Deontay Wilder's racist walkout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

(Timestamped)

In all honesty, I was rooting for Deontay Wilder until this racist walkout. Black Pride this, Black Jesus that, the whole thing was off-putting to me as a fan from the Middle East. Got nothing but love for Mama Africa, but that was outright racist.

Glad my boy Tyson Fury BLEACHED Deontay, spreading separation and divide among mankind. I wouldn't want a champion like that.

it wasnt racist, but it was corny how much Wilder was trying to make this a black vs white thing. Fury hilariously shot all his attempts down and mostly stuck purely to their boxing abilities for the promotion. Which is why Wilder got thoroughly decimated like he did

it wasnt racist, but it was corny how much Wilder was trying to make this a black vs white thing. Fury hilariously shot all his attempts down and mostly stuck purely to their boxing abilities for the promotion. Which is why Wilder got thoroughly decimated like he did

You said it wasn't racist, then you proceeded to point out exactly why it was racist.

Besides, imagine if a white fighter had this very same walkout. HELL would have broken loose.

Well, it can be hard to define whats racist today, the way i look at things, i dont consider words to be racist if you highlight your pride for the race you belong, or if what you say is true.

So i wouldnt consider this to be racist, as i also wouldnt consider a white guy screaming "white pride white this white that" neccesairly racist, as strange as it sounds. Hes proud of being black/white, and while i do belive its stupid and silly to be proud of something you had no choice in, personally i dont consider it to be racist, even though i understand that most people saying things like that in the first place probably are somewhat racist...

Still, Wilders entrance was corny as hell, with the black power ranger suit and that "we wuz kangz" MC, and made me even more glad he got KOed at the end...

(Timestamped)

In all honesty, I was rooting for Deontay Wilder until this racist walkout. Black Pride this, Black Jesus that, the whole thing was off-putting to me as a fan from the Middle East. Got nothing but love for Mama Africa, but that was outright racist.

Glad my boy Tyson Fury BLEACHED Deontay, spreading separation and divide among mankind. I wouldn't want a champion like that.

You said it wasn't racist, then you proceeded to point out exactly why it was racist.

Besides, imagine if a white fighter had this very same walkout. HELL would have broken loose.

Wilder didnt discriminate against white ppl AFAIK

It was fantastic to see him broken down and humbled like that.

(Timestamped)

not sure what was racist about it?
I assume you’ve not heard furys anti semetic rants, or his views on homosexuality? Surely that’s worse than wilders walkout music?

not sure what was racist about it?
It was a nice black history month tribute that made a couple people uncomfortable. Lmao.
This threads going to get dicey. Hahaha

It's about nationality/ethnicity and identity. Most Black Americans identify with being African American more so than just being American. Due to litterally being a seperate class and group of people for so long. Some would argue TILL THIS DAY!!!LOL
So it's no different than the Mexicans, Irish, Italians, or British showing pride in their ethnicities or background.
It just makes a lot of timid people uncomfortable when big black people do things that they give others a pass for doing.
Its taboo for white Americans to do this because they have had a heavy history of using it as supremacy tool instead of just pride. So it has fallen culturally out of favor as a gesture of respect to the minority races in America who had been heavily discriminated against.
Its usually the racist or people who are completely ignorant to race relations in America who dont understand this simple dynamic.

The walkout was epic though...Too bad Wilder did better at that than the actual fight. He should tone his walkout down to a 3 and maybe just practice keeping his hands and guard up even on durring walk in. Lol

Imagine Mike Tyson pulling this walk out shit in a stupid costume.
How far we've fallen.

Lmao at this thread I think everybody in here is European commenting on American race relations...

(Timestamped)

Dont be such a cry baby and grow a pair.

More to the point, whatever happened to a simple "Welcome 2 the Terrordome" with a towel with a hole ripped through the middle of it?

Oh tempora, oh mores, etc. etc....

You were rooting for wilder then proceeds to contradict yourself by saying "my boy fury"...then mask everythjng claiming your from middle east...
Why cant you just enjoy furys victory like the rest of us and stop the PC bullshit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back