Describe the last time you were stopped by the police.

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Was just curious of others most recent experiences with the police. My last time was a traffic stop on the way home from work about 3 weeks ago. I was pulled over and informed that both my license plate lights were out. I had no idea and the officer was very professional and decent and only gave me a warning. He didn't even give me a hassle that I did not have my physical driver's license on me, although I do have a valid license on file.

I thought this would be an interesting thread and I hope everyone else's last police interaction was as mild as mine.

I got pulled over because I threw my car into a right turn at too high a speed for a watching cop. He wasn't bad though, he just politely told me to relax

Anyone got a whiter story than that?

Pulled over for a break light. Cop was actually respect & nice but still.....

fuck-the-police-o.gif

Check point for alcohol a couple of weeks ago.

They asked me how I was doing and if I had been drinking, I told them fine and no, they wished a good night sent me on my way.

Cop leaned in close for the questions, to smell for booze I suppose, but I hadn't been drinking and was sharp.

Was just curious of others most recent experiences with the police. My last time was a traffic stop on the way home from work about 3 weeks ago. I was pulled over and informed that both my license plate lights were out. I had no idea and the officer was very professional and decent and only gave me a warning. He didn't even give me a hassle that I did not have my physical driver's license on me, although I do have a valid license on file.

I thought this would be an interesting thread and I hope everyone else's last police interaction was as mild as mine.

These are the pleasant experiences you never really hear about when it comes to cops. Like the saying on Futurama "When you've done everything right, no one will know you did anything at all" It's always the one bad experience that turns into a bunch of blown out of proportion cop hate. People dwell on it. Cops are just people. Most of my experiences have been fine. I've experienced one racist dickhead cop, but that didn't really skew my perspective on them.

me and some friends last we were walking out from this bar that has new owners. Cops pulled up and asked us how the place was.....knowing it had a bad rep before they re-did it. She was really cute and I slurred and stammered a couple times lol. She said have a goodnight and left....

Yeah Real eventful

I wasn't necessarily pulled over but...

During my senior year of high school my friends and I would take turns picking each other up and going to school.

One day Friend 1 picked up Friend 2 and I. Our school was a bit far away so we had to take the freeway there. Friend 1 was a crazy driver always speeding and shit.

So as we approach the exit of the freeway Friend 1 speed up to change lanes and make it to the exit. He was going about 85 and once we exited the freeway the red and blue lights were behind us. The cop pulled us over and came to the drivers window.

He asked us what we were doing and we told him "going to school" then he took my friends information and went back to his car. A few minutes later he came back and asked Friend 2 and I our age. We were 17 at the time, even the driver, so we weren't allowed to be driving each other because of our provisional licenses. The cop was cool though, he cut us some slack and didn't give Friend 1 the ticket for provisional which would have been very expensive. He only gave the speed ticket.

After giving the ticket the cop made Friend 1 and I get out of the car and walk to school. He followed Friend 1 all the way to school so he doesn't secretly pick us back up. It took Friend 2 and I 40 minutes to walk the rest of the way to school.

US - I was stopped because I was speeding through a burb in DFW a few years ago.

Officer: "Were you aware you were speeding/where are you going in hurry?" (Don't remember exactly what he said, but he did give me the opportunity to explain.)

Me: "Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. My mind was elsewhere. A friend of the family just died and I'm taking the family some food to sit with them." (Point at bags of food.)

A minute or two later, "Here's a warning, slow down."

Pretty similar story TS. I was at work, got asked to run a kid home, ended up getting pulled over for expired tags, apparently the kid and him were friends so I got a courteous warning. My heart sank when I realized my wallet was in my bag at work because I changed, luckily he trusted me.

The last time I was stopped by a cop had to be at least three years ago.

Got pulled over because I didn't have a front license plate. Got a fix it ticket, the guy was a huge doucher about it too.

Although i did once have a cop give me an expensive ticket for making an illegal turn out of an In N Out, which i see them do all the time..

Got pulled over in a podunk town going 9 miles over the limit, from a cop going the other way on the opposite side of the highway, 150 dollar ticket. Was complete bs as I 2
was getting passed by cars going faster than I was

I was leaving a club at 2 am. A police officer was yelling at a young woman who also just left the club. He was completely freaking out calling her a dirty whore and much worse. She was crying. I stopped to watch. It seemed likely he would hit her. I was prepared to intervene if he did.

I asked the woman's friends what was happening. The police officer was her boyfriend. He was mad that she went out without him. So I guess he tracked her down to club to harass her while on duty.

His partner then comes up to me and tells me I have to leave. I tell him that's not happening. He grabs my hand and twists it. I tell him I'm still not leaving. He twists it further. I tell him I am still not leaving. Then he says that if I don't leave immediately he will arrest me for being drunk in public, and personally make sure that I spend the night in jail completely naked.

I was relatively sure that wouldn't happen. But there was other possibilities. Like them handcuffing me, driving me to a park and beating the crap out of me. That had actually happened to a friend of mine.

So I left. I didn't have any options really. It's not like I could call the cops. And my wrist was messed up for a few weeks afterwards.

Driving right before I had surgery on my knee, tore my meniscus off the bone. Pulled a wide right at a light and got pulled into a residential neighborhood. He comes up and asks for my ID and insurance, then goes back to look up my info. When he returns, I notice that his hand is on his gun and the security strap is undone on it. He then asks me if my car is mine, I reply yes. He then asks me why my name isn't on the registration. I tell him it's my car, but that it's in my stepfather's name.

He then proceeds to ask me what is in an ibuprofen bottle I have in my cup holder (Spoiler alert: It was ibuprofen), I tell him ibuprofen, and point at my surgery orders in my front seat. He tells me to give him the bottle, and looks at it, and then tells me that he's gonna need proof that my car is my car. I am irate, and I call my stepfather. I give him the gist of what the cop said (Cop still has his hand hovering over his gun mind you) and give the cop my phone. My stepdad tears him a new asshole (I can hear it over the phone). He then gives me my phone back, steals my ibuprofen, and says that he's going to take it for chemical analysis and that there will be a warrant placed for my arrest "when" they find out what it is. Yes, he actually used the word when. He then asks if he can search my car, I tell him no, and I get a ticket.

TL;DR, I got profiled by a cop for DWB, got indirectly accused of being a drug user, was suspected of stealing my own car, and was in agony until I could get more ibuprofen for my knee.

Breath (ie alcohol) test, uneventful.

Before that,

Breath (ie alcohol) test, uneventful.

Before that,

Speeding ticket (15 and under) because I was speeding (22 over), uneventful but a bit annoying because where he was it seemed like revenue raising as opposed to a safety thing, and it was 5am on a deserted road.

"Sir you were speeding."

"Was I honey buns?"

Bow chica wawow.

No literally though I have only been pulled over once. And I was to drunk to be driving. So I was honest with the officer and he told me to get a ride home in ten minutes and I was wouldn't get arrested. I got lucky as shit. So I went back to never having a reason to be pulled over.

Back