Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter!

Down the rabbit hole you fucktard.

Witty. Insightful. Helpful. Excellent retort.

Seriously though, unless you posses 100% of all knowledge in the universe, then logically, you have to conceded that God (or aliens, or mermaids, or whatever) could reside in the percentage of knowledge that guy do not possess.

Last edited:
What is so inhumane about kosher and halal slaughter? I thought they were the same as traditional serf/family/peasant farm practices before the industrial revolution that brought about the factory system. Isnt more humane than what we do to animals now?

I thought they were tolerant? This is so intolerant!!

Oh wait its their neighbor to the north who is more tolerant.

Very correctly it's been stated that animal rights come before religion.
The suffering of animals is real, belief and worship of a being that isn't even real, is not real.

Since you probably did not read the article, lets see what all the fussing and fueding is about:
"European regulations require animals to be stunned before they are slaughtered, but grants exemptions on religious grounds."

So, if you think this is about animal rights you are a fucking retard. The animals are still being killed. They are not being tortured.

Difference is that the law says to stun the animals to make them "not conscious" while the religious dudes just want them conscious as they kill them.
I guess it is basically like getting KO'd and your throat cut vs just getting your throat cut.

Animals cannot comprehend their own existence. We grow them to kill and eat them. It is a huge joke thinking that if we "stun" them then it is totally cool and sexually gratifying for them to be killed vs some waterboarding torture via not stunning them and killing them.

Off topic and on OP's stupid comment:
And someone's belief in God (whether they are correct or not) is probably more informed than your belief there is not a God. I would say you go on blind faith, like most dumb shits.

I love how atheists state that there is no God as fact when, logically, you can neither prove nor disprove that. Seems like that is a belief based on faith as well.

That's a bit of a generalization. I believe there is no god. No human past or present is qualified to definitively state whether it's true. You're talking about mindless atheists who think they're being 'edgy', which sadly there are a lot of.

Those videos of animal slaughter are disturbing. I remember a few years back when I was in Colombia I stayed at my ex's family's farm where they slaughtered the animals before they cooked them. That was more humane slaughtering than the stuff they show on the videos but I don't think it's the process that's inhumane but the dickheads who have to do that job day in and day out. I can't imagine having to cut throats all day, that shit would be depressing.

How did those colombians slaughter the animals?

And I thought exsanguination was pretty quick.

Bullshit headline.
A year ago Denmark clarified some paragraphs in a law, which states that you can't slaughter an animal without administering anesthesia or other forms of sedation (e.g. stunbolt gun) first.
This had the indirect effect of making Halal slaughter illegal (though it already was before the change in paragraphs, there was just some confusion about the rules).

Oh how I facepalm everytime I read about that fucking Giraffe. "They say that we can't kill animals without sedating them first?! But they killed a giraffe and fed it to lions!!". Logic, how does it work?

Lol, we slaughter sheeps in Denmark all the time with no problem. Bullshit headline, thread starter.

What is so inhumane about kosher and halal slaughter? I thought they were the same as traditional serf/family/peasant farm practices before the industrial revolution that brought about the factory system. Isnt more humane than what we do to animals now?

Halal should be more humane but I think a lot of Halal butchers don't even follow all protocols. Some use a bolt and then a clean blade on the throat. Some don't use a bolt at all. You're not supposed to slaughter them in front of one another tho.

That's a bit of a generalization. I believe there is no god. No human past or present is qualified to definitively state whether it's true. You're talking about mindless atheists who think they're being 'edgy', which sadly there are a lot of.

I didn't intended to imply that atheist are mindless. I believe in God, so believe me, I'm used to being called "mindless" lol. But my belief is based on an examination of the evidence. Contrary to popular opinion, most people who believe in God are actually logical, reasonable people (flame suit on).
I was just trying to point out that people on both sides put their faith in something: science, God, humanity, the universe, something. Ultimately, we all choose to accept certain things on faith.

I'm in favor of the banning too, but lets not pretend most of the supporters are doing it for animal welfare concerns. We all know the true motivations.

They alos banned foie gras in the past couple of years so it very weel could just be an animla rights issue.

Sucks for Denmark.

Very correctly it's been stated that animal rights come before religion.
The suffering of animals is real, belief and worship of a being that isn't even real, is not real.

I think the main point of this thread is being lost a bit.

People hiding behind their religions to get away with stupid shit should not be allowed. This is a good precedent.

I love how atheists state that there is no God as fact when, logically, you can neither prove nor disprove that. Seems like that is a belief based on faith as well.

What prompted this response??? I didn't really see anything prior to your post that would warrant this?

As for the topic... “animal rights come before religion”

I agree with this. I will always eat meat but I would hope that when we are killing animals that we do it in the most humane way possible.

They alos banned foie gras in the past couple of years so it very weel could just be an animla rights issue.

Sucks for Denmark.

Yeah force feeding animals with tubes to make a fatty liver seems pretty abusive to me.

The difference is that the person who isn't positing a belief isn't asking us to change our behavior based on a hypothesis for which there is no evidence. He is asking us to modify our behavior based on observable events.

One could be a theist or an atheist and still see the logic in this. "Theism" isn't restricted to these archaic superstitious belief systems and their food customs.

I didn't intended to imply that atheist are mindless. I believe in God, so believe me, I'm used to being called "mindless" lol. But my belief is based on an examination of the evidence.
No, it isn't. There is no "evidence" which indicates the existence of God. You could talk all day about how the inverse is true, that there is no evidence which can incontrovertibly contradict God's existence, but no belief is being derived from that absence of evidence; in your case, you're positing a belief despite this lack of evidence.

That's the difference, and that's where you're still misunderstanding the philosophical nature of the question. You need to spend more time examining the ontology of your belief.
Contrary to popular opinion, most people who believe in God are actually logical, reasonable people (flame suit on).
I was just trying to point out that people on both sides put their faith in something: science, God, humanity, the universe, something. Ultimately, we all choose to accept certain things on faith.
No.

Here it is. This is where the illogical Christian always tries to hedge the difference and equivocate science to God. I'm calling you on this bullshit. This is objectively wrong. People don't put "faith" in science. Scientific discovery is only accepted as a matter of proof. Whether or not every individual who invests a certain amount of confidence in it understands it perfectly is irrelevant; trust in the system is tested at some level by the human apparatus. The concept of God is not.

That is to say, it doesn't matter whether or not you understand Newton or Einstein's laws. Someone out there does, and they can demonstrate the validity of the understanding (either logically or experimentally). This person's knowledge benefits the species concretely. Nobody out there "understands" the question of God, and nobody can substantiate or measure the influence "God" has on the species.

So sick of this dumbass argument. "Science and God both take faith." This plague of ignorance is always self-reinventing.

Back