Deontay Wilder vs.... wait for it....

I think the same could be said of 99 % of the opponents of anyone who holds a belt at heavyweight.
It's newly splintered so we'll have to wait and see how that goes. We've been riding Canelo for his choice of opponents lately but compared to Wilder he's doing ok.

This isnt Deontay's fault.

WBC wants him to fight a Top 15 WBC ranked fight because his mandatory fell through. He cant fight Bermaine or Povetkin and already beaten Szpilka and Duhaupas. Andy Ruiz just fought.

The only other people he can fight is Gerald Washington and Jarrell Miller, and Gerald Washington is boring AF.

The big blame goes to PBC because this isnt a Fox level card. This is a type of card that should be on Spike, unless hes fighting Jarrell Miller. Its gonna do terrible ratings, considering his fight with Arreola (who is a bigger name than this random Polish guy) did terrible ratings.

It wouldve drawn like 600-700k on Spike, but only 1.5m on Fox.

This isnt Deontay's fault.

WBC wants him to fight a Top 15 WBC ranked fight because his mandatory fell through. He cant fight Bermaine or Povetkin and already beaten Szpilka and Duhaupas. Andy Ruiz just fought.

The only other people he can fight is Gerald Washington and Jarrell Miller, and Gerald Washington is boring AF.

The big blame goes to PBC because this isnt a Fox level card. This is a type of card that should be on Spike, unless hes fighting Jarrell Miller. Its gonna do terrible ratings, considering his fight with Arreola (who is a bigger name than this random Polish guy) did terrible ratings.

It wouldve drawn like 600-700k on Spike, but only 1.5m on Fox.

How about luis ortiz or pulev? Winner of whyte vs stiverne gets the next one.. But aint gonna happen because of the belts I guess. Meh.

How about luis ortiz or pulev? Winner of whyte vs stiverne gets the next one.. But aint gonna happen because of the belts I guess. Meh.
Ortiz and Pulev are already mandatories for each of Joshua/Klitsch winner belts. Its smarter to wait and try to get 2 belts.

Po
How can he have very little amateur experience when he went to the Olympics? A quick google search tells me he had 35 amateur bouts. Whilst definitely not the most expierence, that's actually a good number of bouts. For comparison, AJ had 43.
He's fought no one his whole career. The fact he's fighting this guy at this stage is a joke. He's pinching a living from boxing. He's had every opportunity to fight better opposition. Klitschko's just sat out for 18 months, why didn't Wilder's team show any interest in making that fight? He could have fought Ortiz instead of any one of his title defenses. "Looking to fight" doesn't mean shit. He's keeping his name in the headlines whilst fighting tomato cans

Fighting those ranked is the top 15 is not fighting "tomato cans". . . .boxing is a business first and foremost. . . .managers and promoters create a scenario building to big fights while keeping boxers busy. . . just because boxing forum "experts" think that ever fight should be Frazier vs Ali just shows their ignorance.

Po

Fighting those ranked is the top 15 is not fighting "tomato cans". . . .boxing is a business first and foremost. . . .managers and promoters create a scenario building to big fights while keeping boxers busy. . . just because boxing forum "experts" think that ever fight should be Frazier vs Ali just shows their ignorance.
I understand the business of boxing but that's for the managers and promoters to worry about. I'm a boxing fan and want to see the good fights. Tuneups are fine as long as you mix in some challenges as well.

Szpilka and Warwzyk dropped out.

The only logical choice.

Wilder vs Breazeale, and bring out Jared Hurd vs Tony Harrison to the main card

I think they are ranked too high to get a fight against Wilder

Po

It should be a sport first and foremost but I agree! and this is why us fans have to accept so many shit match ups where in almost every other sport you earn the right to challenge the best; not because it makes the champ easy money or that the challenger has a bigger financial backing. Us boxing fans are mugs to accept this in all honesty

Szpilka and Warwzyk dropped out.

The only logical choice.

Wilder vs Breazeale, and bring out Jared Hurd vs Tony Harrison to the main card

Anyone from sherdog want to step up ?

Back