Der Spiegel: Assad is developing Nuclear Weapons

dannialn

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Evidence Points to Syrian Push for Nuclear Weapons
According to IAEA research, Syria possesses up to 50 tons of natural uranium, enough material for three to five bombs once the enrichment procedure is completed.

The Institute for Science and International Security in Washington D.C. likewise has strong indications for the existence of such stockpiles and expressed its concern in September 2013. "This large stock of natural uranium metal poses nuclear proliferation risks," the institute wrote. "It could be obtained by organizations such as Hezbollah or al-Qaida or undeclared nuclear programs of states such as Iran."

According to findings of Western intelligence agencies, however, the situation is much more explosive than previously assumed. Based on documents that SPIEGEL has in its possession, the agencies are convinced that Assad is continuing in his efforts to build the bomb.

Analysts say that the Syrian atomic weapon program has continued in a secret, underground location. According to information they have obtained, approximately 8,000 fuel rods are stored there. Furthermore, a new reactor or an enrichment facility has very likely been built at the site -- a development of incalculable geopolitical consequences...

Seems very far fetched tbh, especially at this time. And the fact that the 'evidence' are "secret information obtained by SPIEGEL". Although, if Assad was developing it before the civil war broke, I can imagine that it's something hard to just 'stop'. The part where they talk about Hezbollah involvement is very alarming, just imagining the possible consequences.

ps. Cue, zionists false flag, jew media, western colonialism etc

Last edited:
I thought Israel hit their nuclear facility in 2007 and, combined with the dismantling of the Khan network, that'd put an end to it.?

I thought Israel hit their nuclear facility in 2007 and, combined with the dismantling of the Khan network, that'd put an end to it.?

Read the article, it goes in depth on the Israeli attack and how Assad allegedly managed to keep the program alive.
Also, it states that ISIS suggested the IAEA to inspect the sites that Assad declined to be inspected, when they were under ISIS control. That would've been one of the biggest lol moments in modern geopolitics imo.

Hmm. Interesting. Sounds all too plausible unfortunately.

Bollocks

Dude doesn't even have control over vast swaths of his country.

lol

secret source=we talked to Syrian opposition guys and they said Assad has Nukes.

media have made up so much shit about Assad/Iran already i dont believe anything

where is Assads hot british wife......the US wants to over throw Syria and Assad so it funds isis and al queda to attack Syria...But then has to kill isis when they r pushed back in Syria and want to take iraq back...

There is no way in hell that Syria would be able to develop a nuclear weapon in their civil war at this time.

Moreover, if they did have one, and used it on the Islamic State? Would it really -matter-?

Frankly, I would not care if they dropped a tactical nuke on an Islamic state stronghold. Tactical nukes would be pretty awful for fighting the insurgency, though.

Great post. Would suck if true, but def plausible

Ty

And why wouldn't he - he was almost targeted and overthrown by proxies of the west. Only way to guarantee your security as leader would be a nuke.

I doubt Assad could build a toaster oven at this point in Syria's economic development.

where is Assads hot british wife......the US wants to over throw Syria and Assad so it funds isis and al queda to attack Syria...But then has to kill isis when they r pushed back in Syria and want to take iraq back...

She's not actually British British, she is British of Syrian descent.

This is old news, and their nuclear power program was directly attacked by Israel. They had, as far as I could tell, a legitimate program, and no capability whatsoever of producing nuclear weapons. Whatever that capability might have been would be even less now. The United States should also have no standing on the issue of nonproliferation, as we have repeatedly violated our own commitments.

lol what a joke. the easiest way to instill fear in the public is bringing up unsupported claims of destructive weapons

lol

secret source=we talked to Syrian opposition guys and they said Assad has Nukes.

media have made up so much shit about Assad/Iran already i dont believe anything

This. It just reminds me of, "Iraq has WMD's they can deploy in 45 minutes!":rolleyes:

lol what a joke. the easiest way to instill fear in the public is bringing up unsupported claims of destructive weapons

yep..the media these days are biased and pretty much full of shit, troubling thing is... if the majority believe the bs, the majority rules.

No 1 aint nuking nothing, guarantee it :icon_chee

Read the article, it goes in depth on the Israeli attack and how Assad allegedly managed to keep the program alive.
Also, it states that ISIS suggested the IAEA to inspect the sites that Assad declined to be inspected, when they were under ISIS control. That would've been one of the biggest lol moments in modern geopolitics imo.

This makes no sense. If ISIS had stumbled upon a secret cache of Syrian nukes then surely the IAEA would be the last people they would inform as this would lead to immediate action form the US et al to prevent those weapons being used in terrorist acts against the west.

This makes no sense. If ISIS had stumbled upon a secret cache of Syrian nukes then surely the IAEA would be the last people they would inform as this would lead to immediate action form the US et al to prevent those weapons being used in terrorist acts against the west.

Having a nuclear weapons program is a long way from having a cache of nukes.

Back