Desmond Green still fighting after killing 2 people in traffic accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a tragic situation. I imagine he will get the appropriate punishment at some point in the near future. One would hope so.

caitlin jenner killed someone cellphone driving and wasnt punished

And ppl complain about Greg Hardy fighting, He didn't kill anybody like Desmond Green did.

UFC lightweight Desmond Green was facing multiple traffic issues at the time of a five-vehicle accident he was involved in that left two people dead.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Green lost lost control of his 2011 Dodge Durango on Sunday morning on Interstate 75, veering into the path of a truck with a trailer in the next lane. There was a chain-reaction crash involving three other vehicles that killed two passengers in a Toyota Yaris – Emelina Morfa, 67, and Emma Suarez Hernandez, 76 – while the driver was seriously injured. Green and another driver emerged with only minor injuries.

Authorities shut down the freeway for several hours to collect evidence and clear the scene. They’re investigating why Green lost control of his SUV.

Two weeks before the accident, Green, 28, was cited for driving with a suspended license and no proof of insurance after a fender bender in Deerfield Beach, Fla., that caused less than $1,000 in damage. He is scheduled to be arraigned on Sept. 6.

Green also was pulled over by Fort Lauderdale Police on April 20 for expired registration tags. An officer said “a smell of cannabis emitted from the vehicle” upon contacting Green, who then admitted to having marijuana and “mushrooms” in the vehicle, which were stuffed in his shoe in two separate bags.

Green was cited for the marijuana and expired tags and was ordered to appear in court. When he later failed to appear, a capias warrant was issued for his arrest, but he was able to reverse the order and postpone his appearance until Aug. 30.

Green did not respond to a request for comment.

Toxicology results for Green’s most recent Aug. 19 traffic accident will play a much bigger role than his pending citations, a criminal defense attorney told MMAjunkie.

“The Broward state attorney’s office, they’re going to be more focused on the incident at hand, because that’s what’s relevant,” said Richard Ansara, senior partner at Ansara Law Firm. “If they want to go after him, they’re going to go after him through that.”

Ansara said investigators could be looking into Green’s whereabouts earlier that day and whether he consumed alcohol.

apples and oranges. greg hardy should be in jail for beating that woman but paid her off.

car wrecks happen where it just what it is accident.

green wasnt driving drunk or on drugs so he wasnt arrested for that.

tennis didnt ban serena williams when she was in a crash that killed someone.

that crash with desmond was simple a tragic accident that changed peopel lives for ever.

Traffic accident, even if you're at fault, is not murder. It's bad, especially given his prior traffic incidents, but calling him a murderer is unreasonable.

apples and oranges. greg hardy should be in jail for beating that woman but paid her off.

car wrecks happen where it just what it is accident.

green wasnt driving drunk or on drugs so he wasnt arrested for that.

tennis didnt ban serena williams when she was in a crash that killed someone.

that crash with desmond was simple a tragic accident that changed peopel lives for ever.
Negligence just happens. You sound dumb AF

I wondered how he returned so fast to fighting. You'd think that would weigh on a person's mind.

If he wasn’t drunk and it was an accident why shouldn’t he be able to fight?

I thought it was a dui death.

But it wasn’t it was just an accident he probably feels terrible

If he wasn’t drunk and it was an accident why shouldn’t he be able to fight?

I thought it was a dui death.

But it wasn’t it was just an accident he probably feels terrible
ahhhh Poor guy, he feels bad for taking 2 people from their families. Boo fuckin hoo

You want cold hard truth boyo?

Im 29 now, and if I could sign something that says “I won’t know when, but at some point after turning 76, I’ll be killed in some car crash” Id sign that shit in a heartbeat. I’m good after 60. Put me out my fuckin misery. They say im crazy, I say wanting to live until 80 is crazy. Plus it was an accident.

RIP if they didn’t want to die

If they wished for death like most 80 year olds I know, then congrats .

Either way. Let the man bang, fists, not vehicles that is

ahhhh Poor guy, he feels bad for taking 2 people from their families. Boo fuckin hoo

What are you trying to say?

People accidentally kill other people all the time. I could hit innocent people with my car by accident tomorrow.

I would feel so guilty I would probably commit suicide

Negligence just happens. You sound dumb AF

peopel drive to fast and wrecks happen. if that was something that got peopel in jail than there be billions of peopel in jails all over the world.

it simple just a tragic accident that changed peopel lives for ever.

if the cops at the scene thought he beek texting or failed a test shwing he was drunk of on drugs he been arrested so that tells you that didnt break the law.

i was in a car wreck 5 years ago and i hurt my back but the other driver wasnt thrown in jail for hitting me and hurting me.

We should hold ethics committees for every fighter, fk it, for every job. No one works anywhere unless they’re saints.

We should hold ethics committees for every fighter, fk it, for every job. No one works anywhere unless they’re saints.
Ya let UFC be a haven for all criminals. Good thing you don't run a company

At least he got beat by a cop. Even if it was just a former one.gettyimages-913994662-612x612.jpg

He needs to fight to pay off them civil suits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back