Deontay Wilder's personality

AABzTHZ.img
That reach tho. Holy shit.

People hate on Deontay as a boxer so much and I have to assume a lot of it's because they truly can't stand him as a person and so find any possible reason to hate on him and put him down. A very common expression seems to be, "He has unbelievable power but he's a very limited boxer." I gotta call BS there. He has evolved tremendously over the years from the raw powerhouse laying chubby truck drivers with 3-25 pro records clean out, and really became a complete fighter. He developed a decent left hook and a very capable jab to go with the nuclear right and his conditioning was always good to go. Oh, and he's tough as hell with a winner's mentality. If he was a truly shit boxer or mentally weak he never would have reached the top like he did. His camp brought him up very, very, painfully slowly but it worked out well for him in the end. His ability to land the KO shot and disguise his right hand (which everyone knows is coming) is crazy and he may very well be the best puncher of all-time; the fact that no one has been able to remain standing against him for the full 12 rounds after 43 fights is undeniable. Actually, I guess Fury did in their second fight. So there was one guy, who also happens to be the best HW boxer of this generation.

In terms of his actual in-ring weaknesses the two most glaring are his complete lack of head/upper body movement and how incredibly awkward and uncoordinated he looks when he's going in for the kill! Seriously, this guy looks like a windmill up top mounted on Bambi legs below when he's got a guy hurt and they aren't on the deck yet! It's clearly effective, mind you, but it looks like shite!

As a man, his Booommmmbbbbzquaaaadddd! persona is insufferable. He isn't well-spoken at all, has about 50 freakin' kids, and has decided that he's the Black Panther now... well, kinda sometimes when it suits him. Tuscaloosa forever! It's his extreme unlikability in the personal domain seems to leak over into the professional side of his life and has made people want to jump on him and perpetuate the narrative of him being an unsophisticated brawler or as being somehow overrated. Bottom line, none of those things are true; Wilder is still the second best HW in the world by a lot right now and I hope he continues on with his career and gets a shot at AJ, Whyte and/or Usyk. There's really not a need for him to fight Fury again but those fights were all so awesome I have no problem if they want to run it back... just don't expect a different result. At the same time, he's a colossal douche and should not be allowed near a live microphone again. Turns out you can be both!

People hate on Deontay as a boxer so much and I have to assume a lot of it's because they truly can't stand him as a person and so find any possible reason to hate on him and put him down. A very common expression seems to be, "He has unbelievable power but he's a very limited boxer." I gotta call BS there. He has evolved tremendously over the years from the raw powerhouse laying chubby truck drivers with 3-25 pro records clean out, and really became a complete fighter. He developed a decent left hook and a very capable jab to go with the nuclear right and his conditioning was always good to go. Oh, and he's tough as hell with a winner's mentality. If he was a truly shit boxer or mentally weak he never would have reached the top like he did. His camp brought him up very, very, painfully slowly but it worked out well for him in the end. His ability to land the KO shot and disguise his right hand (which everyone knows is coming) is crazy and he may very well be the best puncher of all-time; the fact that no one has been able to remain standing against him for the full 12 rounds after 43 fights is undeniable. Actually, I guess Fury did in their second fight. So there was one guy, who also happens to be the best HW boxer of this generation.

In terms of his actual in-ring weaknesses the two most glaring are his complete lack of head/upper body movement and how incredibly awkward and uncoordinated he looks when he's going in for the kill! Seriously, this guy looks like a windmill up top mounted on Bambi legs below when he's got a guy hurt and they aren't on the deck yet! It's clearly effective, mind you, but it looks like shite!

