Deontay Wilder vs.... wait for it....

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Andrzej Wawrzyk. No idea who he is lol.

Its supposedly in Birmingham Arena on Feb 25, the same night PBC paid for FOX time.

The good thing about Fox cards is that the UFC can never compete with it unless they do a PPV.

Deontay is gonna hurt this dude worse than the other Polish guy he hospitalized

Pretty pointless fight. Not sure of the angle here. Probably to score a flashy KO and call out Joshua/Klitschko winner.

Is this guy another soccer hooligan? I remember people talking about that Polish guy's history as a soccer hooligan as if it was a good thing.

In Wawrzyk's defense, Povetkin is on PEDs.

Fuck. His injury didnt require a shit tuneup.

Th

Those ringside add signs are fucking garbation. I haven't seen them used here for a while, thankfully. Such a hazard.

Damn. I was hoping it would be Seth Mitchell.

i think we can officially say that Wilder is a joke at the moment

He was always going to fight a mug with little chance of beating him! This fella holds the most prestigious belt yet fights guys outside the worlds top 20. Joshs next 3 fights are likely to be wlad, Ortiz, pulev. I struggle to even consider this guy as a champion

Disappointing, but not surprising. He spent years building a record so that he could cash out in a fight against Klitshko and now he is probably going to stay active against sub-par comp until the Klitshko/Fury/Joshua competition is settled and then get a big payday fighting against whoever comes out on top of that group. Not only doesn't the level of competition make for compelling fights in the interim but I think it really diminishes his chances against the best fighters who are taking on tougher challenges in the interim. I always thought that was one of Klitshko's biggest advantages (although not his only one) during his reign--he was fighting championship level fights twice a year against guys who had maybe one fight against top 15 competition in their entire careers. I think Wilder might be good enough to beat anyone in the HW division but he's not being promoted like he has a chance.

Disgraceful. People could defend this as a tuneup after an injury if he had fought someone with a pulse in ANY of his defenses, but a murderers row of Molina, Duhaupas, Szpilka? and Arreola followed by this guy? Even Shannon Briggs would look like a serious challenge at this point.

I swear if Queen B posts another thread with ...wait for it... in the title im going to get myself banned

Pretty pointless fight. Not sure of the angle here. Probably to score a flashy KO and call out Joshua/Klitschko winner.
Big Dan said:
Wilder, 31, is expected back in the ring on Feb. 25 at a venue to be determined in his home state of Alabama -- either Birmingham or his hometown of Tuscaloosa -- as the headliner of a Premier Boxing Champions card on Fox in prime time. Wilder's team is close to finalizing a deal for him to face Andrzej Wawrzyk (33-1, 19 KOs), 29, of Poland.

"If Joshua prevails against Klitschko it will be Deontay Wilder versus Anthony Joshua. There's no other fight," Wilder said, rubbing his hands together in apparent anticipation. "I've been talking about unifying the division for a long time. If he fights and wins we want that fight quickly. We been waiting for too long now. We don't want to keep the people waiting. There is no bigger fight than Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder.

Luis Ortiz is already mandated to fight AJ/Klit winner. Deontay doesn't want anything to do with a good boxer.
Unification bouts almost always get priority over mandatory bouts. All 4 organizations would allow unifications before mandatories, and long as its done in a reasonable time frame.

Unification bouts almost always get priority over mandatory bouts. All 4 organizations would allow unifications before mandatories, and long as its done in a reasonable time frame.
That's fair enough, I don't think he actually wants to do it though.

That's fair enough, I don't think he actually wants to do it though.
I think if Joshua wins, he will have a choice between Ortiz and Wilder. He will go with the unification.

If Klitscko wins, I think he will defend his WBA against Ortiz first.

Deontay right now doesnt have a mandatory. The WBC said Stiverne needs to win a fight first after the Povetkin fight fell through.

Back