Elections DeSantis signs bill requiring Florida Students, Professors to register their political views with FL

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Fascism alive an well and growing pretty soon the armed boots will be walking into schools to remove books, fire professors, and Students who protest. DeSantis is a fascist, Trump is a fascist a majority of the Republican party is ether fascist or to scared to stand up to it. And Steven King I hope will write horror book or movie about a future fascist US.

It's already being challenged apparently but this is Trump's supreme court could get interesting.

Seeing it was signed yesterday and this politifact was June 23 something changed. Maybe they need to update their info.

The politifact is from June 2021 because the same outrage sprang up when the bill was drafted. There’s even a thread somewhere from that time on the forum where the same conclusions were arrived at. If there was an update, I’d be interested in knowing but from what I’ve seen, it’s Twitter being Twitter.

I am trying to find the actual bill so I can read the language in it, can't seem to find it... If anyone has a link to it where it's not people pulling small quotes, would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/233/BillText/er/PDF

Think that's it if anyone wants to read it. Doing so now!
You don't need that, all you need is a tweet from Stephen King. Didn't you see it? He put a period. After. Each. Word.

That's how you know what he's saying is important.

I am trying to find the actual bill so I can read the language in it, can't seem to find it... If anyone has a link to it where it's not people pulling small quotes, would greatly appreciate it.

Edit: https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2021/233/BillText/er/PDF

Think that's it if anyone wants to read it. Doing so now!

I read the bill and the washington Post article that was posted as "proof". I think they are clearly twisting this part of the bill:

"(b) The State Board of Education shall require each 56 Florida College System institution to conduct an annual 57 assessment of the intellectual freedom and viewpoint diversity 58 at that institution. The State Board of Education shall select 59 or create an objective, nonpartisan, and statistically valid 60 survey to be used by each institution which considers the extent 61 to which competing ideas and perspectives are presented and 62 members of the college community, including students, faculty, 63 and staff, feel free to express their beliefs and viewpoints on 64 campus and in the classroom. The State Board of Education shall 65 annually compile and publish the assessments by September 1 of 66 each year, beginning on September 1, 2022. The State Board of 67 Education may adopt rules to implement this paragraph."

As you can see, the post article focuses on this, and an idiot like thread started thinks that is registering their political views. As per the opening of the post article:

" In his efforts to remake higher education in Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed laws that alter the tenure system, remove Florida universities from commonly accepted accreditation practices, and mandate annual “viewpoint diversity surveys” from students and faculty. "

OOOO, a mandatory diversity survery? How is it woke corporations and libtard schools already do shit like that and don't get called out? Oh, but what big bad Desantis wants to do it, "OMG A REPUBLICAN, SO EVIL!!"

Same dorks fall for it every single time. Lmaoooo

Desantis is gonna be a bigger threat to American democracy than Trump ever was.

I have said this actually. I like Desantis and think he would do good, I know you will disagree with that. But you seem to agree with what I said in other threads, which is that it is crazy to see people think Desantis will be more politically correct and less divisive than Trump. He is going to be a shit ton MORE divisive.

I read the bill and the washington Post article that was posted as "proof". I think they are clearly twisting this part of the bill:

"(b) The State Board of Education shall require each 56 Florida College System institution to conduct an annual 57 assessment of the intellectual freedom and viewpoint diversity 58 at that institution. The State Board of Education shall select 59 or create an objective, nonpartisan, and statistically valid 60 survey to be used by each institution which considers the extent 61 to which competing ideas and perspectives are presented and 62 members of the college community, including students, faculty, 63 and staff, feel free to express their beliefs and viewpoints on 64 campus and in the classroom. The State Board of Education shall 65 annually compile and publish the assessments by September 1 of 66 each year, beginning on September 1, 2022. The State Board of 67 Education may adopt rules to implement this paragraph."

As you can see, the post article focuses on this, and an idiot like thread started thinks that is registering their political views. As per the opening of the post article:

" In his efforts to remake higher education in Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed laws that alter the tenure system, remove Florida universities from commonly accepted accreditation practices, and mandate annual “viewpoint diversity surveys” from students and faculty. "

OOOO, a mandatory diversity survery? How is it woke corporations and libtard schools already do shit like that and don't get called out? Oh, but what big bad Desantis wants to do it, "OMG A REPUBLICAN, SO EVIL!!"

Same dorks fall for it every single time. Lmaoooo

I have said this actually. I like Desantis and think he would do good, I know you will disagree with that. But you seem to agree with what I said in other threads, which is that it is crazy to see people think Desantis will be more politically correct and less divisive than Trump. He is going to be a shit ton MORE divisive.
I do think he would be more divisive, but also in a more normalized way. Trump was a clown, an reality show actor always playing a part. Desantis is gonna normalize fascism, which is gonna be way more dangerous.

Back