Derrick Lewis on fight with Francis Ngannou: It wasn't that bad.

Interviewer: Did you take a huge shit in the middle of the octagon.

Derrick: Yes. I took a huge shit in the middle of the octagon. It smelled really bad. But I've seen worse. I've smelled worse. People were over reacting.

Interviewer: But....you still took a huge shit in the middle of the octagon.

Derrick:..........It wasn't that bad.

This is how I interpret it. LOL

Tried watching it with my gf, by 2min into the 3rd round she looked like she OD'd on fent.

I actually agree with him to a degree.

It was a stinker, but we've seen dozens and dozens of stinkers across every weight class in as many years. The fact that both are known as hitters, and are giant heavyweights, is what colored it so badly.

We see what looks like sparring point fights on a pretty regular basis, I would say one every other card or so is this type of stinker. It's just far worse optics when its heavyweights and we're expecting a KO.

No just dont

No, it wasnt just rogan. There is almost universal agreement, that fight was pure trash. He needs to accept that or hes gonna lose a lot of fans.

Ya, it was. Not entirely Derrick's fault, more Ngannous fault than anything, but still, yes it was that bad.

The only reason people like Black Beast is because he posts memes on social media. He isn't even funny, he's just awkward.

Most people like him n think he’s funny. Maybe you’re the awkward one.

I like BB and Nga but it was a bad fight, no redemption to be gained here.

Paid $65 so I watched it... If was a Fight Night might have taken a nap.

I actually agree with him to a degree.

It was a stinker, but we've seen dozens and dozens of stinkers across every weight class in as many years. The fact that both are known as hitters, and are giant heavyweights, is what colored it so badly.

We see what looks like sparring point fights on a pretty regular basis, I would say one every other card or so is this type of stinker. It's just far worse optics when its heavyweights and we're expecting a KO.

No.

They got a warning from the referee for inactivity. It's super rare.
This shit was one of the worst fight ever.

Kimbo vs. Dada wasn't that bad in hindsight.

I agree 100%. Despite how technically bad & gassed within three seconds both fighters at least tried to fight as best as possible within their limitations, whilst Francis & Lewis who are both better fighters just avoided engaging. The Ken Shamrock/ Dan Severn 2 of the modern era.

it was as bad as it possibly gets....

It was terrible. Not sure why they're giving Lewis yet another PPV co-main event after that disaster.

Back