Derek Lewis vs Big Nog

I'd take Lewis prime for prime
Nog has better jitz yes but Lewis is extremely hard to submit. Only guy who's done it is Cormier and that was cause he wore him down with take downs and ground and pound. When guys take him down and try to work a more pure grappling game he does much better at surviving
So yeah I take Lewis to weather the storm on the ground if taken down and KO Nog on the feet
I've always said Lewis is a guy who can beat basically anybody and lose to anybody. He's extremely dangerous and vulnerable but his losses usually come to guys who are faster in the stand up

Nog has better jitz yes but Lewis is extremely hard to submit. Only guy who's done it is Cormier and that was cause he wore him down with take downs and ground and pound. When guys take him down and try to work a more pure grappling game he does much better at surviving
So yeah I take Lewis to weather the storm on the ground if taken down and KO Nog on the feet
I've always said Lewis is a guy who can beat basically anybody and lose to anybody. He's extremely dangerous and vulnerable but his losses usually come to guys who are faster in the stand up

Delusional

Any version of Nog (besides right before he retired) beats Lewis. Derrick Lewis has unbelievably poor balance which plays right into Nog's underrated trips. Clinch, takedown, sub, easy.

Pride Nog honestly could win a boxing decision over Lewis as well pretty handily. Modern day fans have probably only seen clips of Nog taking damage/getting miracle subs and think he always fought like that which is very untrue. Nog had great boxing and was not the zombie you saw in his later years. Lewis' success is a result of the HW division being an absolute graveyard in modern day.

And DC is a master at getting people down. Nog was not as good even in his prime.

I'd still go with Nog. But I don't think it was the breeze some posters here are saying.

Whereas I knew DC would beat him with ease.

Prime Nog jabs him, gets clocked and dropped once or twice, but ultimately destroys and submits him on the ground.

Lewis would send Nog's chin into the upper echelons of Saitama Super Arena and anybody arguing otherwise is just being nostalgic.

Gotta go nog..

Lewis is absolutely powerful but not atg powerful.. prime nog is atg durable/skillful.. i'd guess nog in a hard fought 4tg rd sub..

If they fought now? Lewis. Prime for Prime, edge to Nog but I think Lewis would be more likely to put Nog's lights out than Nog catching Lewis in a sub without rocking him first.

And DC is a master at getting people down. Nog was not as good even in his prime.

I'd still go with Nog. But I don't think it was the breeze some posters here are saying.

Whereas I knew DC would beat him with ease.

Prime Big Nog took down everyone he fought. Guys with more skill and power in the clinch than bummy ass Lewis. Including peak Fedor, peak Barnett, and peak Sergei. Not to mention the fact that Nog out boxed peak Sergei who would have used Lewis as a punching bag.

This thread really illustrates how dumb UFC fans are. Lewis would have a 10% chance of beating peak Nog and even that's generous.

I actually think Lewis takes him out. Despite having the cleaner hands, nog is too hittable for a guy like Lewis and hasn't always had the best takedowns. Still though Lewis has a tendency to quit or not show up in big fights so in that regard I could favor nog in the later rounds via sub.

It's definitely a pickem sort of fight

I think it's a close one...

Nog was the better fighter, but Lewis has beaten plenty of guys that are 'better' than him.

Absolute prime vs absolute prime? I'd pick Nog, but there'd be some hairy moments for sure. Lewis does not go easily into that good night, particularly in terms of submissions...

I actually think Lewis takes him out. Despite having the cleaner hands, nog is too hittable for a guy like Lewis and hasn't always had the best takedowns. Still though Lewis has a tendency to quit or not show up in big fights so in that regard I could favor nog in the later rounds via sub.

It's definitely a pickem sort of fight

Big Nog took down peak Fedor, took down peak Barnett and took down peak Sergei and he'd take bummy Lewis down pretty easily too. UFC fans are the dumbest fans in all of sports.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back