Deontay Wilder KO's again! Who should he fight?

Nova44

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
As the title says...

He's not facing good competition but still he's damn impressive.

Personally i'd like to see him fight here in the UK and fight someone like David Price or even Derrick Chisora. Here in the england David Price isn't well known to say he's do so well but he needs to fight someone with KO power who can test him, and Wilder needs a step up that hasn't been proven to be world class either, or Wilder vs Chisora just to hopefully see Chisora get KO'd.

Wilder vs Price would be epic but i know Price wouldn't fight Wilder, and Wilder's people won't take the step up in competition.

You know, a fight with Chisora would be a really good and tough challenge for him. that's who they should look for.

I'm looking at the top 20 right now, based on box rec... He can't beat anyone in the top 5.

Helenius would beat him cause Wilder has no inside game like Chisora.

He'll never fight Solis, that would be an embarrassing mismatch.

Chagaev and Boystov are too much of a step up. Chris Arreola would be beat him.

I would say Chisora, Timur Ibragimov and Travis Walker should be his next opponents.

A Derrick Chisora fight would be epic but only because I think Delboy would ktfo Deontay. Wilder isn't ready for the big time. He's got a way to go. He looks good but they should protect him a little while longer or get him with a really good trainer.

I think you guys are underestimating Chisora. He's a very good boxer who has the unfortunate problem of being the only heavyweight with the balls to take tough fights. Wilder needs some guys who will test him first before going in the deep end.

It seems like Wilder doesn't have his feet under him, he looks like Bambi on ice.

I think you guys are underestimating Chisora. He's a very good boxer who has the unfortunate problem of being the only heavyweight with the balls to take tough fights. Wilder needs some guys who will test him first before going in the deep end.

So who would you suggest he fight?

Banks or Arreola would be fine with me.

At nearly 30 fights into his career I think the time for picking opponents he has almost no chance of losing to is over.

Maybe a top 50 fighter. You guys are all bringing up top 10-15 guys. He's faced nothing close to that. One step at a time.

Yea I might be selling Chisora short, he has a very good inside game. He just doesn't use a jab for some reason. He's also very undisciplined.

Right now I would suggest them to put him up against Timur Ibragimov.

how is timur ibragimov a step up ? the guy is old, inactive , and just not good

I'd like to see Jonathan Banks test his chin out. :D I have high hopes for Wilder, he really could be the next great American HW. 26 wins, 26 KO's jesus christ.....but Seth Mitchell taught me all that can change. :icon_lol:

Back