Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter!

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by squeezewax, Aug 23, 2015.

1. squeezewax

squeezewax Brown Belt

Fantastic news!
    I'm actually shocked. I never thought something like this would happen in the west. I am often reading about how Denmark is quickly turning Islamic, so for this to happen in that country it's great!

Obviously anti-semetism & anti- islamic, is what the government of the country is being called. Very correctly it's been stated that animal rights come before religion.
    The suffering of animals is real, belief and worship of a being that isn't even real, is not real.

I hope some other countries follow suit but i wouldn't hold my breath!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...imal-rights-come-before-religion-9135580.html

2. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Ebony Belt Platinum Member

The Danes have already been attacked by Islamic terrorists this year. So they probably figure that since Islamic extremists hate them anyway, they have nothing to lose by pissing them off.

Whatever their reasons, I applaud the stance they are taking. Religion should be no excuse for sadism.:cool:

3. Gervinho

Gervinho Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

The Danes still eat meat and kill animals to eat them. They are no different from the rest of the world

4. D Train

D Train Silver Belt

I love how atheists state that there is no God as fact when, logically, you can neither prove nor disprove that. Seems like that is a belief based on faith as well.

5. Hatestorm

Hatestorm P4P Hottest Smelling Avatar

Unexpected, but commendable.

6. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

ZZZZZzzzzzz.....

7. Mocrates

Mocrates Ik ben Groot.

Technically he's right.

8. FIMN

FIMN Brown Belt

I have zero problems with this law.

9. dannialn

dannialn Green Belt

:rolleyes:
    Anyways, the title is very misleading. A comment made on Reddit:

"Denmark has removed an unused religious exemption that would allow the slaughter of animals without prior anesthesia, because no-one ever applied for it. Halal slaughter is the norm in Denmark, basically all our meat (yes, I'm Danish) is halal slaughtered, except pork obviously, because it's cheaper to have just one process, and we export a lot of it to the Middle East as well.
    As for kosher, the Jewish community in Denmark has been importing (through their own kosher shops, not individually obviously) all of their meat since the 80s anyway."

10. Halge

Halge Silver Belt

Real halal prohibits the animal having been slaughtered by a non-muslim/christian/jew, which I doubt most major meat producers adhere to.
    Then there's the whole part about saying a muslim prayer while slaughtering, though that might be some regional variant.

11. dannialn

dannialn Green Belt

I'm no halal expert.

But having spent quite an amount of time in the circle of various religious people, I'm sure the rules, interpretations and tradition can be bent considerably to suit the desired narrative.
    Especially when we're talking about financial gain.
    Denmark To Standardize Halal Rules

12. The_Renaissance

The_Renaissance On, ahem, fleek

Halal or non-Halal, what does it matter, really?

Animals are still being slaughtered for human consumption, either way.

And this is coming from a massive carnivore.

I eat meat every day, more or less. I couldn't care less whether that animal was killed with a bolt through the head or a knife to the throat and left to bleed out. It's just meat, for me. You can argue the bolt is quicker and less painful, I'd agree. But either way, we're slaughtering lesser animals for our consumption.

This is what happens when you're top of the food chain in society. In the wild, without weapons, we'd be slaughtered in equally inhumane ways by the big players.

I will never stop eating meat coz I fucking LOVE IT.

If a certain religion wants to kill those animals in another manner, it's up to them. You aren't forced to eat it if you don't like that manner.

If that religion wants to cause harm to 'non-believers' by planting explosives and other devious measures, then yes, I have a problem with that. But I won't judge a man for eating meat that was slaughtered in a different way to the meat I usually eat. And I wouldn't NOT eat Halal meat.

EDIT - To add, I lived in a massive Muslim area in Northern England for many years and always chuckled at how blindly the local Muslims would buy bulk of 'Halal meat' from their local Asian stores. They hadn't seen the slaughter take place, they just trusted that the shopkeeper was Muslim and had his private Islamic butcher do the deed. For all they knew, shopkeeper was hiring a freelance butcher called Simon Jones who culled the meat for a pittance compared to the in-demand Islamic butcher, then merely telling them it was Halal. They are none the wiser either way, it's just a blind faith thing.

13. Thurisaz

Thurisaz He is risen

Yes! Thank you, Denmark! First Slovakia, now you. The pendulum is about to swing back...

14. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Yellow Card Yellow Card

There is a place called 'Saad's' in Detroit that has the best deals in meat. It's Halal meat, and I never let it bother me. It's more about the deal. If you have too many Muslims running to Europe, and it's a problem to the indigenous people and they don't want it, start deporting. You have the means, so do it. But as for the meat, I don't care what the person mumbles as they kill it, capitalism (moral an ethical capitalism) is still the best system, so if the meat is good and better priced, I'm going with it.

15. bad seed

bad seed Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I'm in favor of the banning too, but lets not pretend most of the supporters are doing it for animal welfare concerns. We all know the true motivations.

16. hbdope

hbdope Purple Belt

Those videos of animal slaughter are disturbing. I remember a few years back when I was in Colombia I stayed at my ex's family's farm where they slaughtered the animals before they cooked them. That was more humane slaughtering than the stuff they show on the videos but I don't think it's the process that's inhumane but the dickheads who have to do that job day in and day out. I can't imagine having to cut throats all day, that shit would be depressing.

17. Romulas

Romulas Orange Belt

Down the rabbit hole you fucktard.

18. JohnnyTowers

JohnnyTowers Brown Belt

[​IMG]

Wow!

Unbeatable post...

19. Thurisaz

Thurisaz He is risen

I love it when monomaniacs turn threads to their favorite subject.

20. njinsa

njinsa Brown Belt

The fact that god does not exist can be proven with logic. However, you can't prove it to others, only to oneself, because it requires lots of mental work and time to develop and gather all the necessary backing upon which the logic that god does not exist results as the logical conclusion. While books can help to give insights, if one really thinks about them and questions them to the finest detail, all the knowledge must be supported by reality and life, from the certainty in recognizing reality.

However, most people's background stems from blindly accepting what is written in books (faith and belief), and is deeply rooted from childhood. It is a malfunction in the brain, which prevents people from searching and finding the truth of reality. So it is extremely difficult and even impossible for them to find the truth about god, and no logic or information will ever be able prove that to them, until they turn to understanding the truth of reality more and more.