Despite the Ko, Rondas boxing didnt look too good.

well,damn,you sure showed me!

Gaylords like you are what's wrong with MMA ... You just go along with whatever you hear the commentators say like a puppet

I didn't know R3 was in a boxing match saturday.

It's going to be real hard for her to retain that title when she's matched with a talented boxer.

Oh wait...

I honestly feel that whatever Ronda does she is criticized for doing. She has been working on her standup and it shows because she is now damaging people on the feet in ways she wasn't known to do before. The perfect technique will come, in time. Her progress is shown in the fact that she fully knocked out another woman with one shot thrown quite well. She's sloppy, yeah, but give credit where its due, jesus.

Despite the submission, Ronda's submission skills didn't look too good.

See why this thread is stupid.

dude never go full retard.. Ronda Rousey shows high level submission skills and gets the submission... skills are skills... punching power does not equate to good striking technique... getting a submission on a talented grappler without them being rocked always shows good submision technique... learn some mma skills before you type... a punchers chance always exist because people get knocked out.. you have to know how to submit someone to do it...

if ronda koed someone with a pettis wall kick..

"omfg she copied that from pettis,why dont u be original ronda omfg :: foams at the mouth ::

cyborg so much better fighter with precision punches! :: seziure ::

yeah. but with no threat of the takedown she could just wade in.

as much as I hate rhonda she does have a decent chin (so far) which allows her to rush in (especially this fight. bethe had even worse stand up).

Well, in fairness, Bethe has the stand up of a 50 year old soccer mom who has taken taebo class for a month. Did you see how many time she cracked Shayna and couldn't even put her down? Bethe looks like she is fighting in a bowl of molasses.

One thing is obvious, Ronda is 10000x more athletic than than Bethe and Bethe had 0 chance of finishing Ronda in any position this fight was put in. Ronda is a lfielong martial artist and is facing the likes of Cat Zigano, a soccer mom turned fighter. It's funny because people roast Fedor for fighting the likes of Hong Man Choi and Zulu but no ones gives Ronda crap about fighting fighters that posses no threat. Atleast Hong Man and Zulu were professional fighters and were double the size of the guy...what I would give to see Ronda fight Gabbi Garcia, but she won't because it is too risky.

having better boxing then Bethe doesn't say much.

Congrats on her first real KO, I thought Davis was going to be her first KO but didn't really workout that way.

I hate to agree with a wall of text I didn't read but it was clear that Ronda still has terrible striking. The display of hand shown today were far worse then Sanchez vs Guida which is an example I use for terrible striking in MMA. Ronda is obviously a fantastic athlete, that does not make the showing on saturday any better than it was. She threw no technique, it was about as technical as an average street fight between drunk men.

I have trained for many years and if my coach ever saw me acting like that I would be kicked out of the gym and that is fact.

Context.

How long has Rousey been training in striking? Not that long.

It's unfair to compare people who have studied MT or Boxing for a decade or more against Rousey who's only had 3-4 years to work on hers. Judge her on the appropriate curve and give credit where it's due.

She's gone from Zero to 1-hit KO punches thrown in combinations of punching and knees in an actual live fight environment. That's nothing to sneeze at for a woman fighting at 135, especially when you remember how many men don't have 1-hit KO power and don't throw anything more than a single punch at a time.

yeah. but with no threat of the takedown she could just wade in.

as much as I hate rhonda she does have a decent chin (so far) which allows her to rush in (especially this fight. bethe had even worse stand up).

All Rondas wins have been against women who didn't hit that hard. Just suppose she got hit flush by a Cyborg or Nunes or Randamie these women have power.

if ronda koed someone with a pettis wall kick..

"omfg she copied that from pettis,why dont u be original ronda omfg :: foams at the mouth ::

cyborg so much better fighter with precision punches! :: seziure ::

that is absolutely not true... if she even ko'ed someone with a clean head kick all I would do would talk of how amazing the technique of her headkick was... you do realize she literally flailed her arms to a knockout in that last fight right?

when she dismantled Cat I was like damn that was slick... the punch to throw she did on davis was clean as shit... this last fight was her worst performance ever even with the 40 second finish. They looked like no technique Ammy fighters.

It was her gameplan to overwhelm and knock out Bethe within a minute and so she did! Its not a boxing match but MMA where other principles applies...

It looked terrible. Ronda just throw haymkers, no faints, just throwing punches with her chin up. She punched the fence more than she did Bethe.

But it's okay, people will just post the final punch. S'okay.

*feints

"no i wanted technical boxing thats why i watch mma! especially rondas fights! why u dissapoint me ronda!"

Felt she showed composure and improvement, her jab looked stiff when show wasn't flailing her lead hand trying to grab Bethe's head, and her left hook and right cross looked good and she is throwing them with power behind them

Yea, not sure what some people expect. That right hand was a killer shot. Watch her hips and torso turn as she throws it.

ozqr1.gif

Yea, not sure what some people expect. That right hand was a killer shot. Watch her hips and torso turn as she throws it.

ozqr1.gif

i was actually really happy to see that,i really didnt wanna see the chick lose to some weak hit,that was a really hard shot that spun her to the mat wether she wanted to or not.

Context.

How long has Rousey been training in striking? Not that long.

It's unfair to compare people who have studied MT or Boxing for a decade or more against Rousey who's only had 3-4 years to work on hers. Judge her on the appropriate curve and give credit where it's due.

She's gone from Zero to 1-hit KO punches thrown in combinations of punching and knees in an actual live fight environment. That's nothing to sneeze at for a woman fighting at 135, especially when you remember how many men don't have 1-hit KO power and don't throw anything more than a single punch at a time.

How is a punch a 1-hit KO punch when it was part of a 15 second flurry? I mean you literraly praised her for her combination technique and then called it a 1-hit KO... are you implying she missed every single punch in the combinations until the 1-hit KO? I really wonder about some peoples choice of words.

that said... her striking is much better then she showed in her last fight like I said before... She just decided she didn't care about throwing a single clean punch this fight until the very last fight and mostly just threw punches... reminiscent of the famous vitor knocking out Wandy Gif... 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 2 2. but more flailing and with far worse footwork and balance..

Back