Describe your last experience being detained by the police

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
For me, it must have been a slow night. A cop pulled me over for having 2 out of 4 small lights around my license plate out. He was a decent guy and only gave me a warning. What was your last experience with the police?

"You know why I pulled you over?" Im sorry ill slow down. "Have a good day".

My last 3 were speeding tickets. The first cop pulled me over going 95 but saved me some cash and maybe a reckless driving charge by only writing me up for 70. Other guys went by the book but weren't assholes or anything.

Worst experience was when i got a bogus littering ticket because a sheriff claimed i threw a cigarette out the window when i was riding passenger in my friends car. The cop followed us for several miles and we were well aware of his presence. We had a few ounces of weed in the car so we made a pretty focused effort not to give him a reason to pull us over. My friend went the speed limit, used out signals, and i certainly wasn't going to throw anything out the window. After about 10 minutes he pulled us over and asked my friend if he had thrown a cigarette out the window. My friend said he didn't smoke cigarettes(which is true). I said i smoke cigarettes but put it in the ashtray and i pointed to a lone cigarette in the ashtray(i typically threw them out the window back then). He took both of our ID's and then came back with a littering ticket that claimed i threw a "substance" out of the window. I pleaded not guilty and the cop didn't even show up to court and i got it dismissed. Clearly the guy was seeing if either of us had warrants or was on probation so he could search the car and only claimed he thought we littered so he can say he had a reason to pull us over when he didn't. If he thought i littered he wouldn't have asked the driver first.

That was a very scummy tactic to make up a cause to pull somebody over in hopes of stumbling on a real crime. To his credit, he would have if either of us were on probation or something.

Last edited:
"Can I see your ID?"

"Sure, here you are ... "

"ok, have a nice day"

Pretty much same as everyone else. Pulled over for something dumb. Released quickly without problems.

It was a long time ago, but it was AK in my face, and then they touched me places :icon_cry2 for narcotics.

Is normal... in Russia.

It was a long time ago, but it was AK in my face, and then they touched me places :icon_cry2 for narcotics.

Is normal... in Russia.

Sounds like someone owes you a steak dinner, Rusk...

They got called to my house for an instance unrelated to me, and, I had a warrant out and didn't realize it. After giving my name and befriending the cop, literally had a great conversation, he returned from his car with a giant frown and apologized as he arrested me.

EDIT: The worst experience was getting arrested with my sixteen year old girlfriend when I had just turned eighteen - Her parents had a restraining order on me, but, young love and all that so we kept seeing each other. Got locked up for domestic violence and put in king county for a month simply because she was at my house so they had to charge me with something. Was no violence directed at her, in fact, the opposite. She was clawing at the cops as they arrested me.

Last edited:
Are you seriously starting a thread about getting a verbal warning from a highway patrolman?

What next? Any stories about going to the grocery store?

It went smoothly. They were nice and I was nice.

I've been shot to death, many, many times for having my hands at waist level.

I spent the entire month of september behind bars.

I went through a road check once.

I was speeding through a school zone---ON ACCIDENT, MIND YOU. I was going 15mph until I passed the school, and the last road leading to the school that I could see, so I said, pfft, I guess that's it. So I went back up to 35mph. Then I see a cop pull out and pull me over.

He told me I was speeding, and I said WOOPS, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT I SWEAR.

He gave me a little 30 second spiel about how I wouldn't like it if someone was speeding while my kid was trying to cross the street, and I said yes sir.

And then he said ok, have a good day.

I got searched was asked to take my shoes off, I did, I had sweaty feet. I felt bad for the cop and apologised, he said not to worry he had been searching smack heads all day and my smelly feet was probably the highlight of his day.

good guy, wood be arrested by again 9/10

For me, it must have been a slow night. A cop pulled me over for having 2 out of 4 small lights around my license plate out. He was a decent guy and only gave me a warning. What was your last experience with the police?

Was it between the hours of, say, midnight and 4am?

Just curious. Cops seem to look for stupid reasons to pull people over around those hours. I can only assume it's because they're looking for the drunks driving home from the bars.

Back