Dern is officialy Brazilian

Nina seems brazillian now too, going by Nunes last name as a fighter is a joke.

Well, yes. But she is also American. Born in Phoenix lived there all the way through high school

I have went over why he accent got strong plenty of times in these forums lol. I've known he since she was young and she was one of my main training partner for years.

They just called her a 'rising contender from Brazil' in the intro.
Congrats!

Edit; they have the Brazilian flag under her name as well. They're really running with this lol.
upload_2021-4-10_15-46-59.png
Don't hate on Mackenzie. She "Moved back and fourth" between Brazil and AZ. It's funny reading her Wiki. Her quotes seem to try to back up her accent transition. There's a part that states she is more fluent in Portuguese than English. Sadly for her she grew up taking videos of herself.

I have went over why he accent got strong plenty of times in these forums lol. I've known he since she was young and she was one of my main training partner for years.

I didn’t say anything about her accent. Just saying she is duel citizen. I have no issue with Dern. I identify as Sirrea Leonean despite being born in the US. I know what it is like to be bi-cultural

I didn’t say anything about her accent. Just saying she is duel citizen. I have no issue with Dern. I identify as Sirrea Leonean despite being born in the US. I know what it is like to be bi-cultural

She is dual but she spent most of her late teens and adult hood in Brazil . She has only been around brazilians after HS.

People are just triggered because a white girl likes Brazil more than Murica. Land of the psychos and mass shootinngs

giphy.gif

Who the fuck cares where she's from? It's pretty funny how every time she fights a bunch of anti-Dern threads come out of the woodwork. Meanwhile, she came to this fight in the best shape of her career and dominated another top 10 fighter in the SW division.

Haters gonna hate, but she's one of the most talented female fighters out there. You'd think fight fans would appreciate some of that stuff. But nope, it's "She has a big nose", "She has a fake accent", "Jerry Seinfeld" and "Fat chick blah blah blah".

The funniest part is she just keeps winning and you keep hating even more.

Whats really the issue ?
Does anyone have a problem with the
Overeem being Dutch?
Dude was born and raised in England until age 6, mother from Holland and father British/ Jamaican ( father still lives in UK to this day.
Seems some Americans have a problem accepting people accepting their roots which is hilarious and ironic considering the place is half full of fake plastic irishman and italians who have never stepped foot there and probably their parents and grandparents haven't either

Whats really the issue ?
Does anyone have a problem with the
Overeem being Dutch?
Dude was born and raised in England until age 6, mother from Holland and father British/ Jamaican ( father still lives in UK to this day.
Seems some Americans have a problem accepting people accepting their roots which is hilarious and ironic considering the place is half full of fake plastic irishman and italians who have never stepped foot there and probably their parents and grandparents haven't either

Actually, Overeem’s father is 100% Jamaican but used to live in the UK. He currently lives in Jamaica btw. He appeared in The Reem documentary.

as for the thread... who cares really. She is half portuguese and half american.

Actually, Overeem’s father is 100% Jamaican but used to live in the UK. He currently lives in Jamaica btw. He appeared in The Reem documentary.

as for the thread... who cares really. She is half portuguese and half american.
I stand corrected but point remains.
Agreed. Shs is no doubt half american too but its not for anyone to argue and decide what she " is".

I feel like people really care way too much about where people are from these days lol is it really that serious? Clearly her dad is Brazilian and she went to Brazil a lot over the years

Back