Deontay Wilder's personality

I like Deontay. He fought Charlie Z....he's a man of the people who will fight us people. I like that. He's just a dude, he doesn't put himself on another level like others would, that Charlie thing in a weird way showed that in my opinion

I like Deontay. He fought Charlie Z....he's a man of the people who will fight us people. I like that. He's just a dude, he doesn't put himself on another level like others would, that Charlie thing in a weird way showed that in my opinion
Nah, Charlie just talked shit about his disabled daughter...

wilder isn’t as popular as some other HWs because he’s taken 1 tough fight in 40. He let Joshua fight the ranked fighters whilst he picked off mugs and guys that were barely top 20 and should’ve been no where near a title shot. That’s on him and his team! The first Ortiz fight was the first real challenge he took as a wbc champion. The running it back a year after he knocked him out is just him reverting back to fighting low risk opponents again. He knows he’ll beat him and Ortiz is over 40 now
To be the best paid and most loved hw he just has to fight the best guys. It’s that simple

I find Wilder wildly entertaining. He's loose and emotional and has a flair for the theatrics. He's not scared of his own shadow like Joshua or a total phony like Fury, but so many fans made their bed with one of those guys in it, and as a byproduct adopted an anti-Wilder mentality.

People talk about that nicey-nice shit, but that ain't what sells for a HW killer knockout artist, homie. Deontay is not Sugar Ray Leonard.

I find Wilder wildly entertaining. He's loose and emotional and has a flair for the theatrics. He's not scared of his own shadow like Joshua or a total phony like Fury, but so many fans made their bed with one of those guys in it, and as a byproduct adopted an anti-Wilder mentality.
I've disliked his personality, since before there was any animosity between the three of them.

There is no conspiracy to dislike Wilder. He's just an unlikable guy when it comes to his personality.

Conor Mcgregor at his peak was a prime example of how you play the bad guy and make everyone root for you at the same time. (even though he quickly made himself the most hated)

You can just smell the phonyness when Wilder tries to be the bad guy. He should be himself

All power no technique don't win you an Olympic medal and a world title. Sorry.

but haters gon hate
I'm no hater, and his technique has improved dramatically since the Olympic games.

But he in fact did win an Olympic medal with just power.

If you have a mediocre chin and great power like that you only have to hit your opponent clean once in those 12 rounds in the ring

But dick-riders will ride dick...

I've disliked his personality, since before there was any animosity between the three of them.

There is no conspiracy to dislike Wilder. He's just an unlikable guy when it comes to his personality.

Conor Mcgregor at his peak was a prime example of how you play the bad guy and make everyone root for you at the same time. (even though he quickly made himself the most hated)

You can just smell the phonyness when Wilder tries to be the bad guy. He should be himself

I'd argue Wilder is being himself. He's an eccentric guy. Maybe that's not for you. I'd rather have somebody who is comfortable in his own skin instead of somebody who is scared of their own shadow like Joshua or somebody who is shady and always trying to politic like Fury.

I'd argue Wilder is being himself. He's an eccentric guy. Maybe that's not for you. I'd rather have somebody who is comfortable in his own skin instead of somebody who is scared of their own shadow like Joshua or somebody who is shady and always trying to politic like Fury.
His shadow as in his criminal past?

I'd say it's normal for a guy to leave that past behind when he has everything he could want now

Wilder is fake as hell. I actually like him when he's acting normal. But this fake bad guy act just makes him obnoxious.

I'm with you there. I don't like loudmouth personas but I don't mind trash talk if it's clever. Calling a guy a bitch over and over is lame.

Interestingly enough I think the most popular combat athletes today is down to one or more of ethnicity, religion, nationalism. Canelo, Macgregor, maybe Khabib.

McGregor's personality has obviously played a big part in his popularity.

Mayweather/McGregor's dumb pre-fight press conferences selling out and being mainstream media attractions shows that trash talk absolutely does sell. Drama sells, even if it's manufactured by the promotion.

Do you seriously believe that guys who fight for a living are afraid of eachother?

Absolutely not, but it’s levelled at fighters all the time. It’s even more laughable levelling it at a HW who has fought the best competition available. The only current HW who was prepared to do that, and not just talk about it
There are definitely fighters that are scared of taking a loss though, and plenty of them. It’s one if the reasons why boxing has so many fckin squash matches and predictable outcomes

Wilder is fake as hell. I actually like him when he's acting normal. But this fake bad guy act just makes him obnoxious.

Agree, but I'd rather a good guy fake being a jerk, than a jerk fake being a good guy.

Do you think Wilder would be more popular if he was more well-spoken and less arrogant?

I personally really like the contrast of brute power and humility, like the Klitschko Brothers, GGG and even AJ

Fury and Wilder being so arrogant is really off-putting and will make any eventual losses be more embarrassing.

Even Canelo's arrogance at the GGG2 face-off is just embarrassing.
Kiltschkos and humility hahahahaha

Back