Dern is absolutely ripped...

Didnt she moved to 125? My bad, got confused after she fought a SW at FLW (123lbs catchweight) lol, going to her wiki she did fought at 125 in the past, but i had the idea she had been fighting at 125 a couple of times, she looks more muscular.
It's true that she is a real SW now. Looked like she's taking this seriously.

How did someone who struggled with weight issues, have a kid and then come back looking like a body builder?

Pretty incredible transformation

She is a fucking wizard on the ground. Jesus...

Having a child has really changed her. It’s really inspiring to see

Her ass was amazing when she missed weight :^)
good WMMA fight. Why the hell was Nina the favorite?

Before this fight Makenzie Dern had shit takedowns. Everyone was stuffing her takedowns. Even scrubs like Yoder were able to defend against her. Dern usually got girls down using luck. Plus Dern’s striking was pretty terrible.

On the other hand Nina was making it difficult for Tatiana Surez, by far the most talented wrestle in WMMA, to get takedowns on her. And Nina’s strength has always been her striking.

General consensus was that Nina would stuff Dern’s takedowns rather easily and light Den up on the feet.

However Makenzie Dern has been making TREMENDOUS leaps in her overall game in-between fights. This was a really impressive showing for Dern if you have been following her career. She looks like a completely different fighter

Last edited:
She probably wanted to lose the baby weight, got into a diet and exercise routine, then never looked back. It's the power of habit.

This was her before having a kid

L26KbFl.jpg

ConsiderateFearlessHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

Ripped and bodybuilder is a bit much. She's still a tiny woman. She just lost some weight, maybe gained a bit of muscle too, but she isn't jacked or huge by any means. A lot of times losing body fat will make you look more muscular because you can actually see the muscle definition. She probably realized that she wasn't taking her weight and S&C seriously and wasn't going to be competitive unless she was at 115lbs. Maybe the baby motivated her to take her career more seriously, since she has an extra mouth to feed.

This is from today:

sdfgdfgg54.gif

LfWcJVC.jpg

Having a child has really changed her. It’s really inspiring to see

Before this fight Makenzie Dern had shit takedowns. Everyone was stuffing her takedowns. Even scrubs like Yoder were able to defend against her. Dern usually got girls down using luck. Plus Dern’s striking was pretty terrible.

On the other hand Nina was making it difficult for Tatiana Surez, by far the most talented wrestle in WMMA, to get takedowns on her. And Nina’s strength has always been her striking.

General consensus was that Nina would stuff Dern’s takedowns rather easily and light Den up on the feet.

However Makenzie Dern has been making TREMENDOUS leaps in her overall game in-between fights. This was a really impressive showing for Dern if you have been following her career. She looks like a completely different fighter
That sums it up well.

She looks like a fighter now, and when she started she looked like a BJJ black belt trying out MMA.

Her ground game was always top shelf I knew she'll either get the submission or dominate on the ground. Too soon for Nina to come back and fight dern.

i think she is ready to have pro fight now

Parillo is doing a fantastic job with her tbh. She's looking massively improved every time. I said it in the PBP thread but Big Mac with decent takedowns is a problem.

Kinda wish Joanna had done what Dern did after her first loss. She talked about being afraid of getting jacked cause she wanted a kid and was afraid of side effects. Boyfriend fucked that up.

Meh at this point if you aren't getting jacked you aren't really going to be competitive professionally.

Good for Dern. She knows what she has to do to win.

Must have been focusing on “clean eating”, good for her.

I’m not a fan of the eye test, but if one aspect of it is legit, it’s the fact that capped shoulders almost always = not natty
95% of men over 6'3" have naturally capped shoulders. What you're referring to is 100% bro science with no basis in reality.

I already miss the full boobies and jiggling booty. However for her career as a fighter she's doing what she needs to. Committing to keeping herself in top shape gives her the best chance at accomplishing what she's shooting for.

Parillo is doing a fantastic job with her tbh. She's looking massively improved every time. I said it in the PBP thread but Big Mac with decent takedowns is a problem.
I saw some training footage of her working on head movement and was impressed with her progress.

Big Mac with takedowns and head movement is a serious problem.

I still think Ribas is a horrible fight for her but Dern looked good here

Back