Despite the Ko, Rondas boxing didnt look too good.

No one has the power to make her pay for her mistakes, so she's safe....for now.

it was wild sloppy punching, looked like two 14 year old girls when they used to fight in my old school. cant take womens mma seriously, its mostly amatuer

Wannabe boxing snobs are hilarious

I know boxing snobs, the people in this forum are being mild relative to them.

Her striking is really poor, it is painfully obvious to me and I only trained boxing for about 7 years.

in other words,

Her boxing is terrible but atleast she has some power

I actually see her as having greatly improved punching technique, but poor head movement. Foot movement was okay though she was overaggressive, though given she was 'chasing down' Correia it's a bit forgivable.

She showed no real attempt at defense, but then I've also seen her actually show some defense before (hands up, chin tucked, shoulder tucked) so I'm not sure whether it was more of a lapse in pursuit of the KO or a simple lack of respect for Bethe's skills.

She basically looked like an improving amateur that still has a lot of work to do. Good enough to get the KO on punching power. Not good enough to box should she run up against a talented boxer.

ive seen plenty of guys in nowadays mma do worse strikes,but youse only complain about that when its convenient

I can agree with some of the criticism though it's ultimately irrelevant. Having sloppy boxing form is a luxury you have when you're an utterly dominant submission grappler with superior punching power as you're opponents have to respect your hands and can't afford to clinch or take you to the ground. Fedor built his HW goat status on these exact attributes

Honestly her striking looked better than Shoguns sloppy ass punches.

Despite the submission, Ronda's submission skills didn't look too good.

See why this thread is stupid.

she straight clobbered and faceplanted that chick,no one did that to her,and we dont see other women pasting someone with one punch like that,not even cyborg. so give credit where credit is due. Yeah she doesnt have head movement cos shes been hit a flush a bunch of times,and it doesnt really hurt her all that much,so she just close the difference without caring.

she was trying to make it so bethe would abandon gameplan and clinch, which she couldn't do with patient feints and precise striking. ronda is best in the dirty scramble, but bethe sucked so much that instead of ronda pressuring her and forcing her to react, she accidentally ko'd her instead.

if you read that article about how to beat ronda, it talks for like 10 paragraphs about how someone needs to stay patient instead of brawl, avoid clinch, circle correctly, etc. bethe had the best gameplan so far besides maybe carmouche, but even still ronda forced a no gameplan brawl, which was supposed to be brawl -> clinch -> tko/sub, but it ended at step 1.

yeah. but with no threat of the takedown she could just wade in.

as much as I hate rhonda she does have a decent chin (so far) which allows her to rush in (especially this fight. bethe had even worse stand up).

Anyone impressed by the KO alone should take some time to attend an amateur MMA event, particularly one that is not regulated. You will likely see a host of knockouts performed by fighters that have never trained outside of their own backyards.

Exactly, all those fights are a matter of seconds too, slop-fest haymaker city. This fight reminded me of a backyard youtube fight. The saddest part is, no one can point out the obvious or they will be roasted. The media can say nothing objective or they will be blacklisted from the UFC.

Just pray to God that Ronda fights Cyborg so that the few true fight fans that remain can actually find out how good she really is. If NBA created a league for Michael Jordan to face highschool teams his whole career, no one would ever dare call him GOAT, even if those highschool teams were marketed as NBA material. I hope people stop ovary hugging and get back to being fight fans and wanting to know who is the best....this behavior by the majority of you is pathetic.

good thing shes not a boxer. this is mma,and she won by ko.

cry about it

I hate to agree with a wall of text I didn't read but it was clear that Ronda still has terrible striking. The display of hand shown today were far worse then Sanchez vs Guida which is an example I use for terrible striking in MMA. Ronda is obviously a fantastic athlete, that does not make the showing on saturday any better than it was. She threw no technique, it was about as technical as an average street fight between drunk men.

I have trained for many years and if my coach ever saw me acting like that I would be kicked out of the gym and that is fact.

she straight clobbered and faceplanted that chick,no one did that to her,and we dont see other women pasting someone with one punch like that,not even cyborg. so give credit where credit is due. Yeah she doesnt have head movement cos shes been hit a flush a bunch of times,and it doesnt really hurt her all that much,so she just close the difference without caring.

Wow get off her nuts and open your eyes

Back