Social Despite Overwhelming Evidence Vaccines Safe & Effective, "Hysteresis" Endures

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Madmick, Jan 11, 2019.

1. sniper

sniper so poor.... and so black

This is my biggest issue. One size simply does not fit all. But that is where we are going to end up.

Fugazy, chardog and Joe265 like this.
  2. MMAisGod

MMAisGod Brown Belt

Your message broke off so I'm not sure what you were gonna say here. It is, very dangerous. I classify it as the #1 problem in our modern day era.

It all starts with the lack of knowledge, and knowledge of false info. If more people were informed, accurately informed, I feel we would have a seismic shift in perspective on numerous issues that are viewed in a different light at the moment. The overwhelming amount of misinformation flooding every avenue, every fake article, every dubious website, every propaganda segment on primetime tv, will never allow this to happen. I believe there should be some sort of restraint on unverifiable, unsourced, purposely misconstrued, agenda pushing, etc types of information. If not, then how can you check or reign in the damage false information brings?

Currently there is no filter of any kind, so even the smartest, educated, and articulate of persons can form wrong but unchangeable opinions. This has increased to levels never thought possible over a long period of time. All due to misinformation being allowed to flow freely.

no fat chicks and INTERL0PER like this.
  3. IGotAHugePeckah

IGotAHugePeckah Purple Belt

Yeah the anti-vax thing is weird. Get vaxxed for the serious shit. But I think if you get flu shots every year you're a fuckin goo gobbler

Fugazy likes this.
  4. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

I've noticed that there is a correlation between the rate of autism diagnosis and the rate of organic food sales.

[​IMG]

5. Joe265

Joe265 Green Belt

Focusing on judging others is for ppl that believe they are the standard bearers for truth. It is a mind trap.

6. MikeMcMann

MikeMcMann Gold Belt

And that is the issue.

You can be pro vax but also skeptical for the need for the growing list of Vax and all other 'preventative' medicines.

No one should be naive to the fact that Big Pharma has a very aggressive agenda to find rationale to get as many people to take as many preventative medicines as possible. And they will pay for the research and rationale to provide the gov't reasons to proscribe and make it mandatory.

On a lesser scale the Canada Food guide is in the midst of being revamped from its prior pyramid state. the top scientists had recommended a 100% removal of all dairy and cut out of most meats not saying they are foods you should not eat but saying they are not recommended or necessary and people would be generally healthier finding their nutrition in the other groups. the Dairy and Meat Industries are in high action mode and almost everyone concedes now the gov't will cave and ensure they are in. Big Industry is dictating science.

Big Pharma identified the area of "Preventative Medicine' as a multi Trillion dollar boon for them as just a few decades ago medicine was Reactionary or you only really took it when you got sick which meant only a small percent of the population took anything. Now every single person takes numerous medicines to prevent something that may happen and that is awesome for sales.

PhitePhan likes this.
  7. Joe265

Joe265 Green Belt

MMAisGod likes this.
  8. iNoScopedJFK

iNoScopedJFK TUF Noob

What's insane is letting diseases once considered eradicated come back because you believe big bad pharma is evil and wants all the money.

Kalitaur and INTERL0PER like this.
  9. MMAisGod

MMAisGod Brown Belt

Joe265 likes this.
  10. TheComebackKid

TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

I don't think you understand what you are advocating here. You are advocating for a limit to free speech and controlling what people think. I know in your mind you are just trying to protect the truth and limit false information but what you are ignoring is the fact that you, and no one else, has the ability nor the constitutional authority to determine what is and isn't true. You have to let the citizenry decide what they belief and what they accept. You can't control everyone's mind with your version of truth and facts.

You keep going back to the flat earth example. Let me ask. If someone walks outsides and notices that everything looks flat, they don't feel anything moving or spinning, they see that people in Australia seem to be standing right side up, theres no curvature to be found anywhere, the horizon always rises to eye level, and that NASA/US Govt have a history of telling lies...and because of that they conclude the earth is really flat. Are you suggesting this person shouldn't be allowed to openly and freely, without fear of punishment or censorship, share this theory with other Americans because you and others thinks it's false and misinformation?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Fugazy likes this.
  11. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

Theres a gigantic portion of the country who truly believes Donald trump always tells the truth so is anyone surprised there are people who believe in any CT

12. Kalitaur

Kalitaur Blue Belt

[​IMG]

Greoric likes this.
  13. InternetHero

InternetHero Titanium Belt

Divorcing people of stupidity, even if it effects their offspring continuing the stupidity is a difficult choice to make.

Save when the alternative is empowering people who are ignorant in other ways to make decisions for the responsible and irresponsible peoples' lives irregardless.

The problem is, The People do not prove to be a very good or trustworthy daddy, at least civil society gives you a shot (no pun) generation by generation.

14. Madmick

Madmick Cerebrage Staff Member Senior Moderator

ROFL...

<TrumpWrong1>

He literally expresses the opposite opinion.

I knew you didn't understand what you were reading.

15. InternetHero

Can't their be a balance between realizing vaccinations are a good thing, and all corporations unless monitored will take advantages?

PhitePhan likes this.
  16. Madmick

Vaccines are a money loser. In fact, most of the big pharmaceutical companies have been struggling to get out of the vaccine business. Obama was scrambling to cope with this towards the end of his Presidency, and the question of whether or not the government should mandate Big Pharm to participate in the vital infrastructure.

InternetHero likes this.
  17. InternetHero

Hmm sounds enlightening.

Any sources or recommendation on where to look, or what to Google? I would have a look.

No sarcasm.

18. Madmick

It's vaccine to vaccine, and it's about markets. They are doing everything they can to shift away from the least profitable vaccines, and to shift away from the least profitable markets (such as Merck leaving West Africa this year because China was a more profitable market for their supply).
    https://www.skepticalraptor.com/ske...e-myth-of-big-pharma-vaccine-profits-updated/

The above is a fantastic start. It it biased, obviously, but I love this website because the articles are written similar to RationalWiki with a genuine effort to accrue as much hard, sound data as possible. I suggest skipping down to the section "Are vaccines really profitable?" adn reading from there.

Grenz, InternetHero and no fat chicks like this.
  19. InternetHero

Very good, thanks!

What a potent, chronic, and depressing expression of the Dunning-Kruger effect. (I had forgotten the name of it, to be honest.)

It makes sense that the one anti-vax fellow I met was a self proclaimed master of social sciences, at 2 a.m., in a Walmart. (I enjoy talking to anyone.)

He was a nice guy so it seemed, but so, so sure about all kinds of conspiracy theories.

(What is bellow is contemplation of the human condition. TL/DR for anyone who doesn't like such starry eyed musings.)

Dunning-Kruger really preys upon the social sciences, because if a man says he is an expert in chemistry one could prove him a fool in a matter of a minute or two, if a man is a self proclaimed expert in politics, philosophy, or a "life coach" (oh no...) in anything, all the sound logic in the world will often fail to dissuade him from folly.

The mind has a need, or a hunger to replace the abstract with the binary, and then to boast in assurance of such many shades of ignorance for social reasons and self worth reasons.

Socrates, Christ, nor Kong zi can reach a man with wisdom who does not want to be reached.

That life has ten thousand answers to one question, and most people will reduce them to one simple answer... and wouldn't you know it... an answer that fits their desire, their clan affiliation, or their ideology.

no fat chicks, Fugazy and Madmick like this.
  20. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

Vaccines appear to be the only private sector product on the entire market that needs a special government exemption from "frivolous" lawsuits. This is problematic, no?

PhitePhan and Fugazy like this.