News Derek Brunson vs. Jared Canonnier Set For Jan. 22

Who Wins?

• Derek Brunson

• Jared Cannonier

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good match making imo. Im picking cannonier but could see this going either way

Cannonier ends the streak, TKO, in the first half of the fight.

Brunsons had a really great resurgence (and perhaps I've always underated him) and I was shocked when he destroyed Till ... But it's over, Cannoneir by TKO . Brunsons gonna have to spend some time on the feet in this one and I just don't see him surviving .

Last edited:
This has gotta be for a title shot. Very interesting style matchup.
Makes sense. They're #'s 3 &4. #1 Bobby is getting his shot and #2 Costa hasn't done anything since embarrassingly dropping his shot over a year ago.

Momentum wise, I'd like to see Brunson come out on top here

Cannonier has some wrestling and strength, so the Brunson gameplan of late could be tough. Brunson can keep grinding though round after round. I like that he's pretty much the only wrestler in the division. Outlasts opponents. Wins if he doesn't get caught with those slow hook entries where his chin is up. Same in this.

Surprised so many are going Brunson. Has Cannonier ever been grapple-fucked in the UFC?

Love Jared, he beat my man Silva bad.

But unless you’re a future champ…. It’s hard to beat Brunson. And I sort of thought after he beat the hell out of Anderson Silva, Jared would be champ, but lately, I’m not feeling the same.

Brunson via UD
I kind of got the same feeling for some reason. Cannonier is 4-1 at MW in the UFC. I thought he looked great beating Branch, Anderson & Hermanson. Whittaker made him look a level below but he came back against Kelvin and looked terrific. I think this fight will reveal the next MW title challenger. Whichever wins should get the next shot.

I will say this, If Brunson wins this fight he deserves a title shot even if Israel loses to Whittaker because we know how the UFC loves rematches.

hopefully brunson keeps the blonde sisqo hair

otherwise i fear that the commentary team will be confused. its gonna be worse than the geoff niel / neal magny fight

Back