Dept of Homeland Security: “The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history."

Volador

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
And further down their official statement:

"There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/1...ture-government-coordinating-council-election

Officials already being fired:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/politics/dhs-officials-forced-resign-white-house/index.html

Trump keeps taking L's. I fully expect a new narrative to be made up, about how the DHS and the CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, which by the way, was created by Trump himself in 2018) are part of the "deep state" and "a vast conspiracy", again without proof. And I expect some hardcore Trumpians to eat it up.

I would hope that there are enough reasonable people among the 70mil who voted Trump that see through this delusional attempt to undermine democracy. I understand that Trump is an authoritarian that will do anything possible to establish a made up narrative regardless of reality, it's the willingness of his followers to believe it that is truly crazy.

I wonder if things will go back to normal after January, or if people will grow accustomed to believing facts don't exist and that reality is free to be made up in whichever way, so that it aligns with the interests of a particular group one belongs to. And this goes for both the right and the left.

Last edited:
Started out interesting.... until I saw Jim Acosta. From there, the post devolved into TDS megathread material. Sad.

Government institutions are known for their honesty. I think Biden won legit but lol at any of these government crooks having any credibility.

It's too big of a conspiracy for everyone to stay quiet. If nothing comes to light by January its pretty safe to assume it was legit.

For now though I remain skeptical.

Started out interesting.... until I saw Jim Acosta. From there, the post devolved into TDS megathread material. Sad.

Lol... feel free to disregard Acosta if you want. Even if he hates Trump, do you think his Krebs quote sounds implausible? Read the official statement. CISA and DHS are government agencies, not media.

And further down their official statement:

"There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised."

https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/1...ture-government-coordinating-council-election

Officials already being fired:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/politics/dhs-officials-forced-resign-white-house/index.html

Trump keeps taking L's. I fully expect a new narrative to be made up, about how the DHS and the CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) are part of the "deep state" and "a vast conspiracy", again without proof. And I expect some hardcore Trumpians to eat it up.

I would hope that there are enough reasonable people among the 70mil who voted Trump that see through this delusional attempt to undermine democracy. I understand that Trump is an authoritarian that will do anything possible to establish a made up narrative regardless of reality, it's the willingness of his followers to believe it that is truly crazy.

I wonder if things will go back to normal after January, or if people will grow accustomed to believing facts don't exist and that reality is free to be made up in whichever way, so that it aligns with the interests of a particular group one belongs to. And this goes for both the right and the left.

"I wonder if things will go back to normal after January."

Nah. MAGA Hatters aren't just going to go cold turkey off of their madness.

"It is doubtful whether the fanatic who deserts his holy cause or is suddenly left without one can ever adjust...to an autonomous...existence. He remains a homeless hitch hiker on the highways of the world thumbing a ride on any eternal cause that rolls by...He is even ready to join...against his former...cause, but it must be a genuine crusade- uncompromising, intolerant, proclaiming the one and only truth...

Though his single-minded dedication is a holding on for dear life, he easily sees himself as the supporter and defender of the holy cause to which he clings...He cannot be weaned away from his cause by an appeal to his reason or moral sense. But he finds no difficulty in swinging suddenly and wildly from one holy cause to another. He cannot be convinced but only converted."

Regardless of what you may think of the election, is it not a bit troubling that so many rush to agree/disagree with such "official statements", based on nothing more than their political bias?

This is how dictatorships are built.

"I wonder if things will go back to normal after January."

Nah. MAGA Hatters aren't just going to go cold turkey off of their madness.

"It is doubtful whether the fanatic who deserts his holy cause or is suddenly left without one can ever adjust...to an autonomous...existence. He remains a homeless hitch hiker on the highways of the world thumbing a ride on any eternal cause that rolls by...He is even ready to join...against his former...cause, but it must be a genuine crusade- uncompromising, intolerant, proclaiming the one and only truth...

Though his single-minded dedication is a holding on for dear life, he easily sees himself as the supporter and defender of the holy cause to which he clings...He cannot be weaned away from his cause by an appeal to his reason or moral sense. But he finds no difficulty in swinging suddenly and wildly from one holy cause to another. He cannot be convinced but only converted."

I agree with you. Although far leftists took their desire to antagonize Trumpians way too hard, and many of them are completely crazy as well. Even if I disagree, I don't think being against abortion, being bothered by social media censorship and PC culture, or by the unwillingess to condemn looting/rioting, things of that sort, make one a bad person. And I can see how that could make someone vote Republican. No need to alienate each other. But sadly I'm not sure how many people see it that way. Trump certainly doesn't, which fucked things up in the first place.

Last edited:
Regardless of what you may think of the election, is it not a bit troubling that so many rush to agree/disagree with such "official statements", based on nothing more than their political bias?

This is Trump's government. Wasn't he supposed to drain the swamp? It's been 4 years. At the very least, if there are people this high up in the federal government lying about the integrity of our elections to hurt Trump, Trump has failed in his mission to drain the swamp.

I mean, it's only an additional factor in a long list. There isn't any solid evidence, they've lost several lawsuits, and they announced they were gonna claim fraud, even before the election happened. It's a joke and they're just wasting people's time, plus creating potential unrest, for no reason. And for a serious claim like "the election was rigged" you need serious evidence, and there isn't any. Dictatorships are created by not respecting the electoral process.

CISA was created by Trump himself, and they don't even entertain this BS, doesn't that tell you anything?:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles...ericas-first-cybersecurity-strategy-15-years/

The DHS director is a Republican placed by Trump, who even sided with Trump in the whole Russia thing, and they publish this statement in the middle of his baseless accusations, doesn't tell you anything?

https://apnews.com/article/confirma...chive-russia-da8813d398056ca45413240f9c72482d

Lol. This is another hilarious thread.

Sounds like something Rogan would say.
"once in a lifetime secure"

This is Trump's government. Wasn't he supposed to drain the swamp? It's been 4 years. At the very least, if there are people this high up in the federal government lying about the integrity of our elections to hurt Trump, Trump has failed in his mission to drain the swamp.
Drain the swamp and then does what every other president has done, putting big donors in high positions like Vince McMahon's wife. Trump is a fucking clown.

Sounds like something Rogan would say.
"once in a lifetime secure"

I think they sent the counting machines to a Cuban doctor, and he found that the cables were thicker and more jacked than any machine he'd ever seen. Mindblowing stuff.

I mean, it's only an additional factor in a long list. There isn't any solid evidence, they've lost several lawsuits, and they announced they were gonna claim fraud, even before the election happened. It's a joke and they're just wasting people's time, plus creating potential unrest, for no reason. And for a serious claim like "the election was rigged" you need serious evidence, and there isn't any. Dictatorships are created by not respecting the electoral process.

CISA was created by Trump himself, and they don't even entertain this BS, doesn't that tell you anything?:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/articles...ericas-first-cybersecurity-strategy-15-years/

The DHS director is a Republican placed by Trump, who even sided with Trump in the whole Russia thing, and they publish this statement in the middle of his baseless accusations, doesn't tell you anything?

https://apnews.com/article/confirma...chive-russia-da8813d398056ca45413240f9c72482d

Sure, but you're missing the point. That being, that whether or not you trust them relies 100% on your political affiliation. They're Trump guys, and the sole reason the left gives them the time of day, is because they're telling them what they want to hear. If they said the opposite, you would have quite a different makeup of the people believing them. People only believe/don't believe them based entirely on political affiliation. Liberals would believe Trump 100% if he all of a sudden started whispering sweet nothings into their ears, and vice versa.

It's not a good sign.

Back