing out. One was against a shitty red-bar team, and the second was a heartbreaking 5-4 loss that ended with two of our guys in the zone and one of their corpses in the zone, with the win being awarded to that team.

It's just that for me, playing with randoms from LFG is always hit or miss. One of my "teammates," sounded like he was a 13-year old Scotsman. After any loss (probably went through 4 cards, trashing a card once we got a loss) he would invite the whole opposing team to party chat and just go full bore racist on them. Nothing like having some kid yell everything in the book and have the opposing team threatening to kill him, all while both parties screamed their best into my headset.

Yeah, the matchmaking is odd now that Bungie has switched to connectivity over KD/skill. Coming up against a lot of great teams early. Still, managed to make it 8-0 twice last night before losing out. One was against a shitty red-bar team, and the second was a heartbreaking 5-4 loss that ended with two of our guys in the zone and one of their corpses in the zone, with the win being awarded to that team.

It's just that for me, playing with randoms from LFG is always hit or miss. One of my "teammates," sounded like he was a 13-year old Scotsman. After any loss (probably went through 4 cards, trashing a card once we got a loss) he would invite the whole opposing team to party chat and just go full bore racist on them. Nothing like having some kid yell everything in the book and have the opposing team threatening to kill him, all while both parties screamed their best into my headset.

Going 8-0 is one hell of an accomplishment man, good stuff. I've seen a few videos showing the big problems with how the game decides which team wins during overtime. One it was a few self-res Warlocks who came back to life with about 10 seconds left and one guy from the other team shot them dead again... killing the entire enemy team, but they still lost. Apparently whoever is CLOSER to the center of the ring wins... so 3 dead people in the ring trumps 1 person living near the ring. Probably something which needs to be fine-tuned... sorry to hear you met such a shitty situation.

As for LFG, props to you again for doing so well with randoms. I can't handle kids.... it's just not worth playing with them for me. If I invite someone into my team and it sounds like their balls haven't dropped yet, it's an immediate boot. I have spent too many hours dealing with kids having hissy-fits, screaming and yelling, constant talking, and generally just being dicks to ever give another kid a chance. I can't even begin to explain the amount of hours I spent in Vault of Glass during year 1 dealing with rotten kids from LFG... the conflux's/oracles seemed to be the worst part.

Played my first round of pvp in about a month yesterday. It took over three minutes for it to find a single other player for a game of control. With No Land and my Jaberhakke I managed to scrape out a positive score after a rough start.

i hope these new PoE events have matchmaking

Nope, no matching. They said it in the video.

I know that will piss off a ton of people, but it looks like it's raid-tier gear and difficulty, so I don't have a problem with no matchmaking.

the no matchmaking is absurd. what is the point? some sort of mmo purity? it's flat out stupid.

the no matchmaking is absurd. what is the point? some sort of mmo purity? it's flat out stupid.

It's just Bungie's take on end-game content. It's not a big deal... highly recommend getting involved with the100.io
It really makes it easy to find a good team, and really every single player I've played with on there has been good to go. Matchmaking for something like this would just be annoying... you're better off finding people who fall more in line with your play style than just letting chance dictate your teammates.

i don't even know what my play style is,and it is a big deal. i just want to play the game, and people who don't like the matchmaking don't have to use it! CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back