Desmond Green involved in multi-car crash. Two dead

Very sad for all involved. I sincerely hope is was just an accident and not related to any drinking or drug use. That would not be good for MMA/UFC . . .

Not trying to pick on you, but I find it strange that collisions resulting from all the other systematic forms of negligence people engage in while driving are often considered "just accidents" even when it results in death. Like people don't know that their habitual behaviors and decisions like following too close, lack of sleep, or driving in winter (or even heavy rain) with bad tires and/or minimal car control skills - just to name a few - will eventually result in a crash.

Anyway, I hope he's okay, regardless of the circumstances.

Let this be a lessen.

Never drive a Yaris.

As good an excuse as any!

However, I don't think the fact that it's a subcompact car contributed much to the deaths. The passenger compartment appears to be completely intact so they could not have been crushed. I'm guessing they simply weren't wearing seatbelts.

Damn that's rough

Rip to those involved and speedy recovery to Green, good fighter on his day

Not trying to pick on you, but I find it strange that collisions resulting from all the other systematic forms of negligence people engage in while driving are often considered "just accidents" even when it results in death. Like people don't know that their habitual behaviors and decisions like following too close, lack of sleep, or driving in winter (or even heavy rain) with bad tires and/or minimal car control skills - just to name a few - will eventually result in a crash.

Anyway, I hope he's okay, regardless of the circumstances.

There are highly controllable forms of negligence. Drinking, drugs, talking on the phone, texting. I do put these things into a more aggravated category than some of the other forms of negligence you mention. Though certain asshats could be equally negligent with some of the driving douchebaggery I see on the road.

I hope for his own peace of mind none of that was involved. I am not sure how I would live with myself if I waqs driving drunk or texting and i killed someone in an accident.

This is terrible. I hope that he wasn't behaving irresponsibly at the time that he lost control.

If it were obvious negligence or impairment, they would have arrested him at the scene.

He's in trouble if he's smoked weed in the past few weeks. If it's in his system, he might get hit with criminal charges or a civil suit irrespective of whether or not he was impaired at the time of the crash.

shit man the things these lightweights do to get out of fighting taisumov

"its green!"
"alright..."
"I didnt mean traffic lights!"

Rampage, Jones, this guy.....

*insert politically-incorrect comment here*

There are highly controllable forms of negligence. Drinking, drugs, talking on the phone, texting. I do put these things into a more aggravated category than some of the other forms of negligence you mention. Though certain asshats could be equally negligent with some of the driving douchebaggery I see on the road.

I hope for his own peace of mind none of that was involved. I am not sure how I would live with myself if I waqs driving drunk or texting and i killed someone in an accident.
I think driving a car with bad brakes or really old tires that have no tred is way more dangerous than driving after smoking or having a drink.

Theres obviously alot of variables here.

I think driving a car with bad brakes or really old tires that have no tred is way more dangerous than driving after smoking or having a drink.

Theres obviously alot of variables here.
Spoken as someone trying to justify their behaviour... lol

Desmond green

abwha1.gif

It doesn't look like they have any evidence as to how impaired Green was, if he was, who knows, whether it was from weed or alcohol. IT doesn't sound good, but that is just more of something that throws suspicion but nothing definite enough to get him in serious trouble, unless they have something more concrete.

RIP

Back