Depressed about machida fighting tomorrow...

Out struck by Phil Davis lmao. He’s way out of his prime. He didn’t throw any punches tonight. Looked slow. Please retire to keep any shred of your legacy intact Lyoto. 0-3 in rematches is not a good look

To be fair, Davis doesn't look so good either. I think he'd have a decent chance at the Bellator LHW belt if he'd go back to wrestling. He may beat Machida now due to a big age/speed advantage, but the Lyoto who beat Rashad Evans would destroy him.

To be fair, Davis doesn't look so good either. I think he'd have a decent chance at the Bellator LHW belt if he'd go back to wrestling. He may beat Machida now due to a big age/speed advantage, but the Lyoto who beat Rashad Evans would destroy him.
I agree my man.

Reactions: mkt
I still thought he won round 1 and 3 watching it live. I had the sound off though lol. But that shouldn’t have made to much of a difference. Didn’t machida land a bunch of good body kicks and leg kicks in round 1? All I saw Phil land were those push kicks to the body and a few leg kicks. Teep kicks aren’t a real devastating strike.

Last edited:
MMA is just full of unintelligent judges and unintelligent fans that don’t know how to score fights. Rewatched it and NO WAY did Davis outstrike him in round 1 or 3

MMA is just full of unintelligent judges and unintelligent fans that don’t know how to score fights. Rewatched it and NO WAY did Davis outstrike him in round 1 or 3

This time I actually think Davis won. His kicks seemed to have more force behind them. The counter right + Lyoto stumble made an impression on the judges. It's actually the same counter Shogun used on Machida, but Phil doesn't hit like Shogun.

That was just an awful fight and the main reason why MMA fans could care less about that fight. I'm guessing the ratings will show that.

That was just an awful fight and the main reason why MMA fans could care less about that fight. I'm guessing the ratings will show that.
Dumb matchmaking.

1st fight was a stalemate - let's make a rematch! :/

Dumb matchmaking.

Yeah, I really had no interest in this fight at all and Machida (and Fedor) are my favorite fighters. Really, I just have no interest in any Phil Davis fight. Him vs Nemkov again will suck. Hopefully Nemkov puts him away this time for good.

I'm getting ready to watch Machida vs Davis 2, got it loaded up, but I am not expecting anything.

It wasn't exciting, but slightly better than I was expecting from what people were saying.

Round 1: Machida (he had great low kick counters to Phil's kicks, something new to his game)
Round 2: Davis (he landed the harder shots, though it was a slow round)
Round 3: Machida (not much happened until the end where Machida landed a few decent shots)

I scored it 29-28 Machida, but in fights like this where not much happens a draw should be used. No one really won or lost.

Dumb matchmaking.

Not that it matters, but do you remember when you and I discussed Masvidal vs. McGregor?

On top of the fact that McGregor keeps insisting that he's retired, he's been getting himself in all sorts of problems with the courts lately (especially in Corsica).

In an MMA fight, I keep thinking that the 2020 iteration of Masvidal would give so many nightmares to the 2020 iteration of McGregor.

Any Boxing fight between Masvidal and McGregor might make some things different. I won't guarantee anything inside of a Boxing fight.

Any Kickboxing/Glory/K-1/Muay Thai fight between Masvidal and McGregor might make some things different. I won't guarantee anything inside of a Kickboxing/Glory/K-1/Muay Thai fight.

Anything is possible. Maybe an MMA fight between Masvidal and McGregor will happen in 2021 (or another year).

Not that it matters, but do you remember when you and I discussed Masvidal vs. McGregor?

On top of the fact that McGregor keeps insisting that he's retired, he's been getting himself in all sorts of problems with the courts lately (especially in Corsica).

In an MMA fight, I keep thinking that the 2020 iteration of Masvidal would give so many nightmares to the 2020 iteration of McGregor.

Any Boxing fight between Masvidal and McGregor might make some things different. I won't guarantee anything inside of a Boxing fight.

Any Kickboxing/Glory/K-1/Muay Thai fight between Masvidal and McGregor might make some things different. I won't guarantee anything inside of a Kickboxing/Glory/K-1/Muay Thai fight.

Anything is possible. Maybe an MMA fight between Masvidal and McGregor will happen in 2021 (or another year).
No way Con faces Mas IMO.
Mas smokes Con.

No way Con faces Mas IMO.
Mas smokes Con.

The only chance that McGregor has is waiting for Masvidal to become a dinosaur.

Masvidal is currently 35 years old. He's no spring chicken.

I wouldn't say that Masvidal is a spring chicken even if he was in the Heavyweight Division and the Light Heavyweight Division.

For someone like Masvidal (who's in the Welterweight Division and he used to be in the Lightweight Division), the TIME IS NOW. He should try to have as many MMA fights as possible now.

Also, Masvidal should NEVER EVEN THINK about having a Boxing fight against Santos Saúl Álvarez Barragán.

Most probably, Santos Saúl Álvarez Barragán will DECAPITATE Masvidal in a Boxing fight.

I hope that Dana White uses his power in order to stop any type of Boxing fights for Masvidal in the future.

Back