Dems to push more healthcare reform

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
The right needs to just accept a national healthcare system of some sort. Instead of fighting it tooth an nail, fight to make a system that works.

Don’t have a heart attack fellas, I did just post that.

Why would you trust a bunch of politicians with the countrys healthcare?

Ever been to the VA?

I have.

Do you know that if the VA ran the whole coutries HC, we would be at 10% GDP on HC spending, like the rest of the west, and where we were until the 80's?

I have had a horrible experience at the VA, and a very good one. I have had horrible experiences in private HC, and good ones.

For the dollar spent, I would say the VA system is vastly superior.

I find it very strange that something like UHC doesn´t have 100% support among regular people in the US. It´s totally mindboggling. Guess the right wing propaganda has worked extremely well in that regard.

I get it through the employer and it still costs my family almost a 1000$ a month for a silver plan.. So fuck insurance companies.

Damn that´s a lot of dough.

People always like to highlight the high taxes in Scandinavia. I think if you factor in healthcare costs and putting the average 2.3 kids through good colleges/medical school/STEM/Law school the difference isn´t all that much when looking at disposable income after ALL expenses.

Why would you trust cooporations who only have profit as a motive? The rest of the world spends less and gets more. Might want to look into that.

Last edited:

Obamacare, our current system is the worst of both worlds.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for the right to have the answer, but it’s clear they either don’t or they’re unwilling to push it through.

Again, instead of fighting about it, why not work towards a revolutionary national healthcare system that is uniquely American?

Disappointing that the new proposals doesn't looks to price negotiate between hospitals and doctors. That's one of the main reasons why our health care system in America is two to three times more expensive compared to other countries yet our countries seen similar health outcomes.

A few years ago cost differences between hospitals treating Medicare patients was released. One article on this can be seen here ~

Hospital Prices No Longer Secret As New Data Reveals Bewildering System, Staggering Cost Differences

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/08/hospital-prices-cost-differences_n_3232678.html

The only reason you have insurance is that you know with certainty that it's a better deal for you than not having it (whereas many others only, rightly, suspect it will). That means the problem is that your healthcare *costs* are high and your gripe is not at all with insurance.
No, my gripe is with the insurance. The costs are my insurance payment. No need to fabricate what I said. I said I am only paying insurance because it covers my Special needs sons medical expenses, that is it. There is no reason to add or alter anything I have said.

Obamacare, our current system is the worst of both worlds.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for the right to have the answer, but it’s clear they either don’t or they’re unwilling to push it through.

Again, instead of fighting about it, why not work towards a revolutionary national healthcare system that is uniquely American?

Because by putting it in the hands of the most corrupt people on earth..who are currently trying to take down a sitting president and start a war...we are giving up control of the most important aspect of human life, health.

I'm not saying we shouldn't work together to address these concerns as people but to go through the depraved, corrupt, spirit cooking people in Washington should be a non starter. Anything "national" is a bad idea.

Because by putting it in the hands of the most corrupt people on earth..who are currently trying to take down a sitting president and start a war...we are giving up control of the most important aspect of human life, health.

I'm not saying we shouldn't work together to address these concerns as people but to go through the depraved, corrupt, spirit cooking people in Washington should be a non starter. Anything "national" is a bad idea.

Here’s the great thing about the right. We can actually disagree on things.

Have a good day bro!

I dunno Bob, this response is pretty weak and leftist like. But have a good day also

It would be quite the elaborate ruse if I was only pretending to be a right wing partisan.

My shitposting game is of the highest level, but even that is beyond me.

Would be nice to remove insurance companies from the picture.

Provide universal healthcare with optional private healthcare. Then private has to compete with universal in order to be viable.

The right needs to just accept a national healthcare system of some sort. Instead of fighting it tooth an nail, fight to make a system that works.

Don’t have a heart attack fellas, I did just post that.

giphy.gif

It takes 5 people in the VA healthcare system to accomplish what it takes 2 in private healthcare. Profits are what drive innovation in healthcare and if you take that away th advancement of healthcare is hindered. People arguing for universal healthcare do not work in the industry.

Current Medicare reimbursement rules hinder healthcare providers ability to make their own clinical judgements. Unnecessary tests are ordered because Medicare demands it or necessary tests are not ordered because Medicare won’t pay for it. Look at the disaster of EMTALA or the ACA if you want to learn about why increasing healthcare availability is a bad idea. If you want coverage then go work for an employer who provides it or purchase your own.

It takes 5 people in the VA healthcare system to accomplish what it takes 2 in private healthcare. Profits are what drive innovation in healthcare and if you take that away th advancement of healthcare is hindered. People arguing for universal healthcare do not work in the industry.

Current Medicare reimbursement rules hinder healthcare providers ability to make their own clinical judgements. Unnecessary tests are ordered because Medicare demands it or necessary tests are not ordered because Medicare won’t pay for it. Look at the disaster of EMTALA or the ACA if you want to learn about why increasing healthcare availability is a bad idea. If you want coverage then go work for an employer who provides it or purchase your own.

Then why are countries with UHC also the ones with most nobel prizes in medicine pr capita?

Four small European countries lead the ranking of Nobel prizes for medicine per capita, matching their identification with powerful health and pharmaceutical industries. They are in this order Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, and Austria.

http://stats.areppim.com/stats/stats_nobelxmedxcapita.htm

Back