Dereck Chisora vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by power-athlete, Oct 8, 2010.

1. power-athlete

power-athlete pro sherdog poster

2. McMurder

McMurder Blue Belt

probably not gonna watch either Klitschko fight,as a boxing fan it seems more like a chore than anything else. Well maybe I will watch Vitali, he is way more exciting than Wlad imo.

3. njackets

njackets Blue Belt

I wonder if Wlad will get as much shit as Haye's got for fighting Audley amongst the boxing hardcore?

4. ThirdPartyView

ThirdPartyView Keeping Jack Dempsey from ducking

Given that he's actually tried to get fights against the top guys and was turned down and is now looking at the 2nd/3rd tier for a 'stay busy' fight whereas Haye talked a ton of smack and kept on giving weak excuses to not fight Wlad or Vitali, I don't see why he should?

5. nip102

nip102 Purple Belt

this won't happen warren ain't dumb

6. ThirdPartyView

I tend to agree - we're more likely to see Dimitrenko fight Wlad than Chisora at this point.

7. njackets

njackets Blue Belt

Thats a fair enough point, but Haye was still getting shit for fighting someone on the 2nd/3rd tier at least Haye has money as an excuse and the fact that this will be a massive fight in the UK the comparison is still there.

8. ThirdPartyView

Actually, it's not comparable at all: Haye is one of the first tier guys who has talked up a big game of "I'll decapitate both Quitschko brothers at the same time!" and talked enough smack that even guys like Lennox Lewis were going "Welp, he has to fight them now given the shit he's been tossing their way and the fact that they accepted his de facto challenge." Instead, he pulls out of a fight against Vitali citing a mysterious (back?) injury and quickly turned around and faced Valuev for his trinket instead.

Hell, we don't shit talk Adamek for taking back-to-back clear step down fights from Arreola in Grant and Maddalone because he hasn't been talking a big game like Haye has been talking (without any interest at all in actually fighting, at that). The problem isn't perse the quality of Haye's opponent, it's that Haye claims he's the greatest ever, can kill both Klitschkos with one punch, etc. and then puts his tail between his legs and runs away on at least 3-4 occasions rather than face either of them. The same can't be said for the Klitschkos who have actually cleaned up HW pretty thoroughly and are just now reaching 'bottom of the barrel' contenders in Briggs and (possibly) Chisora. Totally different animals.