Deontay Wilder vs. Michael Hunter.

I'll be honest, I've never heard of Michael Hunter. Is he a current fighter or a past fighter?

he doesn’t seem like much to write home about.

At the time, I used to follow amateur boxing pretty closely, and Michael Hunter’s story was definitely pretty interesting. In 2010 he was out the whole year with injuries. During that time in 2010, in his weightclass, the same guy won the National golden gloves, the National pal, AND the US Open. Hunter came back in 2011 for the Olympic qualifiers, and of course Hunter was a pretty heavy underdog considering the year before the same guy won every big tournament in his weight division. In the Olympic qualifiers Michael Hunter got matched up with the guy I think In the quarterfinals (so pretty early) and won albeit he was a pretty big underdog. Michael Hunter’s road to the olympics was tough. Bummer he lost in the first round, but heck it was to Artur Beterbiev nothing to be ashamed of there

Hunter is better than a lot of peope realize.
He came in a bit out of shape (10 pounds heavier than usual) against Povetkin, got a draw and managed to buzz him a few times .
He took Bakole's zero and he has stopped Ustinov and Maldonado, the later in 2 rounds. Maldonado had gone the distance with Oscar Rivas before that fight and went the distance with Takam afterwards, Hunter's power/finishing ability is a bit underrated. He also has a decent reach and is more skilled than any of Wilder's KO victims besides Luis Ortiz, he's pretty underrated.

Have you worked with Wilder in some capacity before? I was only an amateur fighter but although I respect the power, his lack of fundamentals piss me off. Maybe I'm just old lol.
No, unfortunately, I've never met him.

Back