Despite the Ko, Rondas boxing didnt look too good.

Just because he has clearly better technique than Duffee doesn't mean he didn't look sloppy out there. He was way more careless than normal and is usually more calculated. Maybe the fact he was so out of shape made it look worse.

I pretty much posted the whole fight in gifs. Aside from when he to tried to finish the fight with a flurry in the 2nd gif, what about that looked sloppy to you?

Despite her boxing not being too good it will still be enough to beat Tate (for the third time) and Holm and retire undefeated.

her boxing looked just fine her main weakness is her defense

a 6 punch combo i just counted in the exchange

straight right,left hook to body,left hook,right hand, left hook,right cross
tumblr_nsgsm8Wywr1u2ragso3_250.gif

Yep, all she has to do is tighten up that defense and she will be on point. It's crazy how fast she is improving over such a short time.

While I certainly feel Ronda's boxing technique is unfinished with many areas for improvement, her development from being a PURE grappler to having functional and competent FINISHER with strikes, is quite impressive.

I have to ask how many sub attempts, let alone sub FINISHES has Cyborg, or Joanna J, or Holly Holm made?

Ronda is developing and displaying new skills in a very effective manner.

What have the other striking women done, to develop dangerous non-striking skills?

Her knees in the clinch are also deadly she hurt Bethe badly with a knee right before knocking her.

Yea she has knees now. She ended McMann with a knee shot to the liver. She has KO power in her right hand, has worked on knees in the clinch, and we know about her Judo and submission game. She probably will get bored and retire to make movies. It will be a short 15 or 20 fight career. That is if she even makes it to 15. She needs three more girls to fight just to make it to 15.

Ronda_Rousey_vs._Sara_McMann_1.gif

Ugly and sloppy but effective against the likes of Correira.

And that's all that mattered.

It might have looked sloppy but if you watch the exchange Ronda lands a left hook to the body followed by a weak left hook to the jaw, and then a strong left hook to the jaw of Bethe in that exchange.

tumblr_nsgsm8Wywr1u2ragso3_250.gif

Those two strikes, the left to the body and then the 2nd left hook to the jaw hurt Bethe and got her listing to her right to try to escape off the cage, which lead to a power straight right in the earhole.

ozqr1.gif

It might have been chaotic and a bit ugly but she beat her ass in that 34 seconds, including a knee before the punching exchanges.

Yep, all she has to do is tighten up that defense and she will be on point. It's crazy how fast she is improving over such a short time.

Yes and she has to learn the basics of defense.

She isn't even shifting her head offline.

Compared to what? If we are comparing her to Floyd then it looks really bad. But this is womens MMA. Personally I think it's improving, though I admit it's still not anywhere near great.

she has a lot of core strength and probably hits pretty hard

Yes and she has to learn the basics of defense.

She isn't even shifting her head offline.

That doesn't really set her apart from the majority of men. Defensive stand up skills are still quite raw in mma.

Her boxing was terrible. Chin straight up in the air and just winging left and rights.

She's athletic enough to get away with it against these cans.

Anyone impressed by the KO alone should take some time to attend an amateur MMA event, particularly one that is not regulated. You will likely see a host of knockouts performed by fighters that have never trained outside of their own backyards.

LOL. Yeah, they are on the same level as Ronda. What a joke some of you haters are.

That doesn't really set her apart from the majority of men. Defensive stand up skills are still quite raw in mma.

That's not true. Most anyone in the top 10 of any male division has at least some decent head movement. I don't know what sport you are watching.

Power, speed accuracy. Shes got good hands dont get caught up in semantics.

Of course its nowhere near a TJ dillishaw or aldo. But shes getting better.

There is literally nobody in women's div UFC that can beat her.
You all sound like the Fedor haters from 10 years ago.
No she is not a boxer.
She is a world champion judo player.
Now she is kicking the shit out of any woman that steps up.

What are you comparing it to TS???

MMA boxing is pedestrian next to professional boxing.

Ronda looked good and showed tremendous improvement. Probably better than most of the HW roster

tumblr_nrkerv00q51upwz95o1_400.gif

LOL. Yeah, they are on the same level as Ronda. What a joke some of you haters are.

Learn to read, please. You seem to fall victim to this type of thing over and over in this forum, and it is getting tiring.

I did not equate the two. I simply pointed out that KOing someone is not a great indicator of standup-related skills. People with absolutely zero proper training knock each other out on the daily. Such things are evident at amateur MMA events.

That's not true. Most anyone in the top 10 of any male division has at least some decent head movement. I don't know what sport you are watching.

The former HW champ has virtually no head movement when he actually is in striking exchanges. And frankly, she hasn't been in there long enough to really say much about how much her defensive skills have developed. Most of the top 10 don't fight like a hurricane and finish fights in under half a minute. Btw, I wasn't speaking just about the top 10, and I was obviously a bit tongue in cheek.

How many women in the UFC have been knocked out like that?

I haven't seen every single WMMA fight but I've yet to see a one punch KO in that division.

It might have looked sloppy but if you watch the exchange Ronda lands a left hook to the body followed by a weak left hook to the jaw, and then a strong left hook to the jaw of Bethe in that exchange.

To me the first left hook didn't look "weak". It just didn't snap her head around like the second one did because Bethe's head wasn't turned to angle when it landed. It hit her more square on the chin, which probably didn't feel that great.

Back