Deontay Wilder vs. Andy Ruiz Jr.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who wins? I think Wilder stops him.

I kind of hope the fight doesn't happen, though. The last thing we need is Wilder holding ALL the belts hostage.

I’d possibly pick wilder, but I think both him and Parker have the ability to do to wilder what he did to Joshua. These guys have incredible chins and fast hands. I think they are the hardest fights for wilder outside of fury. Possibly harder than Joshua

Mmmm

I guess Wilder. I am not really confident either way though

Wilder actually uses his jab unlike Joshua so his height advantage is legit.

On the other hand I can see Wilder getting Ruiz hurt and going all spastic on him and getting countered with something serious.

If Wilder remembered his jab and reach, he could make it easy.

Wilder is growing on me, i think he knocks them both stiff, while he still has tendancies to go nuts at times, he always seems to get his composure back and land the shots that are needed.

He clearly can be outboxed though, but whether the likes of Ruiz/Parker/Whyte can do that for 12 rounds without taking a fight ending shot, is what makes the fights interesting.

I dont think Ruiz or Whyte have the chin to last 12

It would be a HUGE shakeup for the HW division if Ruiz managed to beat Joshua and Wilder.

Wilder actually uses his jab unlike Joshua so his height advantage is legit.

On the other hand I can see Wilder getting Ruiz hurt and going all spastic on him and getting countered with something serious.
yeah i'd pick wilder by brutal KO if he actually boxed. he has never done that consistently, though.

i think ruiz is a bit of an enigma right now, because he was so unknown before beating joshua. maybe he's that good, or maybe joshua just fucked up and couldn't recover. i would point out that ruiz has a chin on him and can recover quickly, because joshua put him down with some massive shots and he was up seconds later, completely composed. he's also a lot quicker than you'd expect for a guy with that kind of physique.

the short, stocky guy has heart, a chin, and deceptively quick hands. i wouldn't be surprised at all if he beat wilder.

Wilder is growing on me, i think he knocks them both stiff, while he still has tendancies to go nuts at times, he always seems to get his composure back and land the shots that are needed.

He clearly can be outboxed though, but whether the likes of Ruiz/Parker/Whyte can do that for 12 rounds without taking a fight ending shot, is what makes the fights interesting.

I dont think Ruiz or Whyte have the chin to last 12
Ruiz took AJ's best shot and got back up pretty unperturbed, I think he has a very good chin and excellent recovery. I'd give the edge in punching power to Wilder but I don't think it's any foregone conclusion that Wilder would KO him.

I'd pick Ruiz, he has a hell of a chin; wilder does not.

I'm not sure Wilder can take his shot any better than Ruiz can take his, and I'm more confident in Ruiz landing clean than I am wilder.

yeah i'd pick wilder by brutal KO if he actually boxed. he has never done that consistently, though.

i think ruiz is a bit of an enigma right now, because he was so unknown before beating joshua. maybe he's that good, or maybe joshua just fucked up and couldn't recover. i would point out that ruiz has a chin on him and can recover quickly, because joshua put him down with some massive shots and he was up seconds later, completely composed. he's also a lot quicker than you'd expect for a guy with that kind of physique.

the short, stocky guy has heart, a chin, and deceptively quick hands. i wouldn't be surprised at all if he beat wilder.

He's THAT good, do some research.

Ruiz took AJ's best shot and got back up pretty unperturbed, I think he has a very good chin and excellent recovery. I'd give the edge in punching power to Wilder but I don't think it's any foregone conclusion that Wilder would KO him.

I'm not sure Ruiz is as good as some people think he is

I'm not sure Ruiz is as good as some people think he is
AJ hits hard, I don't think there is any one denying that. Ruiz got straight back up. Maybe he did catch AJ on an off day but his punch resistance has little to do with that.

I'm not fully convinced Ruiz wins against Joshua the second time but if he does I definitely would like to see him fight Wilder. If Ruiz can take Wilders shots and still win he deserves to be up there with the toughest boxers in history.

Is Wilder going to come into the fight concussed? If not, he knocks Ruiz out.

Wilder by murder

It’s an interesting fight. I would be pulling for torta to get the upset. But I would be terrified the whole fight for him.
Doing boxing math. Wilder is going to be a lot more active than the slow concussed AJ who showed up. And when he uses his length and rights and uppercuts it’s gonna be lights out for peoples champ.

Or

Wilder got sparked by Ortiz and was befuddled by fury’s movement. Combining el mero meros activity and counters wilder is going to get sloppy and put down.

Honestly I want to see another fight of based Ruiz before seeing this.

Andy by KO!

Maybe Wilder is still undefeated when they do fight. Ortiz had a great chance to KO Wilder, but Wilder got rescued. I really hope Ortiz is relentless this go around and finishes Wilder.

Last edited:
Andy by KO!

Maybe Wilder is still undefeated when they do fight. Ortiz had a great chance to KO Wilder, but Wilder got rescued. I really hope Ortiz is relentless this go around and finishes Wilder.

This for sure, Ortiz showed us in round 8 what a solid counterpuncher can do to Wilder. Andy will do the same and not let go

Andy by KO!

This for sure, Ortiz showed us in round 8 what a solid counterpuncher can do to Wilder. Andy will do the same and not let go

I knew these were going to be the other side of the boxing math coin.

I hope Ruiz could win but how confident are you in that considering that while Bomb squad was hurt he Survived it. And he seems to carry that power for the full fight.

Back