Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a 5 round burst instead of a 3, slightly longer time to shoot as compared to a hawksaw or pdx 45 type. vig wing is like the hard and slow rate of fire pulses we had in d1

I got ya. Barely played D1 so I don't have that reference.

I got ya. Barely played D1 so I don't have that reference.
imagine if the last perdition killed you in 3 burst. that's the closest gun type to a hawksaw or pdx45, but they nerfed pulses pretty bad it feels super weak.

hopefully the sandbox changes are good. not playing until handcannons can 3 tap again, pulses as well (3 burst).

Haha. Guess Destiny 2 will never be your game. haha I don't think they'll ever bring the time to kill down that far again. If they do it would have to be at a super close range and by that time SMG's would destroy you and knock off your aim so bad you'd never have a chance.

Speaking of hand Cannons, I was running the "West of Sunfall 7" (Mercury Kinetic HC) last night and having quite a bit of fun. At ranges beyond CQB or Medium-close it is useless, but in those ranges it is pretty fun. The recoil on it is super manageable and basically vertical.

Haha. Guess Destiny 2 will never be your game. haha I don't think they'll ever bring the time to kill down that far again. If they do it would have to be at a super close range and by that time SMG's would destroy you and knock off your aim so bad you'd never have a chance.
they've pretty much said they're buffing primaries across the board so id have to guess this means lower time to kill. games barely on life support and it seems they're determined to bring d1 PvP back. that's probably the biggest core problem with the game is the actual gameplay. glad they're buffing movement speed as well.

Put me down as thinking thats an overcomplicated shitty solution to a very simple problem. Just lower the timers. They Are Bad.
I totally agree, it's a bandaid for a problem that should have never been there in the first place.

I loled.

Do you find they help? I find the mods do absolutely NOTHING to improve on anything at all. Even when "stacked three times" I find the difference is so negligible that I only bother because I am a completionist.
I think the counterbalance mods work with auto rifles really well I never tried stacking them though just had one for kinetic and one for energy.

The extra mag on the nameless midnight was 1 and the last hope was 3. One extra trigger pull for each. LOL, rerolled those fuckers for reload speed.

I actually got a dope masterwork drop. Would not have used it otherwise. The Medley 45. That gun is a fucking laser. Have never been into the 600 rpm autos but might have to start using them. Also had a masterwork Scathelocke drop as I was turning the game off the other day. Not sure the perk, but might have to give that gun a go too.
I usually shard every masterwork I get because in this meta why use anything different then 450 rpm auto rifles but I did get a scathelocke and kept it. I never tried it out but had the normal version and it worked good enough in pvp I rerolled it for the +5 range.

Damn man, that grind for the IB Chest Piece ornament is real. I have been specifically trying to get Grenade and Melee kills for a week, and I am still only at 54%. Fucking BRUTAL. I doubt I will even get it unlocked before Season 3 comes along.

I totally agree, it's a bandaid for a problem that should have never been there in the first place.

This is the story of D2. Instead of just admitting the changes were wrong they're going to keep on going down this route of making all kinds of changes until we end up with some kind of "Frankenstein" solution to everything. Instead of just giving us dis/str/int back and allowing us to choose which ability we desire most, we're getting Masterworks and having to make double kills to get mini-orbs to bring us closer to D1 cool downs for. Instead of an RNG rolls we're getting constant re-skins with minuscule stat differences so they can claim it's a different weapon type. And the mod system (outside of the new raid mods) is an absolute failure. So much of this game feels like it was never tested for more than a few hours, but there's almost a feeling of animosity from the developers towards the fans and it feels like maybe this is why we got the game we did.

Damn man, that grind for the IB Chest Piece ornament is real. I have been specifically trying to get Grenade and Melee kills for a week, and I am still only at 54%. Fucking BRUTAL. I doubt I will even get it unlocked before Season 3 comes along.

Want a real challenge? Complete the 165 melee/grenade kills as a Hunter. LMAO It takes AT LEAST 3 melee's to kill somebody as a Hunter... just can't believe that bullshit. Then you've got Stormtrance kills counting as melee kills, but somehow throwing knife doesn't? haha

I just finished my 30th game last night for the Season 2 emblem and I think I'm at about 25% for the chest ornament. I'm at 14/25 wins so that's not too bad... lots of close games within just a few points but more often than not I end up on the losing team. Either way I had a good time with this IB and I got all the weapons, but no ghost or ship.

Want a real challenge? Complete the 165 melee/grenade kills as a Hunter. LMAO It takes AT LEAST 3 melee's to kill somebody as a Hunter... just can't believe that bullshit. Then you've got Stormtrance kills counting as melee kills, but somehow throwing knife doesn't? haha

I just finished my 30th game last night for the Season 2 emblem and I think I'm at about 25% for the chest ornament. I'm at 14/25 wins so that's not too bad... lots of close games within just a few points but more often than not I end up on the losing team. Either way I had a good time with this IB and I got all the weapons, but no ghost or ship.

You just made my day: Stormtrance kills count as Melee? Fuck yeah. I might be able to do this after all.

BTW you are absolutely right about the hunter being shafted for Melee attack strength. I know the pain. I am an Hunter Primary. Also, the hunter is SUPER squishy and dies ultra easily from being attacked with Melee. It's totally unbalanced.

Just FYI, the Ornaments unlock account wide, so you can play on any character and the ornaments will unlock for all.

You just made my day: Stormtrance kills count as Melee? Fuck yeah. I might be able to do this after all.

BTW you are absolutely right about the hunter being shafted for Melee attack strength. I know the pain. I am an Hunter Primary. Also, the hunter is SUPER squishy and dies ultra easily from being attacked with Melee. It's totally unbalanced.

I remember reading a thread on Reddit about this with the Stormtrance counting as a melee kill, and I can't find the thread again. I wanted to quote it as a source but again, I can't find it. I have found a few threads talking about how this used to work with the Karnstein Armlets and I think that's still a go. But I'm not sure because all of the "IB chest ornament guides" are recommending Arcstrider. I would imagine if the thing with the Armlets is still working that would be the way to go. Sorry to burst your bubble but your mileage might vary a bit here and sorry if I'm just flat out wrong. That'll show me to not actually find the source before spouting off. haha Here's the guide I saw on Reddit.

-Arcstrider build with Gemini Jester and skip grenades seems to be the "winner" overall. Lots of data out there so take it for what it's worth. Good luck man!

I think it's NM has you trying to get grenade kills in strikes for one of their ornaments some of the shit is easy to do other shit is just a pain with shit being tied to cool downs. It's like with dead orbit complete lost sectors off of earth yet you get nothing for running them due to the cool down between completing them. It's like they did it this way so you'd have to run multiple events to get shit like with the "season 2 weapons".

Sharded the masterwork scathelock. I really like the 600 rpm autos, but want a scout or the vigilance wing in the kinetic slot. Have sharded tons of martyrs makes and coincidentally had one drop last night. This thing is beast. Hoping I can get enough cores to masterwork it. Might like it better than the medley with the perk.

Fuck that ornament. I played last night for a few hoours and REALLY tried to go out of my way to get melee kills and grenade kills, and after fucking HAMMERING it out I still only got from 58% to 82%.
Fuck it, and fuck bungie.

Fuck that ornament. I played last night for a few hoours and REALLY tried to go out of my way to get melee kills and grenade kills, and after fucking HAMMERING it out I still only got from 58% to 82%.
Fuck it, and fuck bungie.

You have at least another whole IB (maybe 2, not sure) to get it. Don't stress it too much buddy! So I'm guessing Stormtrance wasn't counting as melee kills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back