As a man, his Booommmmbbbbzquaaaadddd! persona is insufferable. He isn't well-spoken at all, has about 50 freakin' kids, and has decided that he's the Black Panther now... well, kinda sometimes when it suits him. Tuscaloosa forever! It's his extreme unlikability in the personal domain seems to leak over into the professional side of his life and has made people want to jump on him and perpetuate the narrative of him being an unsophisticated brawler or as being somehow overrated. Bottom line, none of those things are true; Wilder is still the second best HW in the world by a lot right now and I hope he continues on with his career and gets a shot at AJ, Whyte and/or Usyk. There's really not a need for him to fight Fury again but those fights were all so awesome I have no problem if they want to run it back... just don't expect a different result. At the same time, he's a colossal douche and should not be allowed near a live microphone again. Turns out you can be both!
Huh. I never paid a lot of attention to his personality prior to the second Fury fight. And.... I liked him just fine. My wife loved the dude, she was Mrs. Team Wilder going into that fight. And I dont think either one of us care for assholes. Yeah between 2 and 3 his attitude was a turnoff. But the real problem was he got totally dominated in that fight and didnt seem to put in the work to learn from it for fight three. The first round or two he looked like he might have changed. But he settled back to his old ways which weren't quite good enough. He's just got a killer weapon that he relies on a little too much. Doesn't mean the guy sucks. I'd watch him fight anybody good and I don't know that I'd root against him.

Wearing your emotions on your sleeve irks a lot of people, I just wish he didn't take days to congratulate Fury on winning their trilogy, when people have a chip on their shoulder for whatever reason it makes it hard to be gracious. Outside of that Wilder's personality is pretty vanilla for a high level fighter/poor person who comes into a lot of wealth. It doesn't bother me as much as staged tough guy antics and posturing.

Wearing your emotions on your sleeve irks a lot of people,
I don't think that's it. If he was a nice affable person who gave people their due respect then people would be fine with him. But he's a delusional egomaniac who is also a very bad loser. Fury wears his heart on his sleeve but he doesn't come across like Wilder.

I don't think that's it. If he was a nice affable person who gave people their due respect then people would be fine with him. But he's a delusional egomaniac who is also a very bad loser. Fury wears his heart on his sleeve but he doesn't come across like Wilder.
Because he's fake and has more charm.
If you judged Fury by a lot of his actions over his entertaining personality hes probably no better of a person than Wilder.
-Fury sacked coaches like Wilder
-Fury isn't a clean fighter & bends/breaks rules. I'd say that's worse than being a sore loser
-Fury's past bigoted remarks are just as gross as Wilder's race baiting
-Fury insults and shit talks all his opponents even after he pretends to squash it and be fake nice guy post fight. That's no different than Wilder being delusional.
-Fury's resume is as thin as Wilder's for the most part and has backed out of some big fights.

I try to look at the actions and how people conduct themselves consistently instead of what people say about themselves while the cameras are rolling.

If you judged Fury by a lot of his actions over his entertaining personality hes probably no better of a person than Wilder.
-Fury isn't a clean fighter & bends/breaks rules. I'd say that's worse than being a sore loser
-Fury insults and shit talks all his opponents even after he pretends to squash it and be fake nice guy post fight. That's no different than Wilder being delusional.
-Fury's resume is as thin as Wilder's for the most part and has backed out of some big fights.

I try to look at the actions and how people conduct themselves consistently instead of what people say about themselves while the cameras are rolling.
I never said Fury was an angel. I also think for his faults that Fury's positive attitude really helps. Fury put Parker, a possible opponent, in contact with Andy Lee because he wanted to see him do better with a new trainer. He didn't need to do that. What's fake about that? I don't see Wilder doing things like that. Fury and Wilder had a lot of shit-talking between them. After the last fight Fury goes to make nice with Wilder but Wilder rejects it. That's the sort of attitude that makes people dislike him. Fury's resume is as thin as Wilders? Does Wilder have a win over a Hall of Famer? And if he was really fake then why make those bigoted comments in the past? Because he wears his heart on his sleeve. And what does Wilder breaking a mascot's jaw reveal about him?

Anyway, all this is beside the point, which is you can wear your heart on your sleeve, like Fury does and come across well. Wilder wearing his heart on his sleeve isn't why people dislike him.

Last edited:
I never said Fury was an angel. I also think for his faults that Fury's positive attitude really helps. Fury put Parker, a possible opponent, in contact with Andy Lee because he wanted to see him do better with a new trainer. He didn't need to do that. What's fake about that? I don't see Wilder doing things like that. Fury and Wilder had a lot of shit-talking between them. After the last fight Fury goes to make nice with Wilder but Wilder rejects it. That's the sort of attitude that makes people dislike him. Fury's resume is as thin as Wilders? Does Wilder have a win over a Hall of Famer? And if he was really fake then why make those bigoted comments in the past? Because he wears his heart on his sleeve. And what does Wilder breaking a mascot's jaw reveal about him?

