Derrick Lewis 2.0 (The Back is Fixed, The Cardio is Fixed)

Will Lewis ever get the HW belt?

• Total voters
The back is like the knees, you'll never fully recover if you fuck it up bad. I had a kung fu buddy that couldn't lift over a certain amount from a back injury he sustained at like 12.

Also lol at cardio fixed, you telling me beast is suddenly running marathons and shedding weight everywhere? You're going to be very disappointed when he gasses round one like 90% of heavyweights.

No because the back is bandaged not fixed. For whatever reason hes never going to do proper rehab on it.

I'm from toronto <45>. I'll take that as a no on the meds though :( <Moves>
Bro in college the only girls I met from Toronto were blonde thick super friendly white girls with beamers. Idk if that’s the norm where u at . But get to it !!! Them fine ass nice girls asking u how yo day and how long u been going here

Not gone lie can someone please help explain how to fix back problems .Hurt my back as a kid . I’m five foot 9 and 135 pounds 22 how can I stop them flare ups . Sometimes I gotta lay down or it gets unbearable . No bueno on pain meds . Hurts sex drive . One of y’all gotta know some work out to help

Well first of all you sound very under weight. Being that skinny can’t be good for your overall health and is definitely not good for your back.

Second, when you say you hurt your back as a kid what do you mean? You fell off a building a fractured four vertebrae’s?

What are your symptoms?

There is probably nothing physically wrong with your back. Muscle spasms, flair up, backs bitch out and hurt from time to time.

Best thing for your back is making your back stronger and not being sedatary.

Start lifting, strengthening your back slowly. I would do rack pulls mid shin and progressively add weight but any lower back extra fries would work. Your back may seize up from time to time but that doesn’t mean anything is physically wrong with you.

I’ve had back problems since I was maybe 11. Sharp pains, cramping, intense seizing. I was obese since the age of 6.

I have four herniated disks. One in the neck three in the lower back. 5mm each.

I’ve deadlifted 500 pounds squatted 405, played soccer, boxed. Some days by back hurts. You ignore it and do what you can till the pain subsides.

The less I workout the more it hurts.

D
Well first of all you sound very under weight. Being that skinny can’t be good for your overall health and is definitely not good for your back.

Second, when you say you hurt your back as a kid what do you mean? You fell off a building a fractured four vertebrae’s?

What are your symptoms?

There is probably nothing physically wrong with your back. Muscle spasms, flair up, backs bitch out and hurt from time to time.

Best thing for your back is making your back stronger and not being sedatary.

Start lifting, strengthening your back slowly. I would do rack pulls mid shin and progressively add weight but any lower back extra fries would work. Your back may seize up from time to time but that doesn’t mean anything is physically wrong with you.

I’ve had back problems since I was maybe 11. Sharp pains, cramping, intense seizing. I was obese since the age of 6.

I have four herniated disks. One in the neck three in the lower back. 5mm each.

I’ve deadlifted 500 pounds squatted 405, played soccer, boxed. Some days by back hurts. You ignore it and do what you can till the pain subsides.

The less I workout the more it hurts.
damn man I apperciate that , and at age 9 a 300 pound man fell of a roof directly on me . Not to high of a roof but collapsed right on me .

D

damn man I apperciate that , and at age 9 a 300 pound man fell of a roof directly on me . Not to high of a roof but collapsed right on me .

Do you know what’s wrong with the back?

Black Beast is a hell of a guy, seems like a genuinely good person but......never gon be champion breh. Ain't good enough.

He'll put on some bad ass fights for us though. The HW division needs guys like Lewis that wanna scrap and actually have a personality.

So he got a nerve block? Temporary at best.

He should try active isolated stretching. Put 3 herniated discs back in place for me after nerve blocks stopped working

Not gone lie can someone please help explain how to fix back problems .Hurt my back as a kid . I’m five foot 9 and 135 pounds 22 how can I stop them flare ups . Sometimes I gotta lay down or it gets unbearable . No bueno on pain meds . Hurts sex drive . One of y’all gotta know some work out to help

AIS
http://www.stretchingusa.com

You're welcome

I hope his back is fixed. He seems like a good dude and when he's on in the cage he's a scary dude.

No, I seriously doubt he'll ever hold the belt but he can definitely be a contender and he can definitely put on some exciting fights if he can get this back issue straightened out.

Volkov will just jab him all night. Volkov via boring decision and money on over 2.5

Not necessarily. there is a procedure called 'dry needling' where the needle themselves are the treatment. There is not drug injected. It causes trigger points to dissipate supposedly. Its sort of equivalent to a deep tissue sports massage.
Dry needling is about as temporary a fix as you can get. It's essentially just accupuncture and is great for releasing tension in the muscles.

If he's talking about cortisone injections, that's also temporary, albeit giving longer relief. It zaps all inflammation.

The only other needle he could have got is dextrose shots. They shoot glucose into soft tissue which causes an immune response to break up stubborn inflammation.

I've had all three various times in my lower back. They serve their purpose, but they are all temporary. BB needs surgery. I'm not sure why he doesn't just bite the bullet and get his L4 & L5 fused.

I've got a ruptured disc and a slipped vertebrae, and all those needles just gave me temporary relief. BB has massive ruptures apparently, and no needles can 'fix' that. Just get the fusion and sit out for 6 months.

Dry needling is about as temporary a fix as you can get. It's essentially just accupuncture and is great for releasing tension in the muscles.

If he's talking about cortisone injections, that's also temporary, albeit giving longer relief. It zaps all inflammation.

The only other needle he could have got is dextrose shots. They shoot glucose into soft tissue which causes an immune response to break up stubborn inflammation.

I've had all three various times in my lower back. They serve their purpose, but they are all temporary. BB needs surgery. I'm not sure why he doesn't just bite the bullet and get his L4 & L5 fused.

I've got a ruptured disc and a slipped vertebrae, and all those needles just gave me temporary relief. BB has massive ruptures apparently, and no needles can 'fix' that. Just get the fusion and sit out for 6 months.

A lot can go wrong with a fusion and can also make things worse .... if his symptoms are manageable and can avoid the surgery then that would be ideal ...

I have spondylothesis grade 1 and I’m managing fine.

Cortisone shots helped me.
They helped bursitis in my shoulder, but bursitis is literally packets of inflammation.

Cortisone is notoriously ineffective for back injuries because its typically not inflammation fucking everything up in serious back injuries...it's ruptured discs spilling fluid into spinal canals of the CNS. Or vertebrae slipping out of place pressing on nerves.

I'm in my early 30s and myself and about 4 of my friends and my brother have all had back surgery or awaiting back surgery. All of us unanimously agreed that cortisone shots did shit all. Even the surgeon told me that before giving me the shots. It's a last ditch effort to buy you some relief.

Back