Dennis siver vs george soti fight video

I remember this fight. It was the beginning of the end of
Sotiropoulos.

G soto is not really a good win...

It was a big win back in the day. George was on the brink of being legit Top 10 until Siver wrecked his shit.

Hmm, some really solid guy who was supposed to shine in top 10, but lost to Siver... will history repeat itself?

Am I alone in thinking Siver is a beautiful man?

Nah:

Studio-Portrait-of-the-Vi-007.jpg

You have a hard time remembering historical context. It was a huge win at the time.

You have a hard time thinking for yourself and using what we learned later for context. G-Sot was a manufactured contender because the UFC was trying to market toward Australians, and he got lucky against Lauzon who tooled him then adrenaline dumped, and was basically dead in the water. I was calling for G-Sot to get exposed long before he was. He was an atrocious athlete for the UFC and lacked wrestling to implement his ground game against decent or better UFC opposition.

But Siver is a solid fw. I thought the drop down in weight would be good for someone with his lack of reach. Unfortunately this weekend he's going to be giving up significant reach anyway, and against someone with better creativity, timing, and power than him. He's got his work cut out for him. I'm not a McGregor fan at all, but the UFC obviously picked Siver because he was a favorable match-up.

Back