News Derrick Lewis vs Chris Daukaus set to headline UFC event, December 18th

Who wins?

• Total voters
I want Daukus vs Aspinall. They have been on a collision course for the last 12 months.

I'd rather see Aspinall fight Lewis

winnable fight for Daukaus, tought to bet against Lewis tho

I'd love to see a Lewis ngannou rematch some day but that may never be in the cards, time will tell

Wow, that’s a huge step up for Daukaus. I’m taking Lewis but Chris might surprise everyone.

Yikes. Big fan of Chris and I've long felt he's a legitimate prospect, but I think in many ways Lewis is a bad stylistic match-up for him. 40-year-old Shamil fucking Abdurakhimov was badly outboxing Chris for 85% of the first round: making him swing at air, giving him zero reads, clipping him at will with cheeky counters, and basically keeping him from getting anything going in the striking exchanges. To his credit, Daukaus adjusted and managed to overcome adversity in a brutal and efficient manner. But what we saw was enough to make me suspect that that particular style of fighter -- a flat-footed, lumbering counter-striker* who is content to stare at you and wait to explode when you try to make any sort of entry or just catch you taking pictures -- would give him fits. And, well, Derrick is frankly a better striker and hits harder than Shamil.

They both have the ability to hurt each other. Daukaus has been finished via strikes by lesser fighters on the regional scene. Conversely, Lewis can get pressured and TKO'd via attrition, as has happened many times. I think Chris could pull off a win with the perfect gameplan and if he figuratively batted a thousand: blitzing in and out, pressuring Derrick relentlessly, going to the body early and often, and relying heavily on his speed advantage (both in terms of footwork and hand speed) while avoiding BB's looping counters by angling off between combinations. But his margin for error is so much smaller than Gane's was due to his shorter reach, lack of kicking game, and reliance on boxing. Hell, I'm not even sure if he could clinch up and dirty-box with Lewis as effectively as Ciryl did.

Then again, maybe I'm overstating things. Washed JDS TKO'd Lewis not so long ago and he was always heavily reliant on boxing as well.

*I know Shamil's not a pure striker, but he seemed intent not to test Daukaus's defensive grappling for whatever reason despite having solid wrestling.

Last edited:
Great fight, not sure who to pick but I'm leaning Daukaus.

I actually have Daukus here

Dont be deceived by his look. That dude moves so damn well and hits like a truck. I think he will be able to avoid BB's bomb and will fold him.

Fresh blood
I was going to post this

Good take

Favoring Daukaus due to speed and pressure

Lewis is going to knock him into bolivian.

Huge step up for Daukaus. But I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back