Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz Confirmed March 3 at Barclays Center

Who wins

• Total voters
No worries, it wasn't exactly linked to anything you'd see
Being old, crotchety and stubborn in your opinions the way of the elders in Boxing. Look at shit Bob Arum and Larry Merchant said regularly.
I like his articles for his insight on the business and boxing of days gone by his article called Why I Fixed Fights was a very good read. Otherwise his opinion is clearly built on bias and favoritism and crotchetiness

I've read some of his other articles which had similar issues. He has interesting insight into some things, no doubt, but then he applies his worst experiences and worst assumptions to whatever he sees in contemporary boxing regardless of the reality of the situation.

I also don't do well looking beyond not liking Wilder though not to the same degree as that article

Yeah, that's fair enough. Wilder obviously has plenty of flaws as a fighter and has a very real chance of losing this fight (I think Ortiz has reasonable value according to the current odds). Ortiz's style is also better suited to the professional ranks where he can make better use of his ability to set up his counters and where his slower feet aren't as easily exploited. In that sense he is a bit atypical of a lot of Cubans who defect (I'd argue that Ugas is a bit similar with regard to having a style better suited to the pros than certain Cubans who defected with better amateur creds).

I've read some of his other articles which had similar issues. He has interesting insight into some things, no doubt, but then he applies his worst experiences and worst assumptions to whatever he sees in contemporary boxing regardless of the reality of the situation.

It's his shtick, he's crazy and you're all god damn wrong.
The whole nobody has a chance thing is a lot much. Just send everybody home then don't bother fighting you'd never win.

Im fucking PUMPED for this fight dude lol.

All these shenanigans are making the anticipation worse.

Been years since I've looked forward to a heavyweight fight this much. Probably back when The Nigerian Nightmare was finally fighting Wladimir but that was more frustrating than entertaining. Klit fought like a damn octopus.

Klit/Joshua was amazing but it had zero hype for me. I didn't even remember it was on until someone told me about it the morning of the fight and since it was on early in the day no one even watched it with me. This time I have beers and steaks and all my boxing friends coming to see the fight and the bivol/kov card right after.

Doesn't happen often, but I'll be watching this over the UFC, Cyborg and the random chick.

Wilder is making boxing mainstream again. The seeds are planted for him to be a mega star.

wilder has talked non stop nonsense in the past few days. Wonder how much his head is on Ortiz, seems to be absolutely obsessed with Joshua. Ortiz will make him pay if he is looking past him. Gonna be a great fight though, well worth staying up till stupid o clock to watch.

Looking forward to this one, im staying up to watch it and hopefully it wont disappoint.

I dont actually care who wins, just as long as the winner fightsa the winner of Joshua-Parker

Exciting times for the big guys

Not me, sorry @HelpYouFall. You don't post enough for me to get to see your stupid sig if I win, brother. And it's unlikely I win, so that makes it huge risk with little reward even if I luck out with an Ortiz win, you know?

However, I'll take Ortiz for a 30-day sig bet just for fun (he's gonna get wrecked) with a regular who is an active poster so I can enjoy it if I win. Any takers?

Player hater.

Don't know how to link but naazim richarsons interview on YT re:wilder with fight hub today is worth a view.

What's the deal with Ortiz reach?

Ortiz is 6' 4" with a massive 84 inch reach.

Wilder is 6' 7" with an 83 inch reach.

Both are pretty freakish but Ortiz also has about 30 pounds on Wilder. I am curious if Wilder can deal with someone when he doesn't have a huge size/reach advantage. Most of the guys he fought just didn't know how to reach his chin to do any damage. Ortiz can actually throw straight punches to Wilder's chin unlike everyone else. Get hyped!

Last edited:
WOW! This is a great fight, I can't wait and go Wilder!

Changing my pick to Wilder.

Simply because I cannot imagine the fallout if Ortiz would happen to somehow get this done.

Back