Dentist HelpSo

ONApest MMA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So last night i noticed I chip or cracked a tooth that had a filling on it. It's starting to hurt a lil now but here's the thing. I've fallen on hard times and I have no insurance or a god damn job atm and I gotta get this taken care of. What do I do?

oh man . I can relate to that. no money and dental problems. I don't really have anything constructive that I can comment on, but to say that I hope everything works out for you.

Ask your dentist to work out a payment plan. That's assuming you have a dentist you see regularly and have a prior working relationship with. If you do, they should be fine with working something out. You wouldn't be the first guy who needed work done who couldn't pay at the moment.

sounds like a decent plan to go about, but he might not have a regular dentist like myself.

Ask your dentist to work out a payment plan. That's assuming you have a dentist you see regularly and have a prior working relationship with. If you do, they should be fine with working something out. You wouldn't be the first guy who needed work done who couldn't pay at the moment.

Yeah I have my old dentist that I saw before shit hit the fan.

sounds like a decent plan to go about, but he might not have a regular dentist like myself.

In that case I'd ask a family member who they go to regularly, and say they'll vouch for you.

Very few people (at least that I know) pay for their dental work in one shot. Most work out payment plans since some procedures can get pricey.

Also, look for a free/low cost dental clinic in your area. NH is a small state so you may have very few options, but give it a shot.

What tooth is it? A molar? I'm a dentist assistant so you can either have the tooth pulled if it causes to much pain or you can do a treatment plan to pay to get it fixed.

My dad is a dentist and he'd recommend to see if there's a dental school in your area. It should be cheaper to get work done by a resident.

What tooth is it? A molar? I'm a dentist assistant so you can either have the tooth pulled if it causes to much pain or you can do a treatment plan to pay to get it fixed.

Yeah its a molar.

Yeah its a molar.

Well if it was chiped and you are feeling pain that means some of your dentin is exposed. Fillings are not expensive to get fix. If the tooth is crack you will eventually need to get a implant of your molar. We use are molar every time we eat, so once the tooth is cracked it compromises the strength of the tooth.

If you decide to pull molar and not replace it with an implant, your other teeth will shift to the empty whole in your mouth.

Damn, I had two broken molars for 8 months that I couldn't afford to have taken care of until I saved money. The toothaches were unbearable and drove me to the point of insanity. I finally said phuck it and had them pulled. Fuck that shit.

Having it pulled is around $200-$400

Having a root canal is about $700 + Temp Crown=$200 then real crown $700.

In your situation, you might want to get it pulled. You don't want to prolong it like I did where the infection starts traveling to your brain and you start eating Advil like its candy. You also have to stay ahead of your toothache which means you will be taking a ton of pain pills.

My advice, Pull the fucker.

yeah it looks like it chipped and cracked. This tooth is deff fucked up.

My dad is a dentist and he'd recommend to see if there's a dental school in your area. It should be cheaper to get work done by a resident.

That would have been my next suggestion except that he'd have to go out of state (no D-schools in New Hampshire). I know people that go to the closest D-school around here for cleanings and whatnot, but I've never heard of them getting procedures done. Ask your pops how much they allow students to do to their test anima--I mean "patients." I guess pulling teeth isn't too hard for them (lulz), but maybe they can't do wisdom teeth extraction or root canals?

wait for it to go septic and then head off to the emergency room, it then becomes a medical issue rather than a dental one

That would have been my next suggestion except that he'd have to go out of state (no D-schools in New Hampshire). I know people that go to the closest D-school around here for cleanings and whatnot, but I've never heard of them getting procedures done. Ask your pops how much they allow students to do to their test anima--I mean "patients." I guess pulling teeth isn't too hard for them (lulz), but maybe they can't do wisdom teeth extraction or root canals?

Sure I'll ask. My dad is a Prosthodontist and I think when a resident does something major he will sit in or give advice before the procedure. I think they have to do so many residency hours/procedures under supervision until they are out on their own. I'll double check how it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back