Desperate search for toddler Julen who fell down 350ft well in Malaga in front of parents-found dead

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
0_JS172615532.jpg

The boy was playing at the Sierra de Totalan mountains in the Spanish province when his terrified parents saw him plunge down the narrow well.

Rescuers are racing against time to find a toddler who fell down a 350ft well in front of his horrified parents.

The family of the two-year-old, named only as Julen, were preparing lunch with pals on a countryside trip and could not reach him before he plunged through the 15in-wide hole.

His dad called police and a huge operation was launched on Sunday.

A relative told officers they heard him crying seconds after he vanished. But the cries have since stopped amid fears he may have sunk into a mixture of sand and water at the bottom.

Relatives were seen arriving at the scene yesterday as more than 100 firefighters, police and mountain rescuers planned to reach Julen.

Another hole will be bored next to the well and the nearby mountainside excavated to get the camera further down and to tunnel across to him, as a team continues to search and excavate the well.

Bernardo Molto of the Guardia Civil said: “The first option involves the removal of earth with a lorry which will come to take it away.

“The second is to dig a hole running parallel to the existing one with the additional problem that the hole is not cased and it has to be cased first to avoid it collapsing.

“The third alternative that’s going to be approved is an excavation from the side of the mountain.”

A bag of sweets and cup Julen was carrying have been recovered from the hole at the country property near Malaga, on Spain’s Costa del Sol.

A camera sent into the opening failed to capture sound or images indicating he is alive but a blockage thought to be a small landslide was spotted 250ft down.

Three attempts to reach the lad are expected to be made simultaneously.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-boy-2-falls-down-13853395
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As both a parent and a person that has problems with small confided spaces, this is the worst nightmare I ever read about. Praying that they will save him.

UPDATE:

https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/148358829/

Last edited:
Terrible.

My feeling is that a 350 foot fall likely killed him or injured him enough that he didn't survive but there's always hope.

Tbh I think those parents act strange and I wouldn’t be surprised if this story turns out to be different

I hope by some miracle this child survived and makes it out.

What in the actual fuck.

Excellent place for a child’s play area...maybe they should have placed landminds around the hole for safety..

I wonder, would they be charged with child negligence?

What kind of retards let their toddler just wonder around a mountain unsupervised?

Damn, this is really messing with my head. Between this and the headless baby thread, the 'Berry is dark today.

Were the parents around when it happen, or did Lassie give them the Message?

That's fucking awful, that poor boy is probably dead. Parents need to be investigated!! How do you lose two kids??

That has to be the worst fear not only as a human but as a parent. But how do you just let your kid play like that after you have already lose your other child? Negligence or bad intentions?

Anyone that has been around kids knows that kids could get in danger in seconds.

Musk can save them but will he?

He ded.

I wonder what's up with the parents. I'm not sure an expedition in the mountains is a 2-year old friendly family outing but OK.

I think some of you are taking the word "mountains" too literally. It appears they were simply outside of town. I would think that a lot of city people like to take a day out of town, don't you?

Anyways, why there's an uncovered 350' deep hole out there seems bizarre to me. As does not watching him closer. But it's easy to judge from here and not knowing the actual facts. Regardless, just the thought turns my stomach. I really only see one outcome here.

Back