Anyway, all this is beside the point, which is you can wear your heart on your sleeve, like Fury does and come across well. Wilder wearing his heart on his sleeve isn't why people dislike him.
Lol unrealistic expectations...lmao finding a future opponent a trainer... please
What does it say about one's character to not just cheat in the ring but to cheat on your family outside the ring.
Being a family man when you have a family also speaks volumes of somebody's character.
The mascot thing was not intentional. They freaking told him to do it....
Beating old man vlad at the end of his road shouldn't make or break Wilder's career.

There are so many things that separate Fury and Wilder from a likability and charisma standpoint that there’s so point in even comparing them.

Lol unrealistic expectations...lmao finding a future opponent a trainer... please
What does it say about one's character to not just cheat in the ring but to cheat on your family outside the ring.
Being a family man when you have a family also speaks volumes of somebody's character.
Beating old man vlad at the end of his road shouldn't make or break Wilder's career.

LOL So Wilder is that thick that he didn't realise there was a human being inside that suit?? Wilder would never have beaten Wlad. Fury cheated on his wife? I didn't know about that.

LOL So Wilder is that thick that he didn't realise there was a human being inside that suit?? Wilder would never have beaten Wlad. Fury cheated on his wife? I didn't know about that.
It was a staged skit. I'm sure all parties involved thought the suite would protect him...nope...bomb squad too powerful.

Agree, to what many of posted. Wilder try's to be the badguy but it just comes over of cringy. And as far as fury goes, the man is as real as it gets. Bipolair, all over the place. Genuine good guy, but unpredictable as hell. The mania, the selfhate, the perfectionism, total disregard of anything.

Agree, to what many of posted. Wilder try's to be the badguy but it just comes over of cringy. And as far as fury goes, the man is as real as it gets. Bipolair, all over the place. Genuine good guy, but unpredictable as hell. The mania, the selfhate, the perfectionism, total disregard of anything.

i get anxiety when fury talks. never sure if hes about to go postal.

you do realize that "dirty boxing" has been part of the sport for centuries now

so do you also apply this to Holyfield and Hopkins and countless others?

i'm not surprised you would be one to believe in the floppy gloves conspiracy

you do realize that "dirty boxing" has been part of the sport for centuries now

so do you also apply this to Holyfield and Hopkins and countless others?
Nobody ever said dirty boxing. Steer your own point. Not twist mine.
You are one of the least knowledgeable posters on the forum. Never start a sentence with " you do realize that." Especially when you have dozens of recent threads that prove you are brand new to the sport of boxing. Google is the only reason you can make a boxing post.

Nobody ever said dirty boxing. Steer your own point. Not twist mine.
You are one of the least knowledgeable posters on the forum. Never start a sentence with " you do realize that." Especially when you have dozens of recent threads that prove you are brand new to the sport of boxing. Google is the only reason you can make a boxing post.
then what did you mean by him not being a clean fighter?

then what did you mean by him not being a clean fighter?
If you followed the sport you would know.
Also, I believe you already made a brain dead thread asking why people thought he was a dirty fighter. Try retaining information & not just shit posting.

Wilder had more white fans before he walked out to the "Black power. Black everything" song against Fury.
I also think white fans tend to like Fury and Usyk as well since, you know, The Great White Hope and all of that, even though that was made for White American fighters, not Ukrainians and Irish guys or whatever the hell Fury is.
But white guys like Fury. He looks like shit, hes bald, fat, and has been winning. They see themselves in that.
And when black people go "How do you not like Wilder?" to white guys, its a stupid question.
Why would they? They dont relate to that shit, especially when he walks out to "Black Everything" and then gets his ass kicked by a Brit or Irish guy or whatever.
I dont expect non Mexicans to like Mexican fighters.
What surpasses race is greatness. Thats why guys like Canelo, Manny, Ali, Tyson, Chavez, and Floyd started to cross racial barriers. Because the greatness became undeniable.
Wilder, had he beat Fury, wouldve won alot of fans over. But the excuses and that nonsense just killed for a lot of ppl. And the fact that he sounds like a complete boob on the microphone in comparison to Fury.

Back