Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always go fwc and I want that sidearm. I was torn and thought about the graviton lance catalyst, but am a creature of habit.
let me know how the sunshot turns out I went with DO due to the graviton lance but it's a tossup with FWC & NM next faction rally.

let me know how the sunshot turns out I went with DO due to the graviton lance but it's a tossup with FWC & NM next faction rally.

I've seen some videos and the Masterwork for Sunshot gives it an absolute FUCK-TON of stability and range. From looking at the videos (on console) it appears to seriously help the bullets actually go where the reticle is pointing.

I hope to have time to get it. Wedding and other lame shit really fucking with my video game time.

I hope to have time to get it. Wedding and other lame shit really fucking with my video game time.

Like always the hive-mind of Reddit has come up with some super fast ways of farming tokens.

Hope this helps if you're short on time.

I've been doing maybe 2 hours a day since Tuesday and I've got FWC to rank 34 (my own way, not doing what I've posted). If you can, log on daily and do the daily milestone for each character. Should take about 30 minutes and it's easy to do...each completion gives you 20 tokens, as well as the tokens for completing a Lost Sector with between 3-5 "renown."

If you happen to already have a full set of FWC (you're grinding for Sunshot, right?) armor your "renown" doubles for each activity, so completing a Heroic Public Event gives you 4.. much easier. Good luck and hope you can find the time...sleep be damned this week! haha

I already have the sunshot. I thought we all get it. What am I missing?
(I can't watch the video right now)

I already have the sunshot. I thought we all get it. What am I missing?
(I can't watch the video right now)

You've been out for a while, but now there's something called "Masterworks" for legendaries and exotics. For legendary weapons it is basically a +10 to a random stat, and it also creates a small orb when you get double-kills (which you can pick up). For exotics it gives a very heavy stat boost and it often will modify or enhance the exotic perk. For Sunshot it gives it a ton of range and stability, plus it increases the radius for the Sunshot explosion via head shot or crit-kill.

To convert a legendary weapon to a masterwork you just need to use masterwork shards (or whatever they're called), but for exotics you need to grab what's called the "catalyst" for each weapon. They drop randomly from doing certain things in the world, ie some are random when doing heroic strikes, others in the crucible, and so on. The catalyst for Sunshot, Graviton Lance, and Sweet Business are locked behind reaching rank 50 with a faction rally during the season. I wanted the Sunshot catalyst so I had to pledge my entire account to Future War Cult this faction rally. So if I want the other catalysts I'll have to pledge to different factions next time.

Nice. Thanks. I knew about Masterworks but didn't know you could apply it to Exotics.
Frigging rank 50 seems like a hell of a grind with that whole stupid "You don't regenerate health" thing going on.

Nice. Thanks. I knew about Masterworks but didn't know you could apply it to Exotics.
Frigging rank 50 seems like a hell of a grind with that whole stupid "You don't regenerate health" thing going on.

It's actually really fun as it gives the patrol zones, public events, and lost sectors a real feeling of danger. Plus you can use something like Crimson to keep your health up, plus enemies have a chance of dropping little bits of light that will heal you. It's actually a nice change as you can't just go marauding into a lost sector, and instead you have to kill the adds and actually plan out your attack a bit.

The coin grind is kind of brutal... 50 ranks at 20 coins = 1000 coins. Once you get a full faction set of armor you get "renown" much faster so it makes it quite easy. A public event plus a patrol will get you to max renown (5) and then you crush a lost sector for 10 coins. So 5 coins for the public event, 10 coins for the lost sector, and it adds up very quickly. Plus there's a daily Milestone on each character which gives you ~20 coins so it's not as bad as it sounds.

It's actually really fun as it gives the patrol zones, public events, and lost sectors a real feeling of danger. Plus you can use something like Crimson to keep your health up, plus enemies have a chance of dropping little bits of light that will heal you. It's actually a nice change as you can't just go marauding into a lost sector, and instead you have to kill the adds and actually plan out your attack a bit.

The coin grind is kind of brutal... 50 ranks at 20 coins = 1000 coins. Once you get a full faction set of armor you get "renown" much faster so it makes it quite easy. A public event plus a patrol will get you to max renown (5) and then you crush a lost sector for 10 coins. So 5 coins for the public event, 10 coins for the lost sector, and it adds up very quickly. Plus there's a daily Milestone on each character which gives you ~20 coins so it's not as bad as it sounds.
due to the vault space I deleted all my faction armour it took me until around rank 37 to get a full set of dead orbit armour for my warlock luckly my hunter has a full set of FWC armour for next time.

due to the vault space I deleted all my faction armour it took me until around rank 37 to get a full set of dead orbit armour for my warlock luckly my hunter has a full set of FWC armour for next time.

I was a bit luckier...think I got my full Titan FWC set at about rank 22, but it's silly. Something that pisses me off is that I got full sets of Kerak and Retro-Grade gear from Lakshmi-2 (generic vanilla D2 gear) before I got a full set of FWC gear. Why in the flying fuck do the Faction vendors give out anything except for Faction gear? Just makes zero fucking sense... we see that old bullshit gear from everybody else that is available every single day. Why do we have to get that same crap from vendors who are only available for 1 week a month?

Renown certainly makes things harder. You get wrecked pretty quickly.

All that math sounds too grindy for me.

I was a bit luckier...think I got my full Titan FWC set at about rank 22, but it's silly. Something that pisses me off is that I got full sets of Kerak and Retro-Grade gear from Lakshmi-2 (generic vanilla D2 gear) before I got a full set of FWC gear. Why in the flying fuck do the Faction vendors give out anything except for Faction gear? Just makes zero fucking sense... we see that old bullshit gear from everybody else that is available every single day. Why do we have to get that same crap from vendors who are only available for 1 week a month?
that is bs getting that first season vendor shit it took me forever to get that final piece of DO gear. They could atleast have that old shit be masterwork stuff but nope just same old shit that's going to get sharded anyways.

Spent so much time grinding on nessus during base destiny 2 for uriels gift and i get it in my first legendary engram coming back lol

Spent so much time grinding on nessus during base destiny 2 for uriels gift and i get it in my first legendary engram coming back lol

That’s how that bullshit goes. I literally spent 3-4 weeks running at least 4 strikes a day trying to get the nameless midnight. With boons every time. Gave up, and finally got it out of nowhere.

I accidentally dismantled all of my night shades I got during that and want one now. I don’t even want to run any more strikes to get one.

if they was going to make the maps smaller in D2 PvP they should've found a way to make all guns able to compete not just a hand full of legendary guns and exotics. I'm tired of this damn meta already with the two exotic pulse rifles out doing scout rifles at scout rifle ranges and most handcannons being negated by everything. They should just turn the graviton lance into a 180rpm scout rifle already and buff the dmg from 150rpm scout rifles like the Jade Rabbit to be 3crit kill guns.

Anyone play warframe? Downloaded it today. Pretty slick.
I did for a bit but it got too grindy and the need for resources pushed towards buying them instead of farming them in game. Plus I decided to use the Excalibur without realizing there isn't a Prime version of that frame anymore and really didn't feel like grinding for another frame. It's alot more fast paced and alot more customizable then D2 but after a while starts feeling alot more repetitive too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back