Depressed about machida fighting tomorrow...

josh345

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I think he’s had a great career. Fight matrix has him number 19 all time which is amazing. But he’s not as fast anymore and I think Davis will be to much at this point in his career. If he loses people are going to say “0-3 in rematches!! Dur!!” Even though most of those rematches were out of his prime. Thoughts? Anyone to make me feel better? Lol

IDK, I still like watching him fight. He's still a game fighter at 42. I think he still has a decent chance to win this fight. I don't think he's completely washed. Not going to be a contender anymore but he's still a good fighter.

I'm hoping he wins this fight against Davis. 1. because he won the first fight but got screwed. 2. Because Nemkov already beat Davis (it shouldn't have even been a split decision) and I want to see a new fight. 3. If Machida manages to beat Davis and Nemkov it could set up Fedor vs Machida (or even if Machida loses he could fight Fedor. They are my 2 favorite fighters so I hate to see one of them lose, but it would be a great match up.

Machida's gonna lose the same way he did the first time: by boring decision.

Machida's shop worn but he's not completely shot yet. I have pretty much zero interest in the fight.

I think he’s had a great career. Fight matrix has him number 19 all time which is amazing. But he’s not as fast anymore and I think Davis will be to much at this point in his career. If he loses people are going to say “0-3 in rematches!! Dur!!” Even though most of those rematches were out of his prime. Thoughts? Anyone to make me feel better? Lol
In my book - considering important variables- machida is one of the goats. I also thought he beat Davis in first fight but I think a few of his fights in Bellator have been misleading ( not in a good way/ being honest.I thought he lost to carvslho and I dont know how anyone gave him a round vs Gegard. However , this is a past it lyoto and it be a huge win if he could pull it off). At this point, Phil should be able to get Lyoto down but if he shows too much respect--- Davis could find himself in trouble on the cards. That line looks too inviting , though. I have bad feeling.

I'll be rooting for lyoto

As a davis fan I'm thinking Lyoto will win this time. Davis wrestling has fallen off sharply, and his awkward striking won't win him a decision against Machida.

There is no way I or machida can make you feel better. Get ready to watch 15 minutes of shadow boxing and a controversial split decision. But not controversial enough because people couldn’t keep their eyes open anyways
Sheep or goat lmao. I laughed for some reason reading the post and seeing the avatar

Last edited:
you are putting too much stock over what happens in a sporting event

He's still one of my favorite fighters.

I was excited for this but his counterstriking didn't result in much tonight.

What a waste of time watching this.

There is no way I or machida can make you feel better. Get ready to watch 15 minutes of shadow boxing and a controversial split decision. But not controversial enough because people couldn’t keep their eyes open anyways

LMAO - you pretty much hit that nail on the head

<JackieThumbsUp>

Back