Deontay Wilder-Luis Ortiz Confirmed March 3 at Barclays Center

Who wins

• Total voters
What an absolute pile of shit that article is. Wilder is far from something special, but this clown has crafted a narrative where Wilder literally cannot do anything right. All this talk about Wilder never taking any challenges and having set Ortiz up, but no mention of Ortiz's history with PEDs. No mention of travelling to Russia to fight Povetkin, at all. Absolute shit.

Article written by man who has years of experience in the boxing world managing several champions

Disregarded by guy on Sherdog.

Es Normal.

Im assuming ticket sales arent doing too well for this event either.

I just got comped tickets and me and a bunch of friends are gonna head out there tomorrow at 6 or 7

you quoted yourself... wtf is wrong with you?

Anyways, 214 is the lowest of Wilder's career I think. I dont think it is a good thing.

Article written by man who has years of experience in the boxing world managing several champions

Es Normal.
boxing managers can still be shit writers with stupid opinions.

Very normal. If you're on sherdog and you're not at least a bit of an asshole, I don't trust you.

Who you got tomorrow?
I would greatly like to see Ortiz win. He is at least on paper the much more talented of the two. I feel he should be able to take advantage of Wilder's.....Wild punches and effectively counter him to sleep

Ortiz winning would also upset things in the Heavyweight picture and sometimes this pleases me. Also would Ortiz become the first Cuban Heavyweight champion if he wins? If so, I believe that is extra motivation for him.

I would greatly like to see Ortiz win. He is at least on paper the much more talented of the two. I feel he should be able to take advantage of Wilder's.....Wild punches and effectively counter him to sleep

Ortiz winning would also upset things in the Heavyweight picture and sometimes this pleases me. Also would Ortiz become the first Cuban Heavyweight champion if he wins? If so, I believe that is extra motivation for him.

Ortiz isn't winning.

anyone else upset that @cuban23 hasn't posted much lately, especially in this thread?
I like how he already said he wont be impressed if Wilder knocks Ortiz out.

Same Ortiz that hes said all along would destroy Wilder. Now it wont be impressive.

The excuses are already pooring in.

Ortiz isn't winning.
ebd.jpg

I like how he already said he wont be impressed if Wilder knocks Ortiz out.

Same Ortiz that hes said all along would destroy Wilder. Now it wont be impressive.

The excuses are already pooring in.

Seriously what the fuck?

He said for months how the fight will never happen and the belt orgs won't let Ortiz feast on Wilder's bones and how it's an utter mismatch that could get Wilder killed in the ring and how it's not even a fair fight because Ortiz is a cuban god.

One day before the fight he says if Wilder knocks Ortiz out it won't mean anything or be impressive at all because Wilder sucks.

I've seen some big flip flops before but that takes the cake.

Es Normal.

He's basing everything in his narrative on the assumption that Wilder is obviously levels below the best in the HW division, and that Ortiz is some exceptional talent guaranteed of KOing Wilder (and, it is implied he'd do the same to Anthony Joshua). Seriously, those are the two premises that the article is based on, and he presents them to be fully self-evident. You don't find that massively problematic?

He's basing everything in his narrative on the assumption that Wilder is obviously levels below the best in the HW division, and that Ortiz is some exceptional talent guaranteed of KOing Wilder (and, it is implied he'd do the same to Anthony Joshua). Seriously, those are the two premises that the article is based on, and he presents them to be fully self-evident. You don't find that massively problematic?
Nah I agree. I mentioned in a comment you might've missed I was just being an asshole.

I think being in the business has made him and his opinion a little jaded but he he definitely long hated Wilder and been a fan of Ortiz.

Some of his points are true though Wilder is not a draw, nobody cares about him and PBC has likely lost a lot of money on him.

Based on what? Do people just assume that Ortiz was some exceptional amateur just because he was Cuban?

Based on what? Do people just assume that Ortiz was some exceptional amateur just because he was Cuban?

Is his 343–19 record not evident of some talent?

Note: I have not watched all 362 fights they could be bad.

Nah I agree. I mentioned in a comment you might've missed I was just being an asshole.

I think being in the business has made him and his opinion a little jaded but he he definitely long hated Wilder and been a fan of Ortiz.

Some of his points are true though Wilder is not a draw, nobody cares about him and PBC has likely lost a lot of money on him.

My bad, didn't see the comment. There is plenty in the article which has merit on some level (business interests are obviously a massive factor in boxing), but yeah, his actual arguments rely on taking some fairly ridiculous premises as self-evident and then omitting some very important information (like not bringing up Povetkin who has as much money behind him as anyone in boxing).

Is his 343–19 record not evident of some talent?

Note: I have not watched all 362 fights they could be bad.

It obviously is, the problem is that on the world level in the amateurs Wilder actually has the more impressive achievement and that's in a drastically shorter amateur career.

Seriously what the fuck?

He said for months how the fight will never happen and the belt orgs won't let Ortiz feast on Wilder's bones and how it's an utter mismatch that could get Wilder killed in the ring and how it's not even a fair fight because Ortiz is a cuban god.

One day before the fight he says if Wilder knocks Ortiz out it won't mean anything or be impressive at all because Wilder sucks.

I've seen some big flip flops before but that takes the cake.
Im fucking PUMPED for this fight dude lol.

All these shenanigans are making the anticipation worse.

My bad, didn't see the comment. There is plenty in the article which has merit on some level (business interests are obviously a massive factor in boxing), but yeah, his actual arguments rely on taking some fairly ridiculous premises as self-evident and then omitting some very important information (like not bringing up Povetkin who has as much money behind him as anyone in boxing).

No worries, it wasn't exactly linked to anything you'd see
Being old, crotchety and stubborn in your opinions the way of the elders in Boxing. Look at shit Bob Arum and Larry Merchant said regularly.
I like his articles for his insight on the business and boxing of days gone by his article called Why I Fixed Fights was a very good read. Otherwise his opinion is clearly built on bias and favoritism and crotchetiness

It obviously is, the problem is that on the world level in the amateurs Wilder actually has the more impressive achievement and that's in a drastically shorter amateur career.
I also don't do well looking beyond not liking Wilder though not to the same degree as that article

Back