Designing a program??

Status
Not open for further replies.

excessiveforce

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just got the TRX force system.
I do martial art training and wanted to make up a program that involves muscle confusion to keep my workout fun and mix thing up. By using a variety of different equipment which would be: the TRX, kettlebells and the "Tower 200" resistance band training system. But i dont want to over train. I was thinking 3 or 4 days per week.
I just wanted to get some advice if i should do TRX one week, kettlebells the next week and tower 200 system the following. Changing up the exercises of each system each week.
Or combine all 3 system in one workout?
Which system would be better??

Workout Example:
DAY 1
TRX: Atomic pushups 15X
kettlebells: Clean 3 sets of 6 reps
Tower 200: military press 2 sets of 10 reps

DAY 2
another TRX exercise
another kettlebell exercise
another tower 200 exercise and so on...

Also intensity of workouts? Slow or fast movements?

my focus is I would like to get more stronger and faster but also maintain good staying power (strength, speed & endurance).

TRX has 200 or so exercise that can be performed.
The Tower 200 esistance band training system has over 200 exercises and kettlebells have a complete range of exercises.

When designing a program i wasn't sure if i should go though all the different exercise that each system has over a series of months (doing 3-4 weekly workouts). At the end of the program have a rest (week or a month off) and than continue the same program routine again.
would this method still confuse the muscles or would it know your routine?? because every exercise is done different each week over a few month. than is repeated again. it changes every workout?
Appreciate any advice on topic, cheers!

Last edited:
Whatever you do, make sure you don't read the FAQ.

I would say you should do p90x instead of tower 200. P90x has way more muscle confusion. I did p90x and my muscles were all like "ware da fuck am i??". You should try it.

Anyone else feel like the muscle confusion joke is getting old?

muscle_confusion.jpg

Yeah i heard of the P90X program. But i really want to make my own program up, in a similar way P90X is designed, but using the equipment i said.
Which way do you think is the best to design my program.

Should i do TRX one week, kb's the next week and tower 200 system the following and Changing up the exercises of each system each week.
Or combine all 3 system in one workout 3 or 4 day a week (different exercise each workout) sort of the same concept as P90X?

Which way would be better??

Atomic pushups? Muscle confusion? TRX?!! Wtf, can you get any more gimmicky than that?!

Oh and...

READ THE FAQ`S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah i heard of the P90X program. But i really want to make my own program up, in a similar way P90X is designed, but using the equipment i said.
Which way do you think is the best to design my program.

Should i do TRX one week, kb's the next week and tower 200 system the following and Changing up the exercises of each system each week.
Or combine all 3 system in one workout 3 or 4 day a week (different exercise each workout) sort of the same concept as P90X?

Which way would be better??

Lol at trying to "design" a program by randomly sticking exercises together. BTW, read my post above.

I thought this was pretty obvious, but I guess not :